BlizzCon Spoilers

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

BlizzCon Spoilers

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Blizzard accidentally leaked the BlizzCon press kits today. One of the images leaked shows a new zone with some new creatures.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Re: BlizzCon Spoilers

One looks like a cross between a salamander and a raptor, and the other a cross between a reptile and a bear.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Guys, we finally got axolotls, and more reptilian bears after the ankylodon from BFA, we had so many bear skeletons the last few years
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Valnaaros wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:14 pm One looks like a cross between a salamander and a raptor, and the other a cross between a reptile and a bear.
There's also the Chimera in the air.

The bear looks partly like a mole to me.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Qraljar wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:52 pm
Valnaaros wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:14 pm One looks like a cross between a salamander and a raptor, and the other a cross between a reptile and a bear.

That looks like a cross between a panthara, owl and a mana ray, definitely a feathermane
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

worgpower wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:56 pm

That looks like a cross between a panthara, owl and a mana ray, definitely a feathermane
Seems about right. They all really share a common recognizable alien/fantasy-y style. Wonder what else that place offers.

Also it took me a moment to realize what that axolotl thing is probably using for a rig. Going by the one's idle stance, I'm thinking.. gorloc?
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Qraljar wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:57 pm
worgpower wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:56 pm

Seems about right. They all really share a common recognizable alien/fantasy-y style. Wonder what else that place offers.

Also it took me a moment to realize what that axolotl thing is probably using for a rig. Going by the one's idle stance, I'm thinking.. gorloc?
I’ve always wanted a pet with that skeleton, there’s some animation skeletons like the Felhunter, and that which I love and it looks so graceful not to be added to a beast
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

What the HELL is that bear-thing, and why is it not already in my stables? I want all the recolors, if any, of that goofy looking thing.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I can’t wait to have all 3 in my stables, I’m still wondering what family will the axolotl beast and bear beast will be put in, they can probably change toads to amphibians to allow more amphibian creatures, and those bears definitely fit in scalehides or lizards
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Oh please please let one of those scale bears be an exotic like a Clefthoof. No offense to anyone who loves them but I want something else, need more variety of super chonky tanky pets.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Just based off of that image, the area doesn’t look like a swamp/marsh area. They may just have an amphibian-like design, but not actually be amphibians.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Talihawk wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:58 pm Oh please please let one of those scale bears be an exotic like a Clefthoof. No offense to anyone who loves them but I want something else, need more variety of super chonky tanky pets.
They would probably be a new family, unless they redesign a current family to fit them. The smaller ones could possibly fit raptors, and the chimaeras could be feathermanes, but the bear creatures are too different looking to really fit bears. Thinking about it, they could possibly fit Scalehides.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

The smaller and chunky ones can also fit in the lizards, even tho we have some good looks, lizards still lack in cooler models
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by DannyGreen »

As long as they are Ferocity I'm all for it.
Otherwise, they will just sadly rot with the rest of the cool new models.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I wish they made the other specs better and more usable, or maybe give them all some sort of family special
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

hmm, it's a bastion color scheme...
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

They look like a maldraxxi colorscheme
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

They aren’t related to Maldraxxus. The colors are similar, though. The zone is called Korthia, the City of Secrets, and it will be in The Maw.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Valnaaros wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:45 pm They aren’t related to Maldraxxus. The colors are similar, though. The zone is called Korthia, the City of Secrets, and it will be in The Maw.
That will be sick
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I peeked at the image when I was sleepy earlier, so I barely got much of an idea of what was in there. The blue bits on the lizards and bear are SOLID, not 2D. The lizards from Nazjatar suffered greatly by having lazy 2D fins, but these new beasts have 3D fins and accessories. You can tell with the shading and how they don't look like folded paper at different angles. The wolfhawk is hard to tell since it's so small on the image, and I don't have the magic ENHANCE filter from CSI or NCIS. I'm super hyped for the fact they're not being lazy and using flat 2D textures for fins and hair this time. I just hope we're not getting hyped over creatures that may not be tameable. The lizards look like they use the Gorloc/Vermin animations as mentioned earlier, so that might be a hard one to expect. I want it to be, of course, but don't hold your hopes just in case.

I'm really going to be sad if I end up being wrong about the fins and other parts.