Necrolord friendly taming (Patched)

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Pokcmvmxckm
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Sen'jin NA

Necrolord friendly taming (Patched)

Unread post by Pokcmvmxckm »

To start, I'm a Necrolord, and I was messing about with some of the Abomination factory items, one of these is the https://www.wowhead.com/spell=331404/construct-disguise. I was testing it in Maldraxxus when I made an interesting discovery, it makes you hostile to normally friendly mobs while making you neutral or friendly with hostile mobs. Its intended use is to allow entry into a normally very hostile part of Maldraxxus in the North west part. However, Its also usable outside of Maldraxxus, I was able to use it in Bastion and in the maw. There is a draw back however, as soon as you enter combat you lose the buff. I'm wondering if there is a work around for taming outside of combat as there are a few friendly mobs that are flagged as tamable and this could be used in a fashion similar to the Sliver of N'zoth. Will update with any further testing I do.

Edit; I did it! You need to use a minion to remain in combat with another mob then use the Disguise, trap the mob you want to tame then tame! I used https://www.wowhead.com/item=183811/con ... est-friend but I imagine any of the Abominations will work, will test further! I successfully tamed https://www.wowhead.com/npc=158768/obedient-phalynx at 75, 54 in Bastion!

Edit 2; Tried to tame https://www.wowhead.com/npc=165808/lord-renard and the other Red foxes around him, they cannot be attacked.

Edit 3; I want to try to tame https://www.wowhead.com/npc=159760/broken-automaton but Idk where they are, will post when I find them. I recall seeing them as part of a WQ at some point, would appreciate additional help and information.

Edit 4; Sundancer is not tameable, same as Lord Renard.

Edit 5; It works in Org. If anyone knows of any friendly beasts that are flagged as tameable from past X-packs, let me know, try to push this to its limit lmao
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_010621_024127.jpg
WoWScrnShot_010621_024127.jpg (2.44 MiB) Viewed 5583 times
Last edited by Pokcmvmxckm on Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:49 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Necrolord friendly taming

Unread post by Valnaaros »

That is a very interesting find! I am curious whether or not this will be allowed in or fixed, seeing as that unlike the Sliver, this can only be used by a specific covenant. Still very interesting :)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Apparently this can be used in dungeons and raids too, which would allow for trash to be skipped.
Pokcmvmxckm
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Yea odds are it will get patched, hoping it will stay in long enough for me to find the Broken Automaton so I can tame a punchy robot.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Pokcmvmxckm wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:11 am Yea odds are it will get patched, hoping it will stay in long enough for me to find the Broken Automaton so I can tame a punchy robot.
As far as I know, that was never added. That beta build that it was added in was the main NPC build for the Beta, which includes many things that never made it in game. You are of course more than welcome to look, but most likely if it hasn't been found by now or has any information on it, it was never added.
Pokcmvmxckm
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Valnaaros wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:17 am
Pokcmvmxckm wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:11 am Yea odds are it will get patched, hoping it will stay in long enough for me to find the Broken Automaton so I can tame a punchy robot.
As far as I know, that was never added. That beta build that it was added in was the main NPC build for the Beta, which includes many things that never made it in game. You are of course more than welcome to look, but most likely if it hasn't been found by now or has any information on it, it was never added.
A damn shame, I'll keep looking and I ask anyone else to keep a casual look out for it. Ty
Tsukina
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shen'dralar

Unread post by Tsukina »

Gatamatos and the other mechcats are marked as tame, Gatamatos on a mission to find it and the mechcats that are standing on the pedestals.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

You have to be drunk to see them, but the Pink Elekk from around Allerian Stronghold in Outland are friendly and marked tameable.

Assuming one swaps to Maldraxxus from another covenant, is there sufficient catch up mechanics to get this costume in a reasonable time? I'd like to try this out as well.

EDIT: Also worth mention;
- All cloud serpents of the green, yellow, and blue variety
- Ancient Equine Spirit from Dire Maul, potentially our only tameable spectral horse
- Ethereal Sunrunner, a ghostly blue unicorn spawned by talking to an NPC down in Dalaran's (Broken Isles) portal room to the left
- Food, a ghostly green stag found in Ardenweald when you enter the dream portals down near that bottom right flight path
- Tsulong's golden form, after ~2 minutes in the fight (Not sure how you'd use a minion to stay in combat here)
-If you're horde, there's a "worm" that has a unique look. Alliance can't phase in to that area.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

As far as I know, the costume can only be used in Shadowlands content. Food, that stag, will probably not retain the effect, judging by the model viewer.

As for catchup mechanics, it will take some time. Besides that, it will take a few weeks before you can go back to your original covenant.
Pokcmvmxckm
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

The friendly cloud serpents on Windward isle are tameable, had to dual another player and use a Deployable bullet dispenser to stay in combat.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_010621_150851.jpg
WoWScrnShot_010621_150851.jpg (2.46 MiB) Viewed 5482 times
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

That's absolutely spectacular. What is your method? As in, do you duel, use the bullet on the other player, pop the disguise, and immediately hit tame beast after the disguise is applied? I know I likely won't be able to get to this point since it'll take at least this week and next week (Maybe more? I genuinely don't know) to get to unlock the costume after swapping covenants, but knowing how it was done would be a fun little history lesson for when it's eventually fixed.

