Timewalk/Chromie Levelling is INSANE

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Timewalk/Chromie Levelling is INSANE

Unread post by Quiv »

I'm an altoholic, I'll admit. I had a bunch of toons sitting at 110* that now got squished to 45, so I decided to pull them out. 5 levels shouldn't be bad, right?

First up was my mage. I did in Chrome Time Warlords of Draenor. I started directly in Spires of Arak for the building that gives 20% XP (I had completed a lot of the earlier zones in WoD previously). With full rested, full heirlooms, no war mode, no xp potion, I hit 45 with 2 storylines left in the zone.

I then brought out SPriest, but chose Cataclysm. I figured I would have to do the upper level Cata zones, like Hyjal. But after flying around, I noticed Redridge was scaled to me. I knew the upper level zones like Hyjal had minimal levels "floors" before you could to start them (i think level 30), but I also thought the lower level zones had max level ceilings. THEY DONT. Is that intended??

I hope so because a level 45, a character with a nearly full toolkit and flying, leveling in Redridge is a breeze. The zone and quest design is made for low level characters on foot, so quests are grouped together, objectives are within running distance, rares are everywhere in old zones, and mobs are just simple and have near 100% drop rate on quest items. I am about 2/3 through Redridge question and I've hit 48. I doubt I'll hit 50 here, but as quickly as I've been able to blast through the simple content and level just the same, its insane.

For someone who has done leveling over and over and over, this is such a breath of fresh air, I just hope its intended. I have many others on my list!

Edit: correct level, my old 110 got squished to 45.
Last edited by Quiv on Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Re: Timewalk/Chromie Levelling is INSANE

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Oh that sounds great, because I still have a few classes I need to level up for order hall stuff.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

I started my Tauren Paladin in Draenor. Also did the Legion Intro and all 3 Artifact quests (cause I need the stupid Order Hall Class Mount Glyphs).

She hit 40 finishing up Frostfire Ridge and a few dungeons. Will probably grind the rest via dungeon as she needs the Thunder Bluff rep, lol.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Its so good, it almost feels wrong. I have finally gotten so many of my characters that were lingering in the old 100-110 range up to current max.
Kardinal
Realm: Aerie Peak

Unread post by Kardinal »

Quiv, we keep hearing that other expansions are the fastest levelling, but you're saying Redridge is because of flying?
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Maizou wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:00 am I started my Tauren Paladin in Draenor. Also did the Legion Intro and all 3 Artifact quests (cause I need the stupid Order Hall Class Mount Glyphs).

She hit 40 finishing up Frostfire Ridge and a few dungeons. Will probably grind the rest via dungeon as she needs the Thunder Bluff rep, lol.
The traits for artifacts retired on BFA so I was able to get the class mount without needing to get the other weapons, it just requires to complete the achievements and have resources, so don’t obtain 3 weapons
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

worgpower wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:05 pm
Maizou wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:00 am I started my Tauren Paladin in Draenor. Also did the Legion Intro and all 3 Artifact quests (cause I need the stupid Order Hall Class Mount Glyphs).

The traits for artifacts retired on BFA so I was able to get the class mount without needing to get the other weapons, it just requires to complete the achievements and have resources, so don’t obtain 3 weapons
The Glyphs, not the mounts. :P And I did all 3 artifacts cause I can't just do one. Lol. It's all or nothing.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Kardinal wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:48 pm Quiv, we keep hearing that other expansions are the fastest levelling, but you're saying Redridge is because of flying?
Oh I can't speak to the absolute fastest, didn't mean to come across that way. I was just expressing how low level zones like Redridge felt really fast for me because of how they are designed to be done on foot, and things like flying and a full character toolkit make it that much better. If nothing else, its sooooo much faster than it was before due to the sheer amount of options you have. I like to experiment with different zones at different level brackets and sees what feels good to me.

If speedleveling is your interest, I would definitely look into the pros for that, like DesMephisto or Azeorth Auto Pilot addon.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

I will add this about using early zones to level high level characters: the gear is not budgeted very well. The ilvl is appropriate for your character level, but the stat budget seems lacking since the quests were designed for low levels. Often you'll find stuff with no secondary stats, or just lower stats overall than equivalent ilvl pieces from other zones traditionally designed for higher level characters. This results in a weaker character, though if you're wearing heirlooms, the impact is much less. Also with the squish, I don't know how much it even matters in the end. It still feels super fast for me personally, but theres pros and cons.