BlizzCon Spoilers

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Re: BlizzCon Spoilers

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Made an infographic image purely because...well, no real reason. These three critters show off a large improvement in the art team's abilities. The tendrils and manes being 3D fascinate me way more than they should.

EDIT: I know I keep pointing out that the feathers on the flying creature are flat, and I never provide any other statements about that. The simplest solution here would just be making a 3D shape, and having one of those dimensions be really, really flat. A wrap-around texture for feathers isn't too strange, so long as the model for said feather is closed on all sides. Feathers aren't flat in real life, even though they're really thin. You could even cheat and have two 2D images, which are just the same image but flipped, on a curved surface with the edges touching to give a fake (albeit lazy) 3D effect. It would significantly improve on those flat 2D textures that use a single 3D plane for the texture.
Attachments
3D Things.png
3D Things.png (4.26 MiB) Viewed 1624 times
Last edited by WerebearGuy on Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Nice work! :)
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Night fae gets the worst mount and necrolord gets the coolest mount once again, the korthia creatures look cool, I’m glad I got a close look at the flying one and it doesn’t resemble an owl, I think they look sick with dark colors, especially the lizard bear or mini mushan since these beasts look like mushan, and lastly, axolotls, I think they will be a great addition to taming, we need more creatures that resemble amphibians
Veronika

Unread post by Veronika »

I really love the way some of these look, I’m hoping the laptop I’m waiting for doesn’t take too long to come out, I was never able to get the sitting to work out and need to get a laptop so I can play in bed. I miss my Gargons so bad, now there’s these new bear rig ones that look amazing as well, argh, I want them them all! XD
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I love all the new mounts. The Night Fae one does look kind of a jumble to begin with but I think it'll look nice in the air. It reminds me of the weird mix of parts that go into the Wolpertinger, and that's one of my favourite pets. The Necro flies are certainly the most colourful and I really like that. I love the Venthyr and Kyrian mounts too, though (judging from the images) I do wish their colour variants oif the Venthyr ones were a little more diverse. The Venthyr in particular seem to be mostly red with shades of grey, but maybe that's a background thing and they'll stand out more in the game.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

I want to like the Necrofly because it does look cool. Kind of zerg-ish, too.

But then I realize it's on the bee rig and will spend 99% of its time hovering above the ground like the bees and N'zoth swarmers do and I just lose all my hype. I want my creepy crawlies to crawl, damn it! :(
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Darn, I was hoping it would have new animations, but I’m still disappointed on how non night faeish the wolf serpent looks, it’s very plain and basic just like the runestags, just without any runes or vibrant colors, I’m hoping the other covenant abilities get buffed so I can switch out of the boring covenant I call night fae, other than that, I’m very hyped for korthia and what it’ll have to offer, hopefully korthia won’t be hard to access, so I’ll just get to maw rep grinding, and now I notice how many bear rigs have been used throughout this xpac, I hope and wish the felbat and oracle rig can be used on tameable beasts
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

I'm praying that the Necroflies get some ground animations, but it's looking like sneaky Blizzard just paused their animation mid-mountspecial and took a picture of that for their preview.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

There is some new info regarding Korthia. Korthia is a part of the Maw - it isn't another realm or afterlife that has been pulled into the Maw. This would explain why, aside from the weird trees, it otherwise looks very similar to the Maw.

The Maw will be broken into two phases. The first phase is the pre-Korthia phase, which is what we are in now. After progressing further on the Covenant campaign, you'll be able to unlock Korthia and will be phased over to the second phase, which has Korthia.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Sure hope our patron dev gets note that we need a pale soulseeker that's accessible, and puts them in the new Maw phase. I still can't find anyone to pull me over to that phase, and my friends just don't want to level alts.
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by DannyGreen »

Qraljar wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:00 am I'm praying that the Necroflies get some ground animations, but it's looking like sneaky Blizzard just paused their animation mid-mountspecial and took a picture of that for their preview.
I WANT ONE!
They would fit great into the wasp category. Though I don't really see us getting one. Unless you know of some specific place they would spawn.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

They could be placed in Maldraxxus. There are some locations there that they would fit. But I personally do not think that they would fit into Wasps. I know that there are Bees in that family, but at least they can sting. Perhaps this giant fly can too, but if not then it won’t really fit.

There is also the matter of whether the textures of the giant fly are complete if all of the saddle pieces are removed. If there are missing chunks to it, then it is less likely to be added since it there would have to be work done to make a model without the missing pieces.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Hopefully in 9.1, Animites and Gorgers will be made tamable and given their own family.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Im super hyped for 9.1, I hope they can also make previous beasts tameable, like beavers and armadillos, soul eaters and skeleton horses, my undead hunter doesn’t feel whole without a horse to run around with, I hope these things become tameable this xpac and not the next, it might be unlikely I’ll play the next xpac due to growing up, I’m also hoping for tameable gorgers, I was hoping we would see where they came from, but I guess not yet
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by DannyGreen »

Valnaaros wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:13 am They could be placed in Maldraxxus. There are some locations there that they would fit. But I personally do not think that they would fit into Wasps. I know that there are Bees in that family, but at least they can sting. Perhaps this giant fly can too, but if not then it won’t really fit.

There is also the matter of whether the textures of the giant fly are complete if all of the saddle pieces are removed. If there are missing chunks to it, then it is less likely to be added since it there would have to be work done to make a model without the missing pieces.
Have you never been bitten by a fly? Also I don't think fireflys have stingers either.

I think if I HAD to think of a way to fit them in, maybe some enemies in a new dungeon or maldraxxus raid.

I agree on the whole Skeletal horse with worg. I was so sad when I couldn't tame the ghost horse in the maw.

I still want to tame slimes. And crawbats.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I have been, but wasps are a family designed to have stingers. And though the fireflies in WoW are designed to look like fireflies, they are capable of stinging as seen by abilities that they can use.

I don’t think that another Maldraxxus dungeon will be added, but perhaps a raid involving the Primus.

They’ll probably be made tamable at some point, either in 9.0.5 or 9.1, assuming that a taming pass is done.

Crawbats could be something made tamable. They will just need to add npcs beyond the battle pet versions.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Crawbats would make my day. I'd love to have a flying mouth outside of the battle pet version.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I would love a bat that doesn’t resemble a bat, which is why I want a crawbat, I am also dreaming to have the higher res horned wind rider, and seals and juvenile brutosaurs would also make my list, theres lots of colors for the seals, with stripes or without, they’re ugly, but cuddly
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

9250BFF2-FBF8-4FF9-B015-58BD2B6D4C06.jpeg
9250BFF2-FBF8-4FF9-B015-58BD2B6D4C06.jpeg (428.58 KiB) Viewed 2621 times
Went to art station and saw this majestic concept, this person, I circled the name in red, Lordozy, makes some next level concepts of Druid forms, mounts, etc. This person makes better mounts than Blizz, this picture is what the covenant flying mount should look like, it’s another Fox type mount, but it has more of a ardenweald feel than those serpents Blizz went for, I like the models, but they seem boring for covenant mounts, I recommend to go to the artstation to check it out
https://www.artstation.com/lordozy