Shadow Croaker? Confirm his level?

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Shadow Croaker? Confirm his level?

Unread post by Shade »

Site has him listed as scaling between 50-60. I am level 56. Have found him twice now, both times in an area that is the same level as me, but he was 60

Feel like I just wasted an hour hunting him for nothing. Can anyone confirms that he scales?
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Re: Shadow Croaker? Confirm his level?

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Looks like wowhead comments have it at level 60. I'll flag this for Wain.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I'm starting to suspect he's 60 as well.

I found him a couple days ago while I was only 57 or so, and he was 60, wasted about 2 hours of hunting. :lol: I thought it might have been because he was sitting in the level 60 area of Ardenweald, but when I went to tame him today he was 60 again so...I'm leaning toward him being 60.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Fixed. Thanks! I'm not sure what happened there. Whether that was originally its level, or if it was a copy-paste from another NPC.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Windwolf
Realm: Agamaggan

Unread post by Windwolf »

I cannot, for the life of me, find him. I went to all the known locations but nothing at all. I know he's practically invisible and you need the flare. I got track hidden on too. I use the flare and keep my distance but nothing. There different locations but he spawns only in one of those spots I heard....I really want this guy. Any suggestions or tips?
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Windwolf wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:03 pm I cannot, for the life of me, find him. I went to all the known locations but nothing at all. I know he's practically invisible and you need the flare. I got track hidden on too. I use the flare and keep my distance but nothing. There different locations but he spawns only in one of those spots I heard....I really want this guy. Any suggestions or tips?
It's really a matter of luck almost because so far he has almost 20 known locations and there's probably a lot more, it's a game of patience and luck. x_x One day it took me about 2 hours to find him, another day I got lucky and found him after only 3 spots. Track Hidden and slowly checking along the entire perimeter of the zone, as well as all the water/river areas, is the best you can do, there's no shortcut for him, unless you want to wait until flying comes out, then it will be less harrowing to travel that much.