Shadowlands Pet Bugs & Suggestions

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Re: Shadowlands Pet Bugs & Suggestions

Unread post by worgpower »

I wish we can call or email blizzard rather than all the services which take time, I really wish it would only turn it’s head when someone or myself targets it, I hate all the states whenever I run with my pets, I can’t see my mammoth’s true glory if it’s head keeps turning, I really wish Blizz has a way to call them for suggestions and such, I did get racially offended from a random player in game for being who I am, and I tried reporting it to blizzard multiple times and still getting no responses or emails about the issue
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

Blizzard wont ever contact you back about any reports against players, as it is in their hands now.

Hoping for a fix on head turning soon.

Siggy under construction!

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

off topic, but the bigots have been especially bad recently. There's not a lot blizzard can get back to you on. Report for language and then put them on the ignore list. If you don't already have an addon like it, then I suggest Global Ignore List. It copies your ignore list across characters, let's you make notes, so you know if its worth maybe unignoring them later (eg: they had a broken macro that spammed chat instead of casting a spell). And it removes the cap.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I'm sorry to hear that, Worgpower :( I hope the person is taken care of, but as the others have said you are unlikely to hear from Blizzard directly on this matter. In cases like this it would be good if you could receive feedback, like a social media platform provides, but Blizzard just don't do that.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Yeah, alliance players seem to be more problematic, yesterday I got spat on for trying to farm badges in Korraks revenge, alliance players are more toxic to me than horde players
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

worgpower wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:24 am Yeah, alliance players seem to be more problematic, yesterday I got spat on for trying to farm badges in Korraks revenge, alliance players are more toxic to me than horde players
Pretty sure it's both sides...I used to be a horde player mainly but after harassment and other nasty issues I changed to ally. Right now tho, as I've been playing some horde alts, I've been seeing nasty shit on both sides of the field about equally.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

MaximumOverdrive wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:46 pm
worgpower wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:24 am Yeah, alliance players seem to be more problematic, yesterday I got spat on for trying to farm badges in Korraks revenge, alliance players are more toxic to me than horde players
Pretty sure it's both sides...I used to be a horde player mainly but after harassment and other nasty issues I changed to ally. Right now tho, as I've been playing some horde alts, I've been seeing nasty shit on both sides of the field about equally.
Yeah, I agree
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

At the risk of going even further off topic, I’m someone who doesn’t like pvp but plays it to earn pets and mounts when he has to, and plays both factions about evenly. My experience has been that neither faction is worse, but no matter what side I’m on there are always players complaining how much worse the other faction is (or, whining how much better at playing the other faction is and how much their own team is letting them down!). In truth, I think pvp attracts some of the ugliest people in the game and in any group there will be a few. There are plenty of decent people too, but I think the worst people tend to gravitate towards it because it gives them a semi-legit. pretext for being crappy to others.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I agree with you wain, nice wording, let’s get back to pet bugs and suggestions
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Back on topic, Mammoth and Crab's snare are still channeled, which results in a dps loss when used (especially on auto-cast). No other pet's snare is channeled. I suspect Crab's channeled snare is a bug that's just been ignored for a whole expansion, and Mammoth's data was copied over from Crab.

I didn't do any complex dps tests. Only on a dummy, with only pet damage/abilities. I started in survival, and did four trials (with snare off/on and with smack off/on). Smack did not effect auto-attack's damage significantly. Then in BM I did two trials, with snare off/on.
Auto-attack damage was ~40%-50% of normal, when channeled snare was on. The channel is up 60% of the time, so that's expected if autoattack is off during the channel.
Smack's damage was 50%-83% of normal, when channeled snare was on. Smack stops autocasting during the channel, but does increased damage if focus has pooled above 50. Not enough to make up for the channel time though.
I tried to compare the "basic" attack damage for blood beast and hound, but the non-channeled snares decide to auto-cast differently too. On most training dummies, they don't cast. (they do on the one that hits back, and they do on wild npcs) I spammed hound's snare manually on a dummy, and dps did not significantly change from when snare wasn't cast.

If this is a bug they're fine with leaving in for another expansion, I suggest a note on Crab and Mammoth's pages that their family abilities lower their dps when used. By default, snare's auto-cast is on, so I expect there will be some folks who get a cool new elephant they want to show off, but are confused why their dps has gone down.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I have to say something good from yesterday, all the chimaeras got their respective color! Woohoo! Anyway, I tamed marrowmaw in bastion yesterday, just to see that hes black and I didn’t know how long it would of taken, it was a bummer at the start, then I saw my wow finalizing and update last night, and when I logged on, I was happy they hotfixed it, so you can now remove those bug notes on the page
victorruan360
Realm: US-Stormrage

Unread post by victorruan360 »

On the same topic of death Chimaeras, "Satiated Sawtooth", which is a unique quest mob that spawns on Stabbing Wastes, Maldraxxus, does have at least two skins. It can spawn in the purple skin with or without horns. The Petopia page only shows the skin with horns, which is unique.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Awesome! Thanks :) I’ll fix it after work!
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Not sure if this is a bug and was why it was removed but few days ago while doing Bastion quests I came upon Kala at first she was friendly so I couldn't tame her that isn't the bug but I then had to do the quest Tough Love where we have to play with her to get some stick back. Before doing this quest Petopia said she was tamable and sure enough she was as I tamed her right away no problems, see picture yes this is the real Kala not another feathermane.

Now looking at the same pet it doesn't show her being tamable just the lookalikes did Blizzard do a change because she is a quest mob and hunters were taming her before others could do the quest if so I hope those like me who did tame her can keep her.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

victorruan360 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:24 pm On the same topic of death Chimaeras, "Satiated Sawtooth", which is a unique quest mob that spawns on Stabbing Wastes, Maldraxxus, does have at least two skins. It can spawn in the purple skin with or without horns. The Petopia page only shows the skin with horns, which is unique.
I can collaborate on this that there are indeed two versions of Satiated Sawtooth one with and one without horns I have tamed both.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

A lot of quest mobs are being made untamable due to the taming of them interfering with those doing the quests.
Tisera
Realm: Blade's Edge

Unread post by Tisera »

2020-11-30 23_37_27-Clipboard.png
2020-11-30 23_37_27-Clipboard.png (1.6 MiB) Viewed 7177 times
Anyone know why my pet turns green? Is this a bug?
Siliverin
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nazgrel, Nesingwary, Dalaran

Unread post by Siliverin »

I'm running into a bug where my Larions keep making their movement noise even when they are not moving. I tried different ones (colors) to no avail. and nothing is fixing it.
Sig by Kurenio!
Anansi wrote:But OJC is just Old Jumper Cliff, a cranky old crazy guy who hops around making grunting noises to scare away children and small animals. Not sure if he's tamable, probably not.
Siliverin
Credit to Seilahyn and Kurenio for the avatars
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Iowawolf wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:53 pm
I think I’m not understanding what bug you’re reporting here. You said she’s tameable and Petopia says she is too (and she keeps her name). So what’s the bug part? :)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Wain wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:19 pm
Iowawolf wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:53 pm
I think I’m not understanding what bug you’re reporting here. You said she’s tameable and Petopia says she is too (and she keeps her name). So what’s the bug part? :)
He is saying that the npc was tamable, but now isn’t.