Update: Alpha Spoiler:Exiles Reach Alliance And Horde Playthroughs

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Arwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Update: Alpha Spoiler:Exiles Reach Alliance And Horde Playthroughs

Unread post by Arwyn »

*If mods feel the need to move or delete please do if it goes against rules, NDA or Youtube.*

Nobble87 shares the new starting zone for new Alliance players in this hour and thirty minute video.

The zone is set up as a class tutorial so minor differences will be made for each class as they go through zone. Nobble does show a hunter, mage and warrior in his video but only goes in-depth with the warrior experience as he plays through the zone and discussing leveling changes. Horde version currently not available but hopefully soon. And also, since this is Alpha expect some changes between it, Beta, and the final release.

Enjoy:

The New Leveling Experience-Shadowlands Alpha-by Nobble87

EDIT: Yesssss! Able to find two videos for new hunters. Which, yes it good. But each one is around 2 hours in length. Which can be seen as bad. So if not wanting to watch them important things so far, new characters do start with the starting pet, but "lose" them, then get them back as part of the training experience. Class specs are unlocked at level 10 and players will talk to an NPC about the different specs.

Looking at the experience as if I was a new player curious about the class, the tutorial does start a player on a good foot on how it feels to play the hunter class. But still would be going to outside sources like Icy-Vein in order to learn rotations and what talents to choice. And of course here for what other pets would be available to tame.

So without much ado, here they are:

Blizzplanet: New Exile's Reach Level 1-10 Experience Hunter. No commentary. Length: 2 hours and 20 minutes

WoWCrendor on Twitch: Cox n' Crendor Shadowlands Alpha Fiesta Has commentary. Covers Shadowland and Exile's Reach game play over a five hour stream. Footage for Exile's Reach game play begins around 4:22 mark and lasts for the rest of the Stream.

UPDATE:

Horde Playthrough of Exiles Reach brought to you by MrGM. Some tweaks made to make it a wee bit different from the Alliance playthrough. He's on a mage character but will keep an eye out if anyone uploads a hunter playthrough. Minor cursing during his stream which is about an hour long. Besides that, enjoy:

Exiles Reach Full Playthrough-Horde by MrGM
Last edited by Arwyn on Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Alpha Spoiler: New Alliance Players Starting Zone by Nobbel87

Unread post by Wain »

That’s cool. Thanks :). I’m still to try out the starting zone. I know starting hunters get to choose a pet, but I don’t know what those are yet and what it means for the old starter pets.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Arwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Arwyn »

Thanks for letting me know its cool.

And yeah, in the bits with his nelf hunter Nobble had a MoP tiger with her instead of the regular white tiger available for new players. It is understandable if it's to show new players how to tame a pet, but interesting of what will become of the old starter pets.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Arwyn wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:18 am Thanks for letting me know its cool.

And yeah, in the bits with his nelf hunter Nobble had a MoP tiger with her instead of the regular white tiger available for new players. It is understandable if it's to show new players how to tame a pet, but interesting of what will become of the old starter pets.
Especially for the unique ones. At least some of those are now available to the wider player base (and perhaps they willingly relaxed the uniqueness of those, knowing that this system was coming!). But others may become completely unavailable if they're not added to the wider game, like the fiery darkhound that Dark Irons use.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Arwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Arwyn »

Wain wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:59 am
Arwyn wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:18 am Thanks for letting me know its cool.

Especially for the unique ones. At least some of those are now available to the wider player base (and perhaps they willingly relaxed the uniqueness of those, knowing that this system was coming!). But others may become completely unavailable if they're not added to the wider game, like the fiery darkhound that Dark Irons use.
I shudder at the thought of Blizz just suddenly deciding to dump race specific starter hunter pets because they do add uniqueness to the hunter. And yeah, as players level they will tame and swap out pets but starting off with the robo-bunny on my gnome is/was awesome.

Hopefully during the scenario there'll be an npc that says something along the line "It looks like you lost your pet when we crashed. Lets tame a new one until we find your original pet." That way, the player keeps the original starter pet but they also learn how to tame pets. And at the end of the whole tutorial the player learns their pet was found and they just have to go to the stable to reclaim it.

Hopefully.

EDIT: Managed to find two Alpha videos for the hunter leveling experience. :headbang:
And worries about starter hunter pets are calmed. New players will be able to get them, while Allied races apparently won't even deal with Exile's Reach because they start at level 10. Now I'm going to re-edit the title and those videos to keep everything in one spot.