Anyone else wish Mistfeathers were tameable?

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Anyone else wish Mistfeathers were tameable?

Unread post by Maizou »

This is probably the first time I've fallen in love with one of the "beast" models in game. Yes, they're classified as Dragonkin, but like Cloud Serpents, they don't show much sentience, if any.

They're also much more beast like than other dragons. I was sad to see these and find they weren't beasts/tameable.

Anyone else hope they become tameable later on?
Siliverin
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nazgrel, Nesingwary, Dalaran

Re: Anyone else wish Mistfeathers were tameable?

Unread post by Siliverin »

I would love if they did
Sig by Kurenio!
Anansi wrote:But OJC is just Old Jumper Cliff, a cranky old crazy guy who hops around making grunting noises to scare away children and small animals. Not sure if he's tamable, probably not.
Siliverin
Credit to Seilahyn and Kurenio for the avatars
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

They indeed would make great feathermanes since they are very similar to hippogryphs but it’s dragon mixed instead of horse and stag, but another creature has to become tameable, soul eaters aka undead balrog dragons, anyway we still need both of them, I did see many dragons that are not sentient, like cloud serpents which are dragons, can’t change my view on those beasts, blizzard, we need more dragonlike pets, cloud serpents are not enough
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Oh I would sooo love it but yeah they are dragonkin so no hope unfortunately. At least we can have them as mounts.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Heh, a store mount, if it was earned in game, it would be an awesome wow mount
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

They are really gorgeous :) It's unlikely true dragonkin will ever become tameable, butif they are beast-level intelligence (I'm actually uncertain how smart these ones are?) then who knows in the future?
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valariel
Realm: Alleria

Unread post by Valariel »

worgpower wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:45 pm Heh, a store mount, if it was earned in game, it would be an awesome wow mount
Every store mount is an ingame mount. And more easy to effort than that 1.000.000g spider or longboi -
Buy WoW-Token from the ah and turn it into real-money on your blizzard-account - for a 25$ mount i believe you need 2 tokens
samll

Unread post by samll »

This is probably the first time I've fallen in love with one of the "beast" models in-game. You can get instant cash out at https://directloantransfer.com/instant-cash/ Make sure to follow the tutorial Yes, they're classified as Dragonkin, but like Cloud Serpents, they don't show much sentience, if any.

They're also much more beast like than other dragons. I was sad to see these and find they weren't beasts/tameable.

Anyone else hope they become tameable later on?
I think that they could add the possibility to tame just everyone in next expension
Last edited by samll on Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

i was thinking the same thing. they certainly seem much more beast-like. i haven't encountered any that talk yet (though talking animals have not stopped hunters in the past) and they do not seem to have their own flight like most dragons do. they don't even look *that* much like dragons- almost more like something in the gryphon/hippogryph family. maybe someday they will get added.

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

SylviaDragon wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:38 am i was thinking the same thing. they certainly seem much more beast-like. i haven't encountered any that talk yet (though talking animals have not stopped hunters in the past) and they do not seem to have their own flight like most dragons do. they don't even look *that* much like dragons- almost more like something in the gryphon/hippogryph family. maybe someday they will get added.
To add to this, one of the Soulshape forms are the Mistfeathers.

Every other Soulshape is a type of beast, so I assume Blizzard classifies them as beasts to a degree.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

They should be feathermanes, half bird, half dragon, hippogryphs and gryphons are related to dragons but have lower intelligence, I was hoping to see a dragonlike creature covered in feathers and I hope it will be tameable to make my dreams come true