New Void Elf Character features

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

New Void Elf Character features

Unread post by Sigrah »

He's a sample of how Void Elves look with normal, non-void based skin tones and eye colors. The pic on the left is my Void Elf Hunter on Live, and the pic on the right is a sample look from the PTR. Hope it helps :)
Attachments
Velvetpaw (Live vs PTR).png
Velvetpaw (Live vs PTR).png (2.19 MiB) Viewed 11307 times
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Re: New Void Elf Character features

Unread post by Quiv »

I'm thrilled with the Void Elf updates, my main is one. Hopefully they soon consider more blood elf hair/hair colors when they update Allied races more later on.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Yep. I already change dit on the PTR, and I'll change it on live.

I didn't mind being a blueberry, but honestly if given the choice, I'll make my character a High Elf Hunter. I just need to figure out a new mog. (Will probably mog the Night Fae gear eventually)

Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Myzou wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:08 am Yep. I already change dit on the PTR, and I'll change it on live.

I didn't mind being a blueberry, but honestly if given the choice, I'll make my character a High Elf Hunter. I just need to figure out a new mog. (Will probably mog the Night Fae gear eventually)

If you don't mind full sets, the Legion S1 Alliance set is pretty much perfect for a High Elf.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Qraljar wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:27 am
Myzou wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:08 am Yep. I already change dit on the PTR, and I'll change it on live.

If you don't mind full sets, the Legion S1 Alliance set is pretty much perfect for a High Elf.
Tried it on the PTR. Not liking it with my purple hair, but it looks good with matching hair. Only issue I have is for the bow, the quiver is amazing but the actual bow it's locked to is terrible. :/

Wish they'd just make Quivers a cape transmog.

And for anyone curious, the base race customizations are insane. You can go in one way and come out looking completely like a new character. For instance, my mage:

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Myzou wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:41 amAnd for anyone curious, the base race customizations are insane. You can go in one way and come out looking completely like a new character. For instance, my mage:
I'm very happy with my blueberry void elf, but my humans are definitely getting total makeovers!
Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Sigrah »

I'm just happy my void elf will have normal flesh tones to choose from. It'll really help me to know when Entropic Embrace goes off, and show a genuine contrast instead of being so similar. I just hope the Blood Elves get the hair styles Void Elves have, minus the void tinges and colors of course. I just really like the hair style my Void Elf currently has on that Hunter.
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

So, quick question. Has bliz said anything about the allied races getting some of the features from the base races any time soon?

My main is a void elf and I would love to give her some of the options that the blood elves have (hair, ear size, etc).

But if there has been no word on that I may be race changing her to a worgen or night elf, as they have so many fun options right now, void elf seems left behind.
Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Sigrah »

Shade wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:07 pm So, quick question. Has bliz said anything about the allied races getting some of the features from the base races any time soon?

My main is a void elf and I would love to give her some of the options that the blood elves have (hair, ear size, etc).

But if there has been no word on that I may be race changing her to a worgen or night elf, as they have so many fun options right now, void elf seems left behind.
For the most part, most allied races aren't getting many new appearances like hairdos, faces, etc. For the most part, Void Elves are the only ones getting any large amount of new appearances, mostly in new skin colors and eye colors, while the rest of the allied races are getting little to nothing new appearance wise.

Personally I'd love to see Void Elves and Dark Iron Dwarves get access to the hair styles of base races, but it might be awhile before we see them, if at all. Only time will tell.
Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

Allied races will be adjusted more later into the expansion. Hopefully they don't do a whole lot more in the way of cross over customizations. I want to see the various groups keep unique flavors.