Shadowlands Pet Bugs & Suggestions

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Re: Shadowlands Pet Bugs & Suggestions

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Good to know! Hopefully the broken ones remain broken, and we can tame fixed ones later. I like my broken arachnid.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Wain wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:14 am Small update on the crystal scorpion model, which loses parts after taming: I have been told that not only are they aware of the issue, but it's being worked on. But of course there are higher priorities right now, so they can't say how long before it'll be fixed.
I forgot to mention they need to fix their running animation, it’s just a fast walk
mythreign
Realm: RAVENCREST

Unread post by mythreign »

anyone else have this bug after doing the blight quest in 9.2.5
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_060322_220645.jpg
WoWScrnShot_060322_220645.jpg (3.13 MiB) Viewed 4645 times
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

This looks like the blight aura bug that a lot of hunters experienced in Maldraxxus at the House of Plagues. I guess the same thing is now happening in Lordaeron.

Sometimes, if the circumstances are right, the slime aura that the pet receives from going in the goo gets stuck. There's normally a debuff with a countdown timer for the appearance to be removed, but if the debuff is deleted without removing the appearance then the green aura stays.

If so, it'll go away eventually, but it lingers for a long time. It may help if you go to the area and expose your pet to the slime lake again and let the debuff tick down.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
mythreign
Realm: RAVENCREST

Unread post by mythreign »

thank you i didnt want to get rid of it at first
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Kinda bummbed this last patch didn't include any new tames. Still hoping we get that deep read Fox and the Wolf Serpents.
taywinnet
Realm: Sisters of Elune

Unread post by taywinnet »

I saw the deep red fox, attackable, on my first run of Tazavesh Streets the other day. It was released during one of the boss fights, or just after. It followed me out of the boss area. Wasn't on a hunter, so couldn't check if it was tameable, but it was THERE.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

taywinnet wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:46 am I saw the deep red fox, attackable, on my first run of Tazavesh Streets the other day. It was released during one of the boss fights, or just after. It followed me out of the boss area. Wasn't on a hunter, so couldn't check if it was tameable, but it was THERE.
Thanks! I think the reason we decided to ignore them is that they can actually appear with four different models from unrelated families (foxes, stone hounds, carrion birds, hounds) and it's hard to record that. They aren't tameable so it was easier just to ignore them :)

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=175677/smug ... ure#models
GrimMelvin

Unread post by GrimMelvin »

Hello. The spider called "Tower Creeper" in Revendreth also has another possible appearance-- the Burgundy version. This appearance isn't currently listed on the Petopia guide. Maybe it would be good to add it?

Here is the color variation in the game:

Sorry if this is a random post or if someone already mentioned it.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

GrimMelvin wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:44 pm Hello. The spider called "Tower Creeper" in Revendreth also has another possible appearance-- the Burgundy version. This appearance isn't currently listed on the Petopia guide. Maybe it would be good to add it?
Hey GrimMelvin,

Welcome! And thanks so much for taking the time to join up and let us know. I've fixed the Tower Creeper appearance so it shows all three colours now:

https://www.wow-petopia.com/npc.php?id=159265
Tsukina
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shen'dralar

Unread post by Tsukina »

Today I had a bug that would be funny and even nice if it hadn't been for its consequence...

I've been to the timewalk dungeon with my hunter Orc-WoD, his pets are the 3 of the boss of the raid, in the stable the Clefthoof, and on top of that Elekk to tank and Rylak to dps.

When we got to the pulls before the first boss, they mentally controlled me, and my controlled pj summoned the Elekk (he had the Rylak, of course), and then when the mind control is over (due to time, no I have been dispelled or anything), I have gone on to have 3 pets (as seen in the photos).

In fact, if you look under the pet's skill bar, there's a second bar with weird skills.

The pets were all functional, and the Elekk and Rylak were independent, getting 2 stuns when using Intimidate.

It is part a bit exploit.

The problem has been that I have lost my pet 1 (the rylak), inside the dungeon I tried to remove the Elek but it did not come out to summon the Rylak, and when I finished the dungeon, I went to a stable master, and indeed in slot 1, I had NOTHING, neither relogging, nor moving squares, nor anything.

In my case, it's not a problem at all, since I go to the raid and get another one, but BE CAREFUL if you have pets that can't be obtained and that dungeon. You could lose them, so be careful

I didn't know if this was the right post, if I made a mistake, I'm sorry.
As always, sorry for the translation.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Thank you for the heads up, Tsukina! :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Oh that is strange! Thanks for warning us. Have you reported it in game or on the official forums?
Tsukina
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shen'dralar

Unread post by Tsukina »

Wain wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:00 am Oh that is strange! Thanks for warning us. Have you reported it in game or on the official forums?
I have put it on the Spanish website to report, but I don't know if the report will have a long way to go, since we currently do not have our own blue, there is only a bot that does automatic post-blue translations.
GrimMelvin

Hello again, I've tried to tame the two armored Gargons that come with Huntmaster Petrus (Geza & Reza). It seems that these two can't be tamed anymore. I have the Gargon Training Manual learned on my hunter and I can tame other Gargons just fine (the non-armored ones).

Nevermind, I'm dumb :oops:
Last edited by GrimMelvin on Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

GrimMelvin wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:10 pm Hello again, I've tried to tame the two armored Gargons that come with Huntmaster Petrus (Geza & Reza). It seems that these two can't be tamed anymore. I have the Gargon Training Manual learned on my hunter and I can tame other Gargons just fine (the non-armored ones).

Including a screenshot.
it's been some time since I tamed these two, but I remember they were a little finicky

did you kill the Huntmaster before you attempted to tame?
GrimMelvin

Vephriel wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:26 pm it's been some time since I tamed these two, but I remember they were a little finicky

No, actually, I didn't kill him. I'll try that now. Thanks!

Edit: Yes, you are right. In order to tame them, you need to kill Petrus first.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

GrimMelvin wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:31 pm
Vephriel wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:26 pm it's been some time since I tamed these two, but I remember they were a little finicky

No, actually, I didn't kill him. I'll try that now. Thanks!

Edit: Yes, you are right. In order to tame them, you need to kill Petrus first.
Ahhh I'm glad that worked! I seemed to remember something like that but I wasn't for sure.
Ijomi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Ijomi »

Long time no post! I wasn't sure where to put this, but it is a "bug" so :lol:

The site lists the Faeleaf Shimmerwing moth as currently untameable due to level. But while running the Torghast daily with my husband, I was able to tame it at level 55. My husband, who is at level 57, saw the moth as level 58.

It does retain its name!

It spawned twice in that instance. We would've had a perfect run if it weren't for me :D

Let me give Runty a good home. :hug:
Flight Rising!
deviantART!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Ijomi wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 12:25 pm Long time no post! I wasn't sure where to put this, but it is a "bug" so :lol:

The site lists the Faeleaf Shimmerwing moth as currently untameable due to level. But while running the Torghast daily with my husband, I was able to tame it at level 55. My husband, who is at level 57, saw the moth as level 58.

It does retain its name!

It spawned twice in that instance. We would've had a perfect run if it weren't for me :D
That's wonderful, thank you!

What level did it appear to you? We thought it was always one level higher than the player and so (because it's elite) it can never be tamed.