Necrolord friendly taming (Patched)

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Necrolord friendly taming (Patched)

Unread post by Wain »

Er wow that was fast! I just woke up and was about to investigate it and it was already hotfixed.

Thanks for reporting it, anyway! I’m also surprised it was hotfixed so quickly, given they ignored the Sliver. But maybe it was because the Sliver was intended to work that way (even if the tames were a side-effect) while this wasn’t?
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I'm glad I didn't change over to Necrolords then! It's a shame it got fixed so quickly, but it makes sense as to why it was fixed. That definitely held one hell of a major gameplay advantage. So many potential exploits it could've led to. While I hope you enjoy your truly unique pets, I sincerely hope that all these friendlies become tameable by default. I mean, if they're friendly, we should be able to tame them by default. It was a fun thread to follow, though it was exceedingly short-lived. A shame you didn't get the chance to try out the more unusual friendly beasts like the equine spirit or Food.

A very, very, VERY tiny and petty part of me is glad you didn't get to the pink elekk though. I would've been saltier than when Blizzard cheated me out of my Koosu. Would've been fun to see, but I'd still be extremely petty over it. That one's my holy grail right now. Still trying to find a way to get it.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

What a shame that Blizz didn’t give us more colors of cloud serpents to tame, I’ve always wanted green but all they did was make blacks and thundering serpent colors I’m not really a fan of, besides rajani warserpent tameable, Blizz should implement the idea like what they did with frayfeather hippogryphs, use the /roar emote to make those mobs turn on you, it should only work on already obtainable skins, let’s /roar at the windward serpents to tame them, who thinks this idea is good?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

worgpower wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:35 pm What a shame that Blizz didn’t give us more colors of cloud serpents to tame, I’ve always wanted green but all they did was make blacks and thundering serpent colors I’m not really a fan of, besides rajani warserpent tameable, Blizz should implement the idea like what they did with frayfeather hippogryphs, use the /roar emote to make those mobs turn on you, it should only work on already obtainable skins, let’s /roar at the windward serpents to tame them, who thinks this idea is good?
That was a suggested idea to Muffinus, or to just make them neutral.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Valnaaros wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:51 pm
worgpower wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:35 pm What a shame that Blizz didn’t give us more colors of cloud serpents to tame, I’ve always wanted green but all they did was make blacks and thundering serpent colors I’m not really a fan of, besides rajani warserpent tameable, Blizz should implement the idea like what they did with frayfeather hippogryphs, use the /roar emote to make those mobs turn on you, it should only work on already obtainable skins, let’s /roar at the windward serpents to tame them, who thinks this idea is good?
That was a suggested idea to Muffinus, or to just make them neutral.
Making them neutral is actually a better idea, thank you for bringing that up, hopefully we’ll get our wanted pets next patch, hopefully someone reached out to muffinus for the remaining beasts like soul eaters, grubs, and skeletal horses to become tameable
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Making them neutral would've been the best and most simple option. Such a small change with a significant and much-desired impact.
Pokcmvmxckm
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Sen'jin NA

Unread post by Pokcmvmxckm »

"Construct Disguise now only allows players to be recognized as a construct within the House of Constructs in Maldraxxus, as originally stated by the item. The disguises’ visual appearance is still usable outside the area, but it will no longer fool enemies outside the House of Constructs." Yup, it was fun while it lasted. From https://www.wowhead.com/news=320358/hot ... 21?webhook

Still usable everywhere, having fun with it in raid along with a Reflecting prism.
Last edited by Pokcmvmxckm on Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I figured that would be the reasoning, since that is what the item said. Likely it wasn’t tested a lot in Beta, so people probably didn’t realize that it could be used anywhere until now.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Are there any friendly NPCs within Constructs that can still be tamed as a result? I had a feeling there were one or two that were still friendly even after the area flips to hostile.

And has anyone yet confirmed that the Sliver still works? I should go do that.
Pokcmvmxckm
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Wain wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:55 pm Are there any friendly NPCs within Constructs that can still be tamed as a result? I had a feeling there were one or two that were still friendly even after the area flips to hostile.

And has anyone yet confirmed that the Sliver still works? I should go do that.
When I was first messing around in the House of Constructs the only mobs I saw that where hostile were a few Undying army quest givers. Secutor Mevix gave me quite the scare when he phased out of no where to wack me.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Oh, nevermind, I'm thinking Chosen :P Ignore me!
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

awwwws bummer it can be used this way but congrats on those limited time serpent tames. I am soooo jealous.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

There is Gristle, assuming that he is phasing in. He can be found in the southwestern corner of the House of Constructs. Nothing special, but still something.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Talihawk wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:11 pm awwwws bummer it can be used this way but congrats on those limited time serpent tames. I am soooo jealous.
They will be made available sometime soon, I am sure. The next patch is likely, but I think that there is always the possibilty of a hotfix changing things; assuming that Muffinus is not too busy.
Pokcmvmxckm
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Wain wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:09 pm Oh, nevermind, I'm thinking Chosen :P Ignore me!
The only one I could think of is Deathfang, Draka's pet hell hound. It spawns during a WQ, the one in the Sanctum is flagged as tameable so I will try with the WQ one once it shows up again.

As it turns out, the disguse only function inside the House of constructs, so taming Deathfang would not be possible as the WQ he is involved with is out side that area.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Pokcmvmxckm wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:18 pm
Wain wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:09 pm Oh, nevermind, I'm thinking Chosen :P Ignore me!
The only one I could think of is Deathfang, Draka's pet hell hound. It spawns during a WQ, the one in the Sanctum is flagged as tameable so I will try with the WQ one once it shows up again.

As it turns out, the disguse only function inside the House of constructs, so taming Deathfang would not be possible as the WQ he is involved with is out side that area.
Yeah :) I was just thinking of the wrong house when I asked the question. I'm unaware of any friendly beasts in Constructs that might be tameable because of this.
Radikid

Unread post by Radikid »

Aww, too bad this was patched so quickly. I've been looking for stuff like this :P Good find!!

Side note: Should we start compiling a roster of new "Retired" pets due to this?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I would say no, since this happened so quickly and those whom tamed anything through this would be rather few in number.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

If you can list which ones players are known to have tamed I can add something to their descriptions. But since it was such a narrow time frame I haven't been in a rush to do it.
Pokcmvmxckm
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Wain wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:30 am If you can list which ones players are known to have tamed I can add something to their descriptions. But since it was such a narrow time frame I haven't been in a rush to do it.
Here is a list of the pets I managed to tame with this before it was patched:
https://www.wowhead.com/npc=58213/windward-matriarch all four colors.
https://www.wowhead.com/npc=158768/obedient-phalynx

Not as many as I would have liked, but more then most I imagine.