Shadowlands Pet Bugs & Suggestions

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Re: Shadowlands Pet Bugs & Suggestions

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Exactly before Kala was tamable as listed on the site but now according to the site she isn't when I did Tough Love where we have to get the stick back I was able to tame her haven't been back since to try again but now she is listed as not so not sure if it was a bug why she isn't listed anymore as tamable. If need be I can go back there and try again to double check I am just going off what I saw on here and hoping if she is not anymore those like me who did tame her can keep her.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

There is no reason why Blizz would take her away. She isn’t a glitch tame or anything like that.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Oh I see! that’s weird. I tamed her about 3 days ago and edited her entry for more info but now she’s missing entirely. I’ll look into it.

The untameable version you see is to cover the friendly ones.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Kala is fixed. Thanks for catching that!

https://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id ... lion2_gold

Essentially, I noticed that the tameable version was given the wrong NPC ID in our database (it had the generic hunter pet ID). I fixed it but forgot to assign that new ID an appearance (appearances are linked in a different table). Because she had no appearance she stopped appearing :P
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Not sure if this is right place to post if not please move where it belongs, I am wondering with the pet Silver Maned Wolf w/ Blue Bands I know humans start with it when they begin in the new starting zone but is it possible to say start a new human go through until I get to where the pet spawns tame it but don't turn quest in then race change to an orc for Auburn Maned Wolf w/ Grey Bands complete the quest and leave starting zone with both wolves. After waiting period expires race change final time to a Vulpera do I still keep both wolves or by abandoning it before race changing to orc do I lose the human one. And would I lose both by race changing to a Vulpera I think it is possible to do as to why I want to make a Vulpera that only tames wolves, foxes and hounds.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Iowawolf wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:02 pm Not sure if this is right place to post if not please move where it belongs, I am wondering with the pet Silver Maned Wolf w/ Blue Bands I know humans start with it when they begin in the new starting zone but is it possible to say start a new human go through until I get to where the pet spawns tame it but don't turn quest in then race change to an orc for Auburn Maned Wolf w/ Grey Bands complete the quest and leave starting zone with both wolves. After waiting period expires race change final time to a Vulpera do I still keep both wolves or by abandoning it before race changing to orc do I lose the human one. And would I lose both by race changing to a Vulpera I think it is possible to do as to why I want to make a Vulpera that only tames wolves, foxes and hounds.
I... don’t see why not? Unless race changes are prevented on new characters, or it boots you out of the Exile’s Reach area. Otherwise, that’s some creative thinking!

Are random, free race changes still working on the PTR? You could check there.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Wain wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:07 pm
Iowawolf wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:02 pm Not sure if this is right place to post if not please move where it belongs, I am wondering with the pet Silver Maned Wolf w/ Blue Bands I know humans start with it when they begin in the new starting zone but is it possible to say start a new human go through until I get to where the pet spawns tame it but don't turn quest in then race change to an orc for Auburn Maned Wolf w/ Grey Bands complete the quest and leave starting zone with both wolves. After waiting period expires race change final time to a Vulpera do I still keep both wolves or by abandoning it before race changing to orc do I lose the human one. And would I lose both by race changing to a Vulpera I think it is possible to do as to why I want to make a Vulpera that only tames wolves, foxes and hounds.
I... don’t see why not? Unless race changes are prevented on new characters, or it boots you out of the Exile’s Reach area. Otherwise, that’s some creative thinking!

Are random, free race changes still working on the PTR? You could check there.
That is a good thought thank you have to see about the PTR that also should tell me if it boots me off the island.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

So far as a human I did up to where I tamed the wolf on PTR got it tamed and abandoned quest wolf still in stable now to change to orc will keep posted on progress. On PTR still asking to customize not faction change not sure how to bump this along but am trying.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Tisera wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:40 pm 2020-11-30 23_37_27-Clipboard.png

Anyone know why my pet turns green? Is this a bug?
Tisera, it has me stumped, unless it's an effect from a fight that just isn't wearing off in some cases. But Lupen just reported the same thing with a flayedwing chimera from Maldraxxus, here:
viewtopic.php?f=62&t=26213&p=621432#p621431

