Shadowlands Pet Bugs & Suggestions

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Re: Shadowlands Pet Bugs & Suggestions

Unread post by worgpower »

WerebearGuy wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:06 pm Bugs:
- Putting a pet in the stable and pulling it out has a chance for it to suddenly lose health. You almost can't withdraw and summon a pet at full health. Half of my pets do this.
- Prototype Aquilion as the Animal Companion sometimes just doesn't move. It has to despawn and respawn to work again.

Suggestions:
- I won't give up begging to have Pink Elekk tameable. Make it so people who're smashed can tame them. "The elekk admires your drinking ability, and wishes to accompany you!", turns neutral, and lets you tame it.
- Island Expedition enemies, as long as they fit a current pet type, should be tameable. Rares, obviously, should retain their name.
- Korthian enemies, specifically Razorwings and Gromits, should be tameable. Razorwings could be an exotic addition to the feathermanes, while Gromits should probably be with the toads.
- Wild Wilderlings and Corpseflies should be tameable in the...wolf? and wasp families, respectively.
- Chickens as carrion birds. You know you want to. (Also includes those horrid bush chickens)
Don’t forget my favorite untameable, the soul eaters, into warp stalkers
Beavers into rodents
Rabbits into rodents(rename to something more fitting)
Skeletal horses to coursers
And best of all, baby brutosaurs, which have a running animation, should be given all the colors to the wild brutosaur juvenile, and put them in scalehides
Clayford13
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Korgath

Unread post by Clayford13 »

Suggestions:

I would love to see the stable UI get an overhaul.

9.1 helped a lot of things, but I would love to see every skin that was created for every beast be tamable in game. Looking at you Red Ardeweald fox.

Please let us pick which class our pet is. Most pets I want to use are Cunning but I really want the leech from Ferocity. I don't understand why we can't pick like we used to be able to do.

Exotic pets seem kind of pointless now. Worms are exotic but the celestial god dragon I just tamed isn't? Let all Hunters tame all pets! Or is it just me that thinks that way? Lol

ZLet us tame the new warp stalker model PLEASE! It's gorgeous. Also, yes please to the Shade Beast things.

Last but most certainly not least. Please make Sprite Darters tamable. I have wanted a little flying gecko friend since I started in vanilla QQ (the argument with this is usually that they're sentient since some can talk, but I don't think that is the case for all of them, the same way not all Pandaria Cloud Serpents are able to talk)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I agree with all but the sprite darters. The speaking cloud serpents can only do so because of magic. They are the exceptions. Thus far, all sprite darters are shown to be sentient and sapient, except for the ones in Draenor.
Clayford13
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Is it known that Sprite Darters don't do the same? And if the ones on Draenor aren't sentient... there we go! Lol
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The difference is that the vast majority of sprite darters talk, and the exceptions (on Draenor) do not, and they really aren’t true sprite darters.

The vast majority of Cloud Serpents do not talk and do not have that level of intelligence, and the exceptions can talk (but only due to magic).
Clayford13
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

I just don't ever encounter these talking sprite darters I guess. Maybe because I'm Horde. I only know of Brightwing.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

not sure if this goes here but im looking for a stable grid for shadowlands so i can plan my many hunters stable :D

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Clayford13
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Maria wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:56 am not sure if this goes here but im looking for a stable grid for shadowlands so i can plan my many hunters stable :D
theres a really nice addon called aspect of the hunter. it turns the stable UI into a grid and you can sort it by pet class and family. it's great! it can be buggy at times, but only one guy develops it so it's understandable.
Clayford13
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

taywinnet wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:41 pm
Valnaaros wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:31 pm Yes, but generally it has to be posted in a thread that Muffinus (the WoW dev largely responsible for Hunter pets) will notice it. Wain has compiled a list of beasts that should be made tamable, and also some recommendations of npcs that could have unused color variants added to them. The red and dark red Vulpin is included already in these recommendations :)
Thank you; this gives me hope! Poor gnome will just have to (im)patiently wait and pray.
I am in the same boat. The deep red fox is gorgeous and would compliment my blood elf's red and gold armor SO well
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Clayford13 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:06 am
Maria wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:56 am not sure if this goes here but im looking for a stable grid for shadowlands so i can plan my many hunters stable :D
theres a really nice addon called aspect of the hunter. it turns the stable UI into a grid and you can sort it by pet class and family. it's great! it can be buggy at times, but only one guy develops it so it's understandable.
Thank you! I would love an addon like that .Aspect of the hunter though add a lot of stuff i DONT want... any other addons?

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Clayford13
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Maria wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:24 am
Thank you! I would love an addon like that .Aspect of the hunter though add a lot of stuff i DONT want... any other addons?
Yeah it does add a lot more than just the stable UI overhaul. I think it tracks pets you've tamed and shows if the beast is tamable without using beast lore. But other than that one, I am unsure.
Cozzene
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Cozzene »

"Improved Stable Frame" is what I use. It has all the stable slots visible, but arranging your pets in the order you want requires moving every single pet around one at a time, that could really use some work. Otherwise, I couldn't not have this addon on my hunters now.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Cozzene wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:37 am

"Improved Stable Frame" is what I use. It has all the stable slots visible, but arranging your pets in the order you want requires moving every single pet around one at a time, that could really use some work. Otherwise, I couldn't not have this addon on my hunters now.
"Improved Stable Frame" doesnt work on mine after 9.1... but thanks

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Been experiencing bug with animal companion. Often it wont appear before some time, - longest ive timed is 7 minuts. Other times the companion pet wont attack and just stand there .
Any one else having problems?

Cozzene
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Cozzene »

Any ETA on a possible crystal scorpion tail fix?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

There isn’t any idea when or if it will be fixed. Unfortunately, it likely won’t be until at least the next patch, due to Blizz basically stopping development on WoW for the time being.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

My gut feeling is it won't be fixed in the foreseeable future, but I hope I'm wrong. It's hard to get model/art changes, and it's probably 10x less likely when it only affects a few hunter pets. The creators will view it as not broken, as it really isn't: it does what it was designed to do, which unfortunately didn't include hunter pets. But cross fingers some model artist notices it and decides to make a pet project of it.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Cozzene
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Cozzene »

Wain wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:27 am My gut feeling is it won't be fixed in the foreseeable future, but I hope I'm wrong. It's hard to get model/art changes, and it's probably 10x less likely when it only affects a few hunter pets. The creators will view it as not broken, as it really isn't: it does what it was designed to do, which unfortunately didn't include hunter pets. But cross fingers some model artist notices it and decides to make a pet project of it.
Not sure if you meant the pun but that gave me a good giggle after the bummer news. Hopefully indeed, I'd love to use them but man... that really just. I can't get past it. :x
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Cozzene wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:15 pm
Wain wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:27 am My gut feeling is it won't be fixed in the foreseeable future, but I hope I'm wrong. It's hard to get model/art changes, and it's probably 10x less likely when it only affects a few hunter pets. The creators will view it as not broken, as it really isn't: it does what it was designed to do, which unfortunately didn't include hunter pets. But cross fingers some model artist notices it and decides to make a pet project of it.
Not sure if you meant the pun but that gave me a good giggle after the bummer news.
:D
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

OK, I'm revisiting this thread before the 9.1.5 PTR comes out. Then we can try to attract some attention to it, in the hopes of some fixes.

Please check the OP and let me know if anything pet-related should be added, or has been fixed and should be removed. Thanks! :)