Blizzcon Bundle 2021

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Blizzcon Bundle 2021

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Blizzard has announced a bundle for Blizzcon on February 19-20. The bundle is available through September 15, 2021.

Moon-Touched Netherwhelp pet is available starting at $19.99

Snowstorm mount is available starting at $39.99

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: Blizzcon Bundle 2021

Unread post by Ana »

That polar bear looks amazing. Kinda steep price though..

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Maria wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:03 pm That polar bear looks amazing. Kinda steep price though..
I think that it is cheaper than it has been in past years. Normally it is about $60.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

I kinda need that bear <3

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The pricing is expensive, at least in Australia. It's $60 if you want the mount and pet (along with a lot of unwanted stuff for other games), or $30 if you just want the pet. The "epic" bundle is $90. After the harsh pricing for the Shadowlands collector's edition, in a Covid year when people could afford less, this is hard.

But I'd say that some of it depends on the context.

In some places they're advertising these as 30th anniversary items. In that context it looks pretty crappy for Blizzard to charge a steep amount for "celebration items", rather than give their long-term, loyal players a thank-you gift.

But in other places (and in the shop itself) they're marketed as BlizzCon celebration bundles. That doesn't make them any cheaper, of course, but BlizzCon is being streamed for free this year, so that's not too bad. It's clearly not going to be as spectacular as the big BlizzCons, but it should still be good to see. So viewing these as an optional addition to a free BlizzCon isn't too bad at all.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

It was definitely a steep bundle in Canadian dollars, but you *can* have the option of converting your in-game gold to Blizzard balance and paying for it that way instead.

I know it's not feasible for everyone, but there was no way I could have afforded outright buying this, so we saved ourselves some money (my husband was very kind and used some of his WoW tokens he had saved up for this kind of situation, he's always been more of the gold farmer, I've never had the patience for it haha).
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

Why is bear's head so smol :C

Siggy under construction!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I don’t mind the bear’s head, though I can see what you mean. I much prefer it to the previous update, which was kind of hacked from a Druid form and I never warmed to it. If the model had looked more like this one (minus spines) I wouldn’t have minded the update so much.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I wish this was given to the six month subbers for free. The bull mount is nice sure, but the bear is CLEARLY superior. My money is currently focused on more...material pleasures, so this one's gonna be out of my hands for a while. Thank goodness it's gonna stay til September though; plenty of time to grab it. Sucks that there's so much unnecessary junk attached, but still. Sucks it's $5 more than buying a mount and pet from the store, but I guess $5 goes towards all the other stuff that isn't worth having.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

I kinda regret buying it.

The bear is super amazing looking, but my god, the constantly *THWOP* *THWOP* *THWOP* of dropping snowballs drives me crazy.