Undead That Could Be Beasts But Aren't (Yet?)

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Kaydia
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Undead That Could Be Beasts But Aren't (Yet?)

Unread post by Kaydia »

erictks123 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:12 am Undead hunter able to tame undead beast in pre patch ?
Yes, in the same way that Pandaren can innately tame Cloud Serpents and Gnomes, Mechagnomes, and Goblins can came Mechanicals. The Pandaren ability is also coming in Pre-patch.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Another semi-stretch:
In Icecrown, the three Death Knights have their horses. All three of those horses are listed as 'Undead'. However, they are also listed as <name's> steed, which, while not *definitively* a 'companion creature' or 'summoned creature', might put them into that category (we've had several tameables that were mounts and such so I wouldn't count them out 100%):

https://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=31163/icefury
https://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=31220/plaguehoof
https://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=31224/icefury

I don't know about you, but I'd *love* a pet Death Knight Courser!
Come see Kurasu's stables!
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

I know they are still working hard and strong on those bug fixes, but I think they didn’t realize that undead horses are an easy fit for coursers in this patch/xpac
1. There’s the new courser family
2. There’s the undead skill pets
Even if pets are not they’re first priority, I feel like they should still check on what should be tameable, like skeletal horses, I’ve been begging forever since the undead became tameable, and the instance mobs are still bugged, but most importantly, I am happy that shadowlands will come out smooth and fun as said
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I personally would prefer that things that are iconic to a class should be left alone. Warlock demons, Death Knight steeds, Monk celestials, Paladin mounts, etc. It isn't as though we are getting something of theirs and they are getting something of ours - we're just taking something that has been an iconic part of their class and making it ours, too.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Valnaaros wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:47 pm I personally would prefer that things that are iconic to a class should be left alone. Warlock demons, Death Knight steeds, Monk celestials, Paladin mounts, etc. It isn't as though we are getting something of theirs and they are getting something of ours - we're just taking something that has been an iconic part of their class and making it ours, too.
That’s what I’m thinking, the saddled horses don’t look like they would be worth it, we have a tameable felsteed which I’m going for tomorrow, and skeletal horses are not class specific, they can be used by forsaken so they’d be a perfect pet for forsaken hunters