BlizzCon Spoilers

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Re: BlizzCon Spoilers

Unread post by worgpower »

I used to be excited to have a snapdragon as a pet, but right now I don’t use it, I prefer the sabertusks since they’re more battle ready and no 2d model parts, I hope Blizz learned how bad models were when they used 2d parts, I was hoping snapdragons would have something on the top of their heads rather than bald, but I can’t hope for anything we would wish for
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The big one looks like a Panthara crossed with a tardigrade. A pantharagrade?
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by DannyGreen »

Looking at the pic.
We have a flying one. Probably a feathermane.

The weird scaley bears could probably be either a Lizard or scalehide if we're lucky.

The little runners, will probably be a new family, or raptors. Maybe tallstriders? Though they aren't very tall. I just think that's a bit of a barren pet class.
Cernunnos
Realm: Blackrock

Unread post by Cernunnos »

the little lizards remind me of axolotls lol
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Keep those peepers peeled, in case we see more animals. I doubt we'll see a lot, but I'm recording the Warcraft panel just in case because...well, I have nothing better to do today.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

I need these to be tameable.

No. That's not enough.

I NEED them to be tameable.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

We got a great look at different angles of all three beasts shown. My earlier thought that they were given 3D adornments ended up true. The wolfhawk model does have flat feathers on the tail it looks like, but you can't expect everything to be given 100%.

Along with the art assets for the battle pets and enemies shown, as well as three of those mounts (not counting Night Fae, that wolfserpent was AWFUL), they stepped up the art significantly.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I could see the Wolfserpent and the Kyrian construct being tamable. The giant fly could be, but it would need to have its own family since it doesn’t fit wasps or moths.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The Broker worm and rat are also possibilities.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Actually, looking closer at the rat, the texture quality really isn't the best, especially if it would be pet sized.

If these Gorm variants are complete without the armor, then these could possibly be added.

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

I hate the wolf serpent. I legit hate it. I like fuzzy serpentine dragons like Falcor and the Wyvern (Terraria), but I don't like the way the wolf serpents look. It's almost obviously going to be the cloud serpent rig, which doesn't get any ground mount animations. It has legs, but it's a lazy perma-flying thing. Compare that to the other four covenant beasts; a mechanical owlcat, a massive fly, and an armored stone gargoyle. The other covenants got all the love, while Night Fae got...that. Night Fae got the least love this go around.

I will kill my 5man party in the dungeon to tame one of those cats though. That little cat WILL be mine.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I personally really like the Wolfserpent. I like the design of it and I think that, out of everything, it is the most likely to become tamable. The Kyrian construct would be the most likely after, since it could be put into Mechanicals.

It is possible that the rat could be added to rodents, but it doesn't have the best texture quality so I have my doubts.

I don't think that the cat will be. It is meant to be a battle pet, just like the slime cat, which also was not added.
Last edited by Valnaaros on Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

KorthiaIntro.jpg
KorthiaIntro.jpg (940.15 KiB) Viewed 2333 times
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Wain wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:18 pmKorthiaIntro.jpg
The smallest one is definitely using the Gorloc rig. Maybe it could be fit into Lizards or Raptors.

The large one would be a good fit for Scalehides.

The flying one could go into Feathermanes. Seeing as Wyverns are in Feathermanes, it doesn't have to have feathers to be in that family.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

One of the concept pieces for the Broker dungeon shows an area with a bunch of different animals, including a Kodo. There might be something interesting in there that could be made tamable at some point, if not initially.

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Wouldn't it be funny haha if the flying one was in the lizard class? I think it would be absolutely hilarious. Bad joke aside, I agree with the lizard/scalehide/feathermane theory. Assuming the hopping mawmanders (thanks for my friend calling them that, I can't NOT call it that now) are tameable.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

It would be funny :lol: Honestly though, this would be a good excuse for there to be a family made for Cloud Serpents and Wolfserpents. Cloud Serpents don't really fit the Serpent family. They are too unique. So give them their own family, and includ Wolfserpents with them.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Agreed. Serpent family was a bad choice. They're snake-like, but they're not snakes. In no way are they snakes. Wind Serpent was way more appropriate for them. Not including undead and gargons, all the other class books gave brand new pet classes. Changing them to something like flying serpent, cloud serpent, or even going the route of saying "dragon" would be perfect. Honestly, the serpent family has so many weird picks that it's strange. Let's look at the available serpent archetypes;

- Cloud Serpent ; Serpentine dragons that always fly
- Python ; Long grounded serpents
- Abyss Worms ; some kind of short flying snake
- Eel-Serpents ; Upright eels with short bodies
- Giant Cobra ; an updated version of the classic cobras, but with rattles
- Mana Wyrms ; short flying snakes that honestly look like spirit beasts. Especially with how they die and turn into orbs, for some reason
- Arcane Wyrms ; Ethereal flying serpents with rather dated animations.
- Serpents ; The classic upright cobra

Out of those, only three are actual snakes, with eels being a "close enough so it fits" deal. Arcane wyrms and mana wyrms are basically spirit beasts in design. Abyss worms are serpentine, but they fly because "sure why not". Cloud Serpents are more lizard than snake, and there are real world lizards that have long bodies and short limbs (look up yellow bellied three toed skink. Adorable little things). Cloud Serpents absolutely deserve a better classification. Assuming the wolf serpent becomes tameable (which I doubt as many other mount models aren't tameable yet), they would not fit in the serpent family at all.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I agree. The serpent family is a rather strange family. If it weren't for the fact that those who are not BM that use arcane and mana wyrms, I would suggest that they be made into Spirit Beasts. If Manasabers are, then so could Arcane and Mana Wyrms.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Let's also not forget wind serpents; those are just snakes with wings and alien snakes with wings. Why do they still remain as their own thing when they're not even fleshed out? What lets them stand out of the serpent family in 2021 that other serpents don't do? While it may inconvenience the minority of hunters who actually use them,the changes are some that definitely need to be made.

- Cloud Serpents (and wolf serpents, if it happens) : New family
- Arcane/Mana Wyrms : Convert to spirit beast
- Serpent, Giant Cobra, Eel, Python ; Remain in the serpent family
- Abyss Worms ; I don't even know for these abominations
- Wind Serpent ; convert to serpents, remove old family (loosely similar to rylaks and chimeras; similar enough that they should be together)

Serpents, cobras, eels, and pythons are traditional serpents. Wind serpents are traditional serpents, but with a simple fantasy touch. Arcane and mana wyrms are not normal serpents in any way, and are magical by nature. I don't know what the hell would be done for abyss worms since they're...well, they exist, but they're the oddball of the family by far.