Exotic Beasts moved to level 39 (~ 98-99!)

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Re: Exotic Beasts moved to level 39 (~ 98-99!)

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

They need to highly reconsider this level change. The change back to 65 was bad enough (I suddenly had leveling hunters who could no longer use their pets), but this is way worse. Exotic beasts are a core part of the spec and that is a redonk wait for it. If the abilities are the issue, then maybe lock those down for a while until a certain level. I remember when you could tame the Kurken at level 10, and it didn't have it's exotic ability until sometime later (ancient hysteria). They put in all these low level exotics that are great for leveling hunters, but it becomes moot with the horrible level change.

Also Tome of Hybrid Beasts should either be account-wide or a much lower level to use, maybe 10 too.

I'd leave a comment on the official forums but I don't have beta.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

As I posted on the forums, I'd much rather they just remove Exotic Beasts. At this point, there's no real point for them, and lorewise, it makes zero sense. What makes BM so special they can bond with a worm that a survival hunter couldn't? Or why that pet would suddenly not show up because you change to a melee weapon.

I'd much rather they just give every pet 2 abilities for BM, or even just the current Exotic Pets retain a 2nd skill, but allow everyone to tame them.

Exotic Beasts is completely out of date. The current level 39 would be 100% okay if all it did was add an extra skill to pets.

If they don't do something like this, they NEED to lower the level.
Bambu
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo/Eitrigg

Unread post by Bambu »

Added my voice to the forum thread. Hope something is done. >_<
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

The problem is that reporting this as a bug helps delegitimize *actual* bug reports from people.
I agree that it needs to be changed, but it's not a bug; it's a change. A bad one, and one that needs correcting, but not a bug.
Don't 'report it as a bug daily'. Make your voice heard in the threads and make them hear the reasons behind it, as well as the voices for it.
Leave bug reporting for bugs on the PTR/Beta.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Noguchi
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Twisting Nether

Unread post by Noguchi »

Im a bit of a noob to all of this stuff you are all talking about but as i use toons that are of the BM spec what exactly is this changing? Is it just a level of when it can be tamed or will we need specific skills/items to tame them (kind of like the dino's). And how will this all affect our current roster of pets?
Lee
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Moonguard | Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Lee »

Noguchi wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:31 pm Im a bit of a noob to all of this stuff you are all talking about but as i use toons that are of the BM spec what exactly is this changing? Is it just a level of when it can be tamed or will we need specific skills/items to tame them (kind of like the dino's). And how will this all affect our current roster of pets?
It's both the level of when it is tamed and also when you can use it.

So for example, if you currently have an alt at level... 80, let's say, who has tamed a devilsaur or a spirit beast, the squish will suddenly make you unable to summon it until you gain more levels.
Noguchi
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Twisting Nether

Unread post by Noguchi »

Lee wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:54 pm
Noguchi wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:31 pm Im a bit of a noob to all of this stuff you are all talking about but as i use toons that are of the BM spec what exactly is this changing? Is it just a level of when it can be tamed or will we need specific skills/items to tame them (kind of like the dino's). And how will this all affect our current roster of pets?
It's both the level of when it is tamed and also when you can use it.

So for example, if you currently have an alt at level... 80, let's say, who has tamed a devilsaur or a spirit beast, the squish will suddenly make you unable to summon it until you gain more levels.
Oh man, that is going to suck....