Shadowlands beta screenshots

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Smyelmdar
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem/Kilrogg/Nagrand EU

Shadowlands beta screenshots

Unread post by Smyelmdar »

I hope it's okay that I make this thread, so we can share screenshots from the beta for those that are not in yet. :)
If there is something people would like to see, we can post it here.

I'll start by posting something I just saw in Orgrimmar. :o
I'm not sure if this is only in the beta, but I haven't seen it in the live game.

I'll be waiting on the highland, with its wonderful serenity.
Where the stars glow and the brooks flow, that's my way of life.
When the mountains on the highland, and the nature is surrounding me, when the wind blows, that's all I need.

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Re: Shadowlands beta screenshots

Unread post by Aleu »

That's on live right now. You can see them being marched around as well as conversations between some npcs and former banshee loyalists. ;3

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Smyelmdar
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Aleu wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:30 am That's on live right now. You can see them being marched around as well as conversations between some npcs and former banshee loyalists. ;3
I guess I'm not spending enough time in Orgrimmar. :shock:
But I guess we can still use this thread for beta screenshots, if that's something people want to see.

When the mountains on the highland, and the nature is surrounding me, when the wind blows, that's all I need.

Kaydia
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Kaydia »

Tame Beast and the Pet Utilities are now gained at level 5, along with Aspect of the Cheetah. Amusingly enough, Dungeon Finder also unlocks at this level, even though every character will still be in their starting zones, which are designed to last to level 10. As you can see, this also includes Pandaren on the Wandering Isle, even though they are still a neutral faction at that point.

Smyelmdar
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Kaydia wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:54 pm Tame Beast and the Pet Utilities are now gained at level 5, along with Aspect of the Cheetah. Amusingly enough, Dungeon Finder also unlocks at this level, even though every character will still be in their starting zones, which are designed to last to level 10. As you can see, this also includes Pandaren on the Wandering Isle, even though they are still a neutral faction at that point.

Pandaren probably won't be able to join if they try. It's the same for worgen and goblins when they're not out of their starting zone.

On another note, when I tried to create a pandaren on the beta, I could choose between an alliance or horde, and I would start at Exile's Reach. Couldn't even choose the original pandaren starting zone. I guess it's because of the server wipe? :shock:

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Smyelmdar wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:08 pmWhen I tried to create a Pandaren on the beta, I could choose between an alliance or horde, and I would start at Exile's Reach. Couldn't even choose the original Pandaren starting zone. :shock:
I want to know about this--does this mean we're losing the goblin, panda, and worgen starting zones?
Kaydia
Pet Finder

Unread post by Kaydia »

GormanGhaste wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:28 pm
Smyelmdar wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:08 pmWhen I tried to create a Pandaren on the beta, I could choose between an alliance or horde, and I would start at Exile's Reach. Couldn't even choose the original Pandaren starting zone. :shock:
I want to know about this--does this mean we're losing the goblin, panda, and worgen starting zones?
I chose Alliance and I was able to choose between Exile's Reach or The Wandering Isle. The Horde version of Exile's Reach is not in yet.

Your first character on the account MUST go to Exile's Reach. Subsequent characters can choose their starting zone. If the Pandaren was the first character you tried to make, then yes, it's going to force you into Exile's Reach.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Kaydia wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:34 pm
GormanGhaste wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:28 pm
I chose Alliance and I was able to choose between Exile's Reach or The Wandering Isle. The Horde version of Exile's Reach is not in yet.

Your first character on the account MUST go to Exile's Reach. Subsequent characters can choose their starting zone. If the Pandaren was the first character you tried to make, then yes, it's going to force you into Exile's Reach.
I love the concept of choosing zones at lvl 10 and exile’s reach in the beginning, but I don’t like how first time people/characters/accounts are forced to take exiles reach and BFA at lvl 10, they should have a choice, having choices make the game much better for them because what if they want to experience Azeroth or pandaria or what ever
Kaydia
Pet Finder

Unread post by Kaydia »

worgpower wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:49 pm
Kaydia wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:34 pm
GormanGhaste wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:28 pm I want to know about this--does this mean we're losing the goblin, panda, and worgen starting zones?

I love the concept of choosing zones at lvl 10 and exile’s reach in the beginning, but I don’t like how first time people/characters/accounts are forced to take exiles reach and BFA at lvl 10, they should have a choice, having choices make the game much better for them because what if they want to experience Azeroth or pandaria or what ever

Getting off topic, but...

I'd be much more comfortable with new players starting in BfA if they had some context as to why the factions were at war. Their first quest is "talk to your leader, to go Zandalar/Kul Tiras". It's like starting them 3 chapters into a book. If the scenarios and questlines for Darkshore/Teldrassil, Undercity, and Stormwind (Horde) were re-instated, it would be much less confusing for new players. Darkshore/Teldrassil without the Hippogryph mount, obviously. Imagine being a new player, choosing to play a Night Elf, and not going through that questline to understand why Tyrande is super p.o.'d.
Smyelmdar
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Kaydia wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:34 pm Your first character on the account MUST go to Exile's Reach. Subsequent characters can choose their starting zone. If the Pandaren was the first character you tried to make, then yes, it's going to force you into Exile's Reach.
Ah, that makes sense. After the wipe I haven't done the Exile's Reach quests again.

Smyelmdar
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

And just to stay on the topic. I'm really loving all these new tames. :)

Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Hey, that's not a mammoth!
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Smyelmdar
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Qraljar wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:25 pm Hey, that's not a mammoth!
Like Sphynx cats, perhaps this is a Sphynx mammoth? :lol:

Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

New ram walking animations were already observed on the new wild ram models, but they weren't on the mount before. They are now on the PTR. Including a new mountspecial.

Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

I really like that!
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Now if all the vanilla mounts can be replaced with that amazing texture update. :( Same with the horses.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Kaydia
Pet Finder

Unread post by Kaydia »

Beta and PTR without the Cloud Serpent taming book and 0 Cloud Serpent rep, just now. Muffinus, you're an angel. Thank you.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_081220_184116.jpg
WoWScrnShot_081220_184116.jpg (333.97 KiB) Viewed 17781 times
WoWScrnShot_081220_185958.jpg
WoWScrnShot_081220_185958.jpg (520.81 KiB) Viewed 17781 times
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I can also confirm that while most characters can no longer tame the undead beasts, Forsaken hunters have the ability innately!
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Vephriel wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:17 pm I can also confirm that while most characters can no longer tame the undead beasts, Forsaken hunters have the ability innately!
I hope maldraxxus beasts won’t require the tome, but if they do, I will understand why
Boven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

Among the beasts I've tamed in the beta are these two fellows. I know it's silly, but once I learned alpacas were tameable, I figured I'd have to name a pair after the Llamas With Hats characters: