Vulpin Play Ability

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Equinoxfox86
Realm: Madoran

Vulpin Play Ability

Unread post by Equinoxfox86 »

I was wondering: has anyone else had issues with the Shadowlands Vulpin fox model hunter pets being unable to use the Play ability? It is still there under the pet abilities but when I try to use it I get nothing. Have I missed something? Thanks!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Vulpin Play Ability

Unread post by Wain »

Welcome! :)

I admit I never tried that, but perhaps the model is missing the required animation. It shouldn't be, though. Hopefully others can try it on their own tames and report back (in case it's just one that is bugged), and I'll test tomorrow.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

My vulpin doesn't play either. I guess it's like some of the bird models that don't do tricks.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I checked and sadly that model doesn't have the "EmoteDance" animation, which is the one that the original model used. It uses a different skeleton, doesn't it? So it's unlikely the animation could be easily copied across?

One thing the vulpin model does have is the mount special animation, where it jumps in the air, then digs at the ground. It's not quite as fun as the dance, but it would be something.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Yeah, it uses a different rig from the old fox. One that doesn't have the emotedance anim.

Unsure if it could be easily copied across. I think having it use the mountspecial would be a good alternative. Personally, that seems more fitting for a 'play' animation anyway!
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Just now noticed that it has been fixed when my hunter presses play Cloudtail sniffs the ground, leaps then sits but at the end they freeze for a bit still better then nothing.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Vulpin models now use the /mountspecial animation when you use 'Play.' Quite apt, if you ask me. They do freeze for a bit after that- that could probably be fixed, but the actual use of the animation is fitting. More so than dancing, to me.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!