EDIT: Would deployable target dummies like the love fool and the turnip punching bag work for keeping you in combat as well?
Pokcmvmxckm
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

WerebearGuy wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:20 pm That's absolutely spectacular. What is your method? As in, do you duel, use the bullet on the other player, pop the disguise, and immediately hit tame beast after the disguise is applied? I know I likely won't be able to get to this point since it'll take at least this week and next week (Maybe more? I genuinely don't know) to get to unlock the costume after swapping covenants, but knowing how it was done would be a fun little history lesson for when it's eventually fixed.

EDIT: Would deployable target dummies like the love fool and the turnip punching bag work for keeping you in combat as well?
I tried the Mechanical Dragonling trinkets they did not work, and the Dummies as well as the Compact harvest reaper were next on my test list if the Dispenser didn't work. The basic method is to get a friend, dual them next to the mob you want, attack them, drop the dispenser, stop attacking them, use the disguise, start taming the mob. The dispenser will retarget to the taming mob breaking any traps but seeing as it can't be targeted it won't pull aggro. Thankfully once you have the disguise on taking damage does not break it.
Pokcmvmxckm
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Just going to say this, don't use this in the maw, I get the feeling that using it to avoid combat in the maw will be a ban-able offense. I doubt taming will be ban-able, things like the Croc slime from Wrath springs to mind. I will compose a bug report soon, just need to think of the wording.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Pokcmvmxckm wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:18 pm
WerebearGuy wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:20 pm That's absolutely spectacular. What is your method? As in, do you duel, use the bullet on the other player, pop the disguise, and immediately hit tame beast after the disguise is applied? I know I likely won't be able to get to this point since it'll take at least this week and next week (Maybe more? I genuinely don't know) to get to unlock the costume after swapping covenants, but knowing how it was done would be a fun little history lesson for when it's eventually fixed.

I tried the Mechanical Dragonling trinkets they did not work, and the Dummies as well as the Compact harvest reaper were next on my test list if the Dispenser didn't work. The basic method is to get a friend, dual them next to the mob you want, attack them, drop the dispenser, stop attacking them, use the disguise, start taming the mob. The dispenser will retarget to the taming mob breaking any traps but seeing as it can't be targeted it won't pull aggro. Thankfully once you have the disguise on taking damage does not break it.
I might consider switching into necro, night fae isn’t good besides the wild spirits ability, I want to know if someone tested getting back to your covenant after switching, I want to tame the green cloud serpent, tell me what I should do, and try to invite me to tame it
Zetsoban

Unread post by Zetsoban »

Sliver of nzoth version 2 right?
I'm thinking about armored devilsaurs and pterrordaxes, but I guess those aren't possible.

Got a very niche idea... The slender core hound model in the dark iron allied race quests. No idea if they are flagged tameable.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

It takes a few weeks to go back to a Covenant after you leave it.

I would advise also not using this in raids and dungeons - especially keystones.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Zetsoban wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:25 pm Sliver of nzoth version 2 right?
I'm thinking about armored devilsaurs and pterrordaxes, but I guess those aren't possible.

Got a very niche idea... The slender core hound model in the dark iron allied race quests. No idea if they are flagged tameable.
Not exactly. Like the Sliver, this was not intentional, but unlike the Sliver this will likely be fixed, seeing as it was meant to be used in the House of Constructs area, and not everywhere in the world.

They are not flagged as tamable.
Pokcmvmxckm
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

I paused my testing to do some Mythic + with some guild members, when I finished I went back to do more testing, and the disguise no longer makes friendly mobs hostile. This means I may be the only hunter with the 4 colors of cloud serpents, witch feels a little weird. I think this has been patched, a shame more people couldn't get to play with it, it was a lot of fun.
Last edited by Pokcmvmxckm on Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I am honestly surprised that they patched it so quickly. I figured that it would definitely happen, but not this quickly, unless they have known about it for a little while now.

Even still, I am sure that they will add an item in SL that will act like the Sliver. With the Jailer being the main enemy, I’m sure that there will be some quest that allows us to get an item that makes us hostile to everything.

As for the Cloud Serpents, I feel that they will add them to the game, or make the ones in Jade Forest/Townlong attackable in the next patch or so. But in the meantime, it is something unique for you to enjoy :)
Pokcmvmxckm
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Valnaaros wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:36 pm I am honestly surprised that they patched it so quickly. I figured that it would definitely happen, but not this quickly, unless they have known about it for a little while now.

Even still, I am sure that they will add an item in SL that will act like the Sliver. With the Jailer being the main enemy, I’m sure that there will be some quest that allows us to get an item that makes us hostile to everything.

As for the Cloud Serpents, I feel that they will add them to the game, or make the ones in Jade Forest/Townlong attackable in the next patch or so. But in the meantime, it is something unique for you to enjoy :)
Yea I'm genuinely surprised that in the time it took me to do 5 dungeons they patched it. Bit upset I didn't get to tame golden Tsulong but beggars can't be choosers, I'll take my 4 serpents and be happy. Here's hoping your right and we get a Sliver in Shadowlands, as well as more tameable cloud serpents.