Shadowlands Pet Bugs & Suggestions

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Re: Shadowlands Pet Bugs & Suggestions

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Regarding what's still listed, The Prophet Tharon'ja is not tameable. That was changed before release, sadly. I would also add Pink Elekk to the list of " 9.0 Suggestions" (should be 9.1.5 now), because we can tame other imaginary animals like Phantasmal Mammoth. Should probably also add the 9.1 beasts like Gromits and Razorwings, because they should objectively be tameable.

Otherwise, looks good.

Edit; I'd also like to pitch the concept of rare-spawned minions keeping their name, such as Mist Decoy and Hardshell Pincher.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

The prophet being untameable was likely an intentional change. He was tameable but was made untameable in a later build, likely because of sapience.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I recommend that the OOX-Avenger/MG is given a different rocket chicken variant and made tameable.

The unused Bright Green classic wasp should be added to something.

The two unused arcane serpent variants could be added to the Arcane Wyrm and/or Arcane Serpent npcs.

Add the unused diamond crab variant to the Moonshell Crawler.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Since we have mecanical sheep, chikens and bunnies I dont see the harm in letting us tame normal ones.
And I would love for cows, roaches, rats, mice, butterflies to be added too. Would also love to see rhino beetles, mantis and other insects

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Maria wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:28 am Since we have mecanical sheep, chikens and bunnies I dont see the harm in letting us tame normal ones.
And I would love for cows, roaches, rats, mice, butterflies to be added too. Would also love to see rhino beetles, mantis and other insects
I also think they should do the same, but the creatures in reality are too small and weak to be hunter pets, we can have the mechs since their robots and more likely to survive a battle than a real animal, rats can be good pets, I’ve seen wild ones in suramar that I want to tame, but are untameable
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Lamas arent exatly verocious ;)
To me they should just remove all restrictions to pets :)

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Maria wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:58 am Lamas arent exatly verocious ;)
To me they should just remove all restrictions to pets :)
Almost every beast entity is tameable, but there is a subtle population that needs to be flagged tameable
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I think it be cool to do a insect zone, a new dino zone with more dinos (Barynox, Spinosaurus etc), general would love more wild life zones like a big forrest or a huge savannnah like the barrens.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Basically was Worgpower said. A mechanical version of them is much stronger than a normal version of them. That said, the giant rat model that is used for the mount would be great as a member of the Rodent family.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Maria wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:39 pm I think it be cool to do a insect zone, a new dino zone with more dinos (Barynox, Spinosaurus etc), general would love more wild life zones like a big forrest or a huge savannnah like the barrens.
Silithus is the prime insect/arachnid zone, a lush dense forest would be great, i agree on more dinos since I am getting bored of raptors and most of the other dinos are exotic so I can’t use them due to being a SV main
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Silithus is a bit ... boring for a main insect zone.. something like this would be awesome.. with giant insects like ants, mantid, diffrent type of bettles and bugs.

I cant help to think of the giant insect transporters in oblivion.. or was it Morrowind. I just mean something so much more than what we got could be done and it would be cool to explore PLUS give us more fun pets. I want a centipede pet or a rhino beetle pet/mount etc :P

I absolutly adore vahsir for its underwater world and I just wish we had more unique zones like that :D and they could make fun of starship troopers if we had an insect world to fight :)

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I’m still suggesting these SL beasts for a while now, if we have a tameable aquilon and Shardhides, and soulseekers, we can have the following
-Wilderling, wolf, fox, or a new family with cloud serpents
-Razorwings, feathermanes are the best bet, considering the fact wind riders are feathermanes and lack feathers, and nowadays, the skill is easy to obtain
-gromits, merge with toads and call them hoppers
-Soul eaters “my favorite”- merge with warpstalkers, and have a family and ability rename
Corpseflies-flag them tameable, they have wasps on beast lore
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Regarding toads, now that it was mentioned; with Island Expeditions FINALLY being what they should've been since 9.0, the loa model toads need to become tameable. I've wanted the loa toad model since we first saw Dew Monster in the beta files for BfA. There's a bunch of them in island expeditions, as well as Dew Monster being implemented in Tazavesh (which I've still yet to complete because nobody that's able to follow directions wants to do it, RIP). While gromits being added would be a fantastic change, I'm a simple man that just wants a bigger toad.