Very odd!
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Ok on the PTR I finally got to faction change to an orc but the sad part is when I did it took me off the island and into Orgrimmar so it seems right now there is no way to get both wolves cause I still had the one when I was human unless there is another way I don't know about.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Iowawolf wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:53 pm Ok on the PTR I finally got to faction change to an orc but the sad part is when I did it took me off the island and into Orgrimmar so it seems right now there is no way to get both wolves cause I still had the one when I was human unless there is another way I don't know about.
Aww, bugger :( Well thanks for persisting and trying at least!
Vornesoul
Realm: Undermine

Unread post by Vornesoul »

Just incase any lurkers keep an eye on this thread:

Some raid tames still bugged as of 15/12/2020. Tried to train Skorpyron yestday, still can't. Being able to tame it was listed in the patch notes for Shadowlands, so doubt it's intentional. I've submitted the bug in game but might as well leave this reminder here.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I'm going to start updating this thread, in the hope that some of these issues can be addressed for 9.1 (or 9.0.5., or whatever comes next).

I'll sort through all the missing looks and see which are now in, and if there are other missing ones I don't have listed (including ones that are only available from quest phases or covenants, like the light soulseeker and dark red darkhound).

But just to check:

- are there any pet models that still show ranged/hitbox issues, or were they all fixed? This included certain pterrordaxes, cloud serpents and dread ravens.
- are some pythons still really tiny?
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Nooo, don't take away our teeny tiny pythons! :) I have a green python hunter pet that is still smaller than the same model battle pet.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The main ability for Mammoths is a long channel, during which time they do not do any dps. It should be recommended that their ability is an instant cast rather than a channel.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:00 am The main ability for Mammoths is a long channel, during which time they do not do any dps. It should be recommended that their ability is an instant cast rather than a channel.
Added! Can you confirm that Trample really is a 6-second channel? The one comment it has on Wowhead suggests that it's just the tooltip and it really isn't a channel, just that it lasts 6 seconds.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Wain wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:21 am
Valnaaros wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:00 am The main ability for Mammoths is a long channel, during which time they do not do any dps. It should be recommended that their ability is an instant cast rather than a channel.
Added! Can you confirm that Trample really is a 6-second channel? The one comment it has on Wowhead suggests that it's just the tooltip and it really isn't a channel, just that it lasts 6 seconds.
I just confirmed it. I tested it on a random mob. The Mammoth was doing damage just fine to the mob, but as soon as I told it to use Trample, it stopped dealing damage for six seconds and just stared at the mob until the Trample was finished.
taywinnet
Realm: Sisters of Elune

Unread post by taywinnet »

There is a deep red vulpin that shows up with Dire Beast that is so far not tameable... just here to suggest to potential lurker to maybe give us a tameable version? My gnome was in Tirna Scithe for the first time, used Dire Beast, and immediately fell desperately in love with that vulpin. Was so pumped to dash over to Ardenweald, find it in the wild, and tame it... but to no avail! Lots of lovely colours, but none gave her that visceral connection like the deep red did.

Does asking for tameable versions of things ever bear fruit? My poor gnome is heartbroken.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

taywinnet wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:12 pm There is a deep red vulpin that shows up with Dire Beast that is so far not tameable... just here to suggest to potential lurker to maybe give us a tameable version? My gnome was in Tirna Scithe for the first time, used Dire Beast, and immediately fell desperately in love with that vulpin. Was so pumped to dash over to Ardenweald, find it in the wild, and tame it... but to no avail! Lots of lovely colours, but none gave her that visceral connection like the deep red did.

Does asking for tameable versions of things ever bear fruit? My poor gnome is heartbroken.
Yes, but generally it has to be posted in a thread that Muffinus (the WoW dev largely responsible for Hunter pets) will notice it. Wain has compiled a list of beasts that should be made tamable, and also some recommendations of npcs that could have unused color variants added to them. The red and dark red Vulpin is included already in these recommendations :)
taywinnet
Realm: Sisters of Elune

Unread post by taywinnet »

Valnaaros wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:31 pm Yes, but generally it has to be posted in a thread that Muffinus (the WoW dev largely responsible for Hunter pets) will notice it. Wain has compiled a list of beasts that should be made tamable, and also some recommendations of npcs that could have unused color variants added to them. The red and dark red Vulpin is included already in these recommendations :)
Thank you; this gives me hope! Poor gnome will just have to (im)patiently wait and pray.