Shadowlands Pet Bugs & Suggestions

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Shadowlands Pet Bugs & Suggestions

Unread post by Valnaaros »

taywinnet wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:41 pm
Valnaaros wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:31 pm Yes, but generally it has to be posted in a thread that Muffinus (the WoW dev largely responsible for Hunter pets) will notice it. Wain has compiled a list of beasts that should be made tamable, and also some recommendations of npcs that could have unused color variants added to them. The red and dark red Vulpin is included already in these recommendations :)
Thank you; this gives me hope! Poor gnome will just have to (im)patiently wait and pray.
You’re welcome! Hopefully it’ll happen in the next patch :)
PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by PorrasouxRex »

Classic Pterrodexes are very small when tamed. Not sure if this is intentional. Only been able to test the ones in Un'goro.

Also suggestion for the War horses and War kodos in swamp of sorrows, and then the armored War gryphons from Twilight highland. Potentially with a "lost" or "abandoned" rare version that is for both factions.
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."

Runethia
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Runethia »

Unsure if this has been suggested or not, but it would be a nice QoL change for some of the Legion unicorns in the courser family to have their attack animations updated and in-line with the new Shadowlands coursers. The new ones have a second attack animation that has them basically stabbing in a nice fluid forward motion which is used alongside the old kicking animation, but the old Legion horses that use the same model are stuck with only the hoof kicks.

I love my Ephemeral Runner, but it feels awful to use in comparison to the newer unicorns. Likewise with Somber Dawn; it has such pretty colors and uses the exact same model as the new ones, but doesn't feel as great to use. The new coursers with that one extra animation seem so much more alive and less robotic than the others that it feels like straight-up downgrading when switching to a Legion one. And in the grand scheme of things, the Legion mobs aren’t that old.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Runethia wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:31 pm Unsure if this has been suggested or not, but it would be a nice QoL change for some of the Legion unicorns in the courser family to have their attack animations updated and in-line with the new Shadowlands coursers. The new ones have a second attack animation that has them basically stabbing in a nice fluid forward motion which is used alongside the old kicking animation, but the old Legion horses that use the same model are stuck with only the hoof kicks.

I love my Ephemeral Runner, but it feels awful to use in comparison to the newer unicorns. Likewise with Somber Dawn; it has such pretty colors and uses the exact same model as the new ones, but doesn't feel as great to use. The new coursers with that one extra animation seem so much more alive and less robotic than the others that it feels like straight-up downgrading when switching to a Legion one. And in the grand scheme of things, the Legion mobs aren’t that old.
That also bugged me for a while, idk why they didn’t update the old ones if they’re basically the same, they should also give it to the owl steeds and make their animations faster, it’s slow motion running makes me not use it
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Not sure when this began, as I don't use them very often, but the owl steeds (feathermane) have a very slow and floaty run now when you're mounted and they're following you. Rather than moving at normal run speed, they look to be moving in slow motion. This is exceptionally noticeable when riding any of the unicorn mounts, since those are basically the same animation.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

I agree, Just like I said above, it really bugs me on how slow they are, they also made the same procedures to the windsteed mount and winged guardian (not the same model and skeleton, but I’m including it). Pets like Warpstalkers, Saurolisks, and some pets with very slow animations are the pets i use the least, this is why I don’t even use my owlsteed at all
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Well, I intended to add all the new looks this afternoon, but making a thunderyak look (along with taking Polly to the vet) took up way more than I expected.

How does this look?

Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

That looks great, Wain, and I hope that Polly is doing alright :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks :) I hope so too. We'll see when the results come back. At 18, she's too old for surgery.

In addition to the Maw Roach, the Maw Roach Hatchling (171525) also comes in all 5 colours now. There's supposed to be a second Maw Roach Hatchling (172946) in a similar area of the Beastwarrens, but I can't find any to check them. Perhaps it's only up when a specific quest (or weekly hunt) is available.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

It is also possible that they do not exist anymore. Part of eastern Beastwarrens was taken out by adding Korthia.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:40 am It is also possible that they do not exist anymore. Part of eastern Beastwarrens was taken out by adding Korthia.
Ah :( Well the area they were in is still on the map, so I'm unsure.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Does anyone on the PTR have two accounts, or a friend on the PTR who could fly them, so that they could get a level 1 character to check out the Ram?
https://www.wowhead.com/npc=2098/ram

We need to determine its min. level range. It's newly tameable in 9.1, and is a level 1 critter in the live game, so its level is brand new too. I know its max level is 30, but its min. level will be either 5 or 10. A level 1-4 character who is safely flown to Loch Modan or the Wetlands should be able to check quickly.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

STUFF THAT HAS BEEN FIXED AND I'VE REMOVED FROM THE MAIN POST:

Family Ability Issues
  • The Pterrordax family are still missing their exotic ability -Updraft. They seem to be the only one still missing their exotic ability.
  • The main ability for Mammoths - Trample has a 6-second channel cast, during which time they do not do any dps. It should be recommended that their ability is an instant cast rather than a channel.

