Killclaw learns Survival of the Fittest early?

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Killclaw learns Survival of the Fittest early?

Unread post by Rikaku »

So I made a new Hunter for fun and leveled through Exile's Reach. Like a bunch of others, I decided to tame Killclaw the Terrible while I was leveling there. I noticed soon as I tamed him, he came with the ability "Survival of the Fittest" (the extra defensive cooldown for Tenacity). At first I didn't think much of it, because I'm used to my level capped Hunters lol

But I did find it weird that my Bird of Prey (Cunning) that I had to tame earlier on the Island (around level 5 I wanna say?) didn't come with Master's Call then. Likewise, since I leveled a Human Hunter, the wolf I had to tame didn't come with Primal Rage. Either way, I just kept using Killclaw like no biggie.

Tonight I hit 21 and I decided to check my spellbook. I thought it was so weird that even my level 21 Ferocity Courser nor my 21 Parrot knew their spec special skills, but Killclaw did. That's when I noticed something in the spellbook. Apparently these abilities are tied to "Command Pet" which you learn at level 22.
CommandPet_2.jpg
CommandPet_2.jpg (67.87 KiB) Viewed 3164 times
I took a screenshot and it clearly shows that all 3 abilities (Survival of the Fittest, Primal Rage and Master's Call) as unlocked with Command Pet at level 22.

But here's my level 21 Killclaw (just to show that he is, in fact, under level 22 even though I tamed him and he came with this skill).
CommandPet_1.jpg
CommandPet_1.jpg (63.11 KiB) Viewed 3164 times
And a screenshot of my Pet Spellbook which does show Killclaw has SotF active.
CommandPet_3.jpg
CommandPet_3.jpg (96.92 KiB) Viewed 3164 times
I haven't checked other Tenacity pets, but is this something known/intended with Killclaw? Or is there something else weird? Just curious what others thought lol

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Re: Killclaw learns Survival of the Fittest early?

Unread post by Rikaku »

So I just hit 22 and it did act like I didn't have SotF yet. It threw another copy of SotF on my hotbars lol

Oddly enough though, when I hit 22 it said I learned "Command Pet". However, my Ferocity pet still doesn't know Primal Rage. And if I try to use the Command Pet button while a Ferocity pet is out, it shows as "You can't do that yet". Same thing with the Cunning Bird of Prey, it doesn't know Master's Call and I get the same error.

So maybe Killclaw doesn't learn SotF early, maybe just all Tenacity pets learn it early? But if that's the case, then I don't know why Command Pet to learn SotF is showing as requiring level 22 (and acting like I re-learned it when I hit 22).

Maybe I'm missing something and someone smarter than me already knows this and knows what's up XD But to quote the Nightborne here "Something's not quite right."