GargonTraining Manual

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Kojjiro
Realm: Suramar

GargonTraining Manual

Unread post by Kojjiro »

Got the Gargon Training Manual today...lvl 58 undead hunter, but it won't let me learn the book....help?

Did I miss something?
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: GargonTraining Manual

Unread post by Vephriel »

This is just a guess, but I wonder if it might have a hidden level 60 requirement, I've noticed a lot of the rare-drop mounts do even though there's no text saying so on the items.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

I’ve got the ardenweald toad mount from joining a group of players to get it, I am level 57, and it never let me learn it, so I assume it’s lvl 60, I’ve never expected to get it this early on, it made my night, it also sells for a hefty price of 2,500g, if I can repeatedly farm it, I can prolly make lots of gold, and I’ll probably just get to 60 before earning the manual
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I've asked on Twitter for more data:
https://twitter.com/wowpetopia/status/1 ... 0458039296

But so far it looks likely the manual has a hidden level 60 requirement. That definitely needs to be added to the tooltip. Or preferably the requirement removed so hunters can tame gargons while the zone is current for them.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
DragonHeart
Realm: Eitrigg

Unread post by DragonHeart »

Wain wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:09 am I've asked on Twitter for more data:
https://twitter.com/wowpetopia/status/1 ... 0458039296

But so far it looks likely the manual has a hidden level 60 requirement. That definitely needs to be added to the tooltip. Or preferably the requirement removed so hunters can tame gargons while the zone is current for them.
If lvl 60 is the hidden req. needed your best bet is to lvl to 60 via side quests and dungeons and leave the camp. alone in Revendreth because of phasing.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I also looted the tome, it wouldn’t let me learn it, why blizzard, why
DragonHeart

I can confirm that you have to wait until lvl 60 to use the book.
DragonHeart

I can confirm that you have to wait until lvl 60 to use the book. :cry: I am so sorry to be the bearer of bad/sad news :cry:
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I ran into same problem, although thought it was a nice touch that you can tame both of his saddle gargon pets Reza and Geza!
Siliverin
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nazgrel, Nesingwary, Dalaran

Unread post by Siliverin »

Quiv wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:25 pm I ran into same problem, although thought it was a nice touch that you can tame both of his saddle gargon pets Reza and Geza!
Are they? last I had seen it said they were not tamable
Sig by Kurenio!
Anansi wrote:But OJC is just Old Jumper Cliff, a cranky old crazy guy who hops around making grunting noises to scare away children and small animals. Not sure if he's tamable, probably not.
Siliverin
Credit to Seilahyn and Kurenio for the avatars
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Siliverin wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:28 am
Quiv wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:25 pm I ran into same problem, although thought it was a nice touch that you can tame both of his saddle gargon pets Reza and Geza!
Are they? last I had seen it said they were not tamable
Yes, but you have to kill Huntsman Petrus first before they become tamable.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Ran into very strange spawning behaviour today when I decided to camp for this tome.

His pets and him were spawning independently of each other. So only one hound would be up, then maybe half an hour later he finally spawned in, and then after they were both dead the second hound spawned by itself like another half hour later (these times are super guesstimates).

But, I was able to wait for him to spawn, kill him while keeping the one hound ice trapped, looted and learned the tome, then quickly tamed it right afterward.

Unfortunately if you find a hound spawned alone you can't tame it, even if you have the tome learned, because it doesn't count as having killed him first. You'd have to wait until the Huntmaster spawns, then kill him, THEN the hound is "unlocked".
Darknez

Realm: Bloodhoof - EU, Hellscream - EU

Unread post by Darknez »

worgpower wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:01 pm I’ve got the ardenweald toad mount from joining a group of players to get it, I am level 57, and it never let me learn it, so I assume it’s lvl 60, I’ve never expected to get it this early on, it made my night, it also sells for a hefty price of 2,500g, if I can repeatedly farm it, I can prolly make lots of gold, and I’ll probably just get to 60 before earning the manual
Believe they changed it to 25g now.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Darknez wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:17 am
worgpower wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:01 pm I’ve got the ardenweald toad mount from joining a group of players to get it, I am level 57, and it never let me learn it, so I assume it’s lvl 60, I’ve never expected to get it this early on, it made my night, it also sells for a hefty price of 2,500g, if I can repeatedly farm it, I can prolly make lots of gold, and I’ll probably just get to 60 before earning the manual
Believe they changed it to 25g now.
They changed it right as I said on the forums