Am I missing something, or is this shaping up to be the first expansion with no new families?

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Byne
Realm: Azjol-Nerub US

Am I missing something, or is this shaping up to be the first expansion with no new families?

Unread post by Byne »

Closest thing we get is Quilen renamed.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Re: Am I missing something, or is this shaping up to be the first expansion with no new families?

Unread post by worgpower »

Well I was about to ask, but I remember in BFA families were only added later in beta, so it might be the same, shadowlands is still in early beta so don’t worry too much, we’ll eventually get new families, from new beasts and old world beasts that were previously untameable
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Am I missing something, or is this shaping up to be the first expansion with no new families?

Unread post by Valnaaros »

They usually do not work on new families until later on in Beta, usually around the time of the taming pass. We probably have another month or so before we see it.
Muffinus
Blizzard Representative
Blizzard Representative
Realm: Tichondrius

Unread post by Muffinus »

Patience, all good things in time.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

A wild blue appears! Can't wait to see whats coming up!
Bambu
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo/Eitrigg

Unread post by Bambu »

Muffinus wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:48 am Patience, all good things in time.
Off-topic but, I love and appreciate you. Thank you for your hard work. Treat yourself to something nice, you deserve it! ^_^
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

I'm soooo excited!!

Padwarle
Realm: Kirin Tor

Unread post by Padwarle »

Looks like Camels, Mammoths, and Coursers according to Wowhead.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Padwarle wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:30 pm Looks like Camels, Mammoths, and Coursers according to Wowhead.

Yep! Just noticed and posted about it over on the new beast thread :)
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Hmh, so for now I guess that's a no on Cloud Serpents and Brutosaurs?

I feel like Mammoth could've been something more broad for the sake of adding Elekks in. Camel seems.. kinda specific, too?

Gruffhorn is a curious one. Wonder what they want to add into that.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

*leans forward*

Expectantly waiting to see what they do with Aqiri and Carapid!
LamerGamer44
Realm: Blackrock

Unread post by LamerGamer44 »

Qraljar wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:31 pm Hmh, so for now I guess that's a no on Cloud Serpents and Brutosaurs?

I feel like Mammoth could've been something more broad for the sake of adding Elekks in. Camel seems.. kinda specific, too?

Gruffhorn is a curious one. Wonder what they want to add into that.
Ask and ye shall (partially) recieve. It looks like Cloud Serpents and Undead pets are going to be tome unlocks. Even Kuchong's got added.
Bambu
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo/Eitrigg

Unread post by Bambu »

Cloud Serpents and Kuchong finally. Praise the muffin man! ^_^
Zulmalakhan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Defias Brotherhood

Unread post by Zulmalakhan »

Latest information from Wowhead says that we also get the long requested snake models for serpents, also Giraffes, there was a guy/girl around here who wanted these for a long time if I recall :

"Many families received more species from past expansions. Here are some of the highlights!

Gruffhorn include rams such as Alterac Ram and Stolen Ram.
Shale Beast now includes Gyreworms from Cataclysm.
Hound now includes Hellhounds.
Aqiri now includes Kunchongs from Mists and Aqir Goliaths from 8.3.
Stag now includes Giraffes from Azeroth.
Spider now includes demon spiders from Legion like Venomous Spiderling.
Boar now includes pigs from BFA like Fallhaven Pig.
Serpent now includes snakes like Fanged Pit Viper. "
Darknez

Realm: Bloodhoof - EU, Hellscream - EU

Unread post by Darknez »

So exciting...
I'm hoping the "undead beasts" includes ones that exist outside of Shadowlands too - that opens up a huge multi-world of potential new pets :O
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Darknez wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:24 pm So exciting...
I'm hoping the "undead beasts" includes ones that exist outside of Shadowlands too - that opens up a huge multi-world of potential new pets :O
It does, most of the undead “beasts” were tameable in beta, like undead devilsaurs, fossilized wind serpents, hellhounds, and even gluth is tameable
Darknez

Unread post by Darknez »

worgpower wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:33 pm It does, most of the undead “beasts” were tameable in beta, like undead devilsaurs, fossilized wind serpents, hellhounds, and even gluth is tameable
"were" tameable? They are not now, or just because they require that book to learn first?
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Darknez wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:55 am
worgpower wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:33 pm It does, most of the undead “beasts” were tameable in beta, like undead devilsaurs, fossilized wind serpents, hellhounds, and even gluth is tameable
"were" tameable? They are not now, or just because they require that book to learn first?
You can tame them in prepatch if you have a forsaken hunter, but the rest of the people need a tome from maldraxxus, source still unknown
Darknez

Unread post by Darknez »

Ah, thanks for the clarification 🤪 might have to level my forsaken now
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

worgpower wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:43 am
Darknez wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:55 am
You can tame them in prepatch if you have a forsaken hunter, but the rest of the people need a tome from maldraxxus, source still unknown
What is the source for this claim, by the way?
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!