Pet Size
  • A bunch of NPCs that use the python model are unusually tiny once tamed.
  • Classic pterrordaxes are also reportedly a bit small.
Wrongly Classified: Should be Beasts
  • Agitated Tunneler (43031) is classed as an Elemental but should be a Beast
  • Feasting Gormling (163451) is classed as a Critter but should probably be a Beast (almost all of the others of this model are).
  • One version of Fluttering Glimmerfly (157962) is classed as a Critter but probably should be a Beast. It's the same level as beasts in the zone, is way too big for a critter, and there are several other moths with the same name that are beasts.
  • More of a suggestion, but make the Ram (2098) a Beast (and flag it tameable). It's currently a critter, even though it's a full-sized creature.
  • Scavenging Fleshwing (166519) is classed as undead but should be a Beast
Wrongly Classified: Other Stuff
  • The following creatures that use the Ranishu model in Maldraxxus should be Humanoids, not Beasts:
    • Marrow Scraper (169055)
    • Suckling Corpselouse (165551)
    • Peaceful Bloodlouse (162498)
    • Gluttonous Blood Tick (169575)
    • Sloughskin Nymph (169432)
    • Devouring Sloughskin (169433)
    • Sloughskin Larva (169431)
    • Clot Mite (165549)

Appearance bugs
    • Two charhound / fiery hellhound (hellhound.m2) appearances are bugged in the same way. It affects creature display IDs 52729 and 62977. The second texture for these two should be the belly flame texture (ID 511093 = hellhoundfireblue.blp), but instead they're set to the body texture (ID 511092 = hellhoundblue.blp), so the belly flames have bad/weird textures. One tameable NPC uses this appearance: Soulgorged Gravestalker (126263)

Suggested look additions:
    Alpacas
    • the "ivory" (pure white) skin is still unused. It could be added as an extra skin to the Alpaca Calf (124718). Note that there may have been some confusion when assigning the unused colours in 9.0: the one named "white" in the database seems to be actually a light beige or off-white, and is used all over the place. The missing one is a bit brighter.
    Tauralus ('giantbeast'):
    • Basic model: the green skin is missing (Bloodskin Tauralus used it on Beta but now uses the dark brown and the red skins). Suggest either a new rare, or it be added as a second colour to the Decrepit Tauralus (165336) - it's kind of fitting that the 'decrepit' one has the most sickly colours.
    • Armoured model: there's one missing colour - bronze-armoured white. Suggest it be added to the Ragerider Battlehorn or Battleforged Tauralus, unless you want to save it for a rare.
    • Saddled model: there's two unused/missing colours - saddled black and saddled dark red. Suggest they be added as extra colours for the Pack Tauralus , which is the only tameable saddled tauralus.

Spiders (new 'spider' model):
    • there's one colour missing: dark green with pink stripes skin. Suggest adding it as a second colour to Hive Eater Matriarch (168873) spiders (the already use the brighter green skin).

Ardenweald Toads:
    • there are two unused colours: orange/fawn and black/brown. I can't really make any good suggestions for these; the orange especially might deserve a rare.
    • one thing I noticed is that the Mystic Gulper in Ardenweald uses the old toad model, and maybe was never swapped when the new ardentoad was added. It could be given an unused colour or ardentoad.

Mawroaches
    • Only the basic blue mawroach colour seems to be used in the game and is tameable. All the unused colours can be seen here. There are so few mawroach NPCs I'm not sure what to recommend at this point. The second blue skin (blue with a darker body) could easily be added as second appearances to the Mawroach, Mawroach Hatchling, and other Mawroach Hatchling. Perhaps the other colours could too, unless you want to save them for other NPCs.

Rams:
    • The availability of the black ram skin relies on the Ram critter being turned into a Beast. This was done previously with the Gazelles, which had been classed as Critters before becoming tameable in Cata.

Teroclaws
    • The juvenile teroclaw blue and black and yellow-brown skins are unused, but I'm not sure what to do about them. They don't really fit the few NPCs that use this model that were added in this expansion. Maybe they could be added to the Teroclaw Chicks of Talador, since there are adults with those colours in the zone
    Maldraxxus / Death Chimaeras
    • Two saddled colours are still untameable: green and purple. Only suggestion is add them as extra colours to the Flayedwing Fleshripper, which is the only tameable saddled death chimaera.

Kunchong
    Black is unavailable, green is only unavailable through a once-off zone quest.
    • Black could be added as a second colour to to Dread Kunchong. (The colour is also used on Garalon but it's untameable because of the nature of the boss mechanic).
    • Green will hopefully be tameable if/when the instance taming issue is fixed and we can tame Raigonn. Otherwise it could be added as a second colour to Kunchong Destroyer.
    Fireflies Turtles:
    • The Gold & Magenta Stone Dragon Turtle look hasn't been found. It seems to be used by Elydorea but she hasn't been seen. Hopefully she'll be added, if she's not.
    • There are 6 "smoother shell" looks which I'm ignoring (3 colours on both spiked and basic models, see this link). I'm guessing only the looks with glowing patterns are wanted for Shadowlands, but the non-glow ones could be placed in Pandaria if that's the case. Otherwise, they could be added as extra looks to their glowing counterparts listed above.