There's also the smaller toads around Krag'wa's den that can be attacked and have full animations. They may have a battle pet model, but that does not matter; we have hilariously low quality silkworms; give us these adorable froglets too! I want a little brown froglet.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

WerebearGuy wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:03 pm Regarding toads, now that it was mentioned; with Island Expeditions FINALLY being what they should've been since 9.0, the loa model toads need to become tameable. I've wanted the loa toad model since we first saw Dew Monster in the beta files for BfA. There's a bunch of them in island expeditions, as well as Dew Monster being implemented in Tazavesh (which I've still yet to complete because nobody that's able to follow directions wants to do it, RIP). While gromits being added would be a fantastic change, I'm a simple man that just wants a bigger toad.

There's also the smaller toads around Krag'wa's den that can be attacked and have full animations. They may have a battle pet model, but that does not matter; we have hilariously low quality silkworms; give us these adorable froglets too! I want a little brown froglet.
I also want a loa toad, I noticed it’s fatter and chunkier than the normal fire toads, the Ardenweald toads use the loa toads fatness, the only thing I don’t like about the loa toads is that big tooth on its jaw, i don’t usually want a toad that either reminds me of beast boy, the little toads on the other hand, their pretty cute, I want one, but I still prefer the beefier adult versions
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The Loa Toads in IEs are currently included on the suggestion list :)

The Dew Monster in Tazavesh cannot be attacked, so it couldn’t be tamed even if it was flagged. It would also have to be made attackable.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

I posted it in its own thread, but Tenacity pets seem massively bugged currently. After getting annoyed at how often my Tenacity pet was dying with no explanation, I decided to do some testing.

I sent my pet to attack an elite in the Desmotaeron and recorded how long it took the pet to die. I did it 5 times per pet.

Ferocity (Soundless): 59 Seconds, 57 Seconds, 61 Seconds, 55 Seconds, 59 Seconds
Cunning (Shadow of Dhambala): 56 Seconds, 54 Seconds, 56 Seconds, 57 Seconds, 53 Seconds
Tenacity (Maw Roach): 29 Seconds, 23 Seconds, 25 Seconds, 28 Seconds, 23 Seconds

As you can see, even with a Shield Wall ability, the Maw Roach dies in almost half the time of the other ones.

I also repeated this with a Shardhide, Mechanical, and Giraffe. Same results. Shardhide lasted over a minute due to its shield wall, Mechanical was pretty much the same as Dhambala, and Giraffe had times under 20 seconds.

Tenacity is broken. I'm not sure how, but it definitely is.
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by DannyGreen »

I Still want those little crawbats as tameable bats.
They would be so fun to have flying around with you.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

DannyGreen wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:45 pm I Still want those little crawbats as tameable bats.
They would be so fun to have flying around with you.
We still need adult versions, that would have the same shape as a bilescourge, has the stitched crawbat features, the face, and of course the crawbat color scheme, I would of preferred a crawbat over a fly for a mount
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Small update on the crystal scorpion model, which loses parts after taming: I have been told that not only are they aware of the issue, but it's being worked on. But of course there are higher priorities right now, so they can't say how long before it'll be fixed.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Wain wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:14 am Small update on the crystal scorpion model, which loses parts after taming: I have been told that not only are they aware of the issue, but it's being worked on. But of course there are higher priorities right now, so they can't say how long before it'll be fixed.
That's great! I'm glad that they're working on it, even it it possibly won't be fixed for a while. Thanks for letting us know, Wain :)