Musken Cobras
    Pterrordaxes
    Two colours of pterrordax remain unavailable: Gorillas

Hyenas
    Saurolisks

Diemetradons
    Ankylodons
    Blood Ticks
    Albatrosses
    Nightsabers (new look)
    • The dark brown and light brown / fawn looks are still unused. If they're not going to be used on NPCs in Ardenweald (the cats there use the Legion model, which is monochrome and much blander), they may have to be used on new rares somewhere.

Thunder Lizards
    Saddled Clefthooves
    Outland Chimaeras
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I’ve cleaned up the original posts to remove everything that was fixed, highlight a couple of things that don’t seem to have been fixed right, and add some more things we missed the first time.

Does anyone see anything I missed?

Also, anyone know if the pet hit box issues are fixed in 9.1? From the OP:
Hit Box / Pet Range Issues
Some pterrordaxes (BfA model) stand unusually far back when they attack. Because of this their Stomp fails at hitting anything, because it's limited to 8 yards.
Same with at least some of the cloud serpents. Rei Lun and Azure Cloud Serpent have been reported as still doing this in Jan 2021.
Same with some dread ravens, such as Rukhmar (reported as still doing this in Jan 2021). Possibly also Rukhran and the Fel Ravens from Hellfire Citadel (carry over of BfA bug)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Hivax needs to be flagged as a Beast, Spider, and made tamable. The Boneweave Ambusher needs to be flagged as tamable. Otherwise, it looks great, Wain :D
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

On the PTR, Amethyst Guardian is still the only stone hound in Mogu'shan Vaults' first encounter that does not retain its name. The other three do, but not this one. Any time now, please!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 12:51 pm Hivax needs to be flagged as a Beast, Spider, and made tamable. The Boneweave Ambusher needs to be flagged as tamable. Otherwise, it looks great, Wain :D
Oops, I forgot those. I wanted to go find them and then forgot.
taywinnet
Realm: Sisters of Elune

Unread post by taywinnet »

Still no red fox, and I hate how much it bothers me. Or really, bothers my gnome. I'm so cross with Blizzard for teasing her with it in Dire Beast. If she'd never fought beside it, she wouldn't be so sad now. It's been hard to play her with this star-crossed-companion sort of vibe going on.
Dino
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Dino »

I have a suggestion idea.

I love the models of the Scavengers and Ticks that come from the between. But they're Aberrations. I know they use a previous skeleton (crawg and blood ticks).

I can see them as recolors in the Blood Beast family BUT I want to take this idea and build off of it. It would just be easy to add them in with tome of the Blood Beasts and be done with it. Lore wise though they don't really act like blood beasts and it would be a bit strange at first.

Aberrations are creatures of the in-between but it seems like intelligence is different among what lives there. They're creatures that appear unnatural or have different morphological appearances. (Also one of my favorite dungeons and dragons monster group).

If we do ever visit the in-between, it would be cool to have some more beast like aberrations to look at. A new family called Aberrations. The way we could learn the tame would be through a questline, tome (though it may not be called tome. could be something like scroll or something else), or secret puzzle quest. Aberrations would be a more broad term and newer types of models could be added that aren't classified as devourers but come from the in-between. Or it could unlock a few family classes, Devourer being just one. Devourers have Consuming Strike which could be a class ability, like a minor heal. Also think it would be cool to have them available to all hunter specs.

Not possible tames would include high intelligent Aberrations like:
Worldeaters/Goliaths that share the Famu model. These have a higher intelligence, can open their own portals, and have an un-natural strong hunger that's almost bottomless. Very dangerous lore wise.
Controller. Just like with the Famu model these are humanoid shape. They have high intelligence and are seen buffing other devourers.

Tameable ones:
Mites/Animites: they're the flying tick model. Group in small groups. Are seen on trees and around other devourer creatures. Could be that they're feeding off of anima that larger creatures don't consume.
Gorgers/Gluttons: model like the mount. They have some intelligence but not like Controllers and Worldeaters. Can make portals (or have been seen coming out). Are seen eating plants and anima from creatures.
Maulers/Scavengers: crawg model. Smaller devourers that are usually in smaller packs between 2-3.
Any new models that fit in the Devourer creature range.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Bugs:
- Putting a pet in the stable and pulling it out has a chance for it to suddenly lose health. You almost can't withdraw and summon a pet at full health. Half of my pets do this.
- Prototype Aquilion as the Animal Companion sometimes just doesn't move. It has to despawn and respawn to work again.

Suggestions:
- I won't give up begging to have Pink Elekk tameable. Make it so people who're smashed can tame them. "The elekk admires your drinking ability, and wishes to accompany you!", turns neutral, and lets you tame it.
- Island Expedition enemies, as long as they fit a current pet type, should be tameable. Rares, obviously, should retain their name.
- Korthian enemies, specifically Razorwings and Gromits, should be tameable. Razorwings could be an exotic addition to the feathermanes, while Gromits should probably be with the toads.
- Wild Wilderlings and Corpseflies should be tameable in the...wolf? and wasp families, respectively.
- Chickens as carrion birds. You know you want to. (Also includes those horrid bush chickens)