Twisting Corridors

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
AdamSavage
Illustrious Master Hunter

Twisting Corridors

Unread post by AdamSavage »

I'm thinking of trying out the Twisting Corridors, but I'm not sure how long it would take to do all 8 layers, and what class I should use. I've heard BM hunters are pretty weak and often the pet is getting one shotted in the higher layers. I do have a tanking pet, and have changed my talents to get the most healing out of it. My other option is my Warlock, but I was told Demo is the way to go. I've never really played demo so that might be an issue there. I know destro with the right powers can very powerful, and take out large mobs very quickly.

Suggestions ?
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Re: Twisting Corridors

Unread post by DannyGreen »

If you want to use BM for it. I'd recommend a tar trap build. With singular pet focus. And pray for good rng.
You will need all the personal speed boosts you can get, at least 3 tar trap slows. And bursting tar for radius. That way as long as it aint a rapid caster, it will never be able to touch you. Just run around it in circles and pepper it down. Also use a clefthoof.

some traits that I feel are mandatory.
Bursting tar
3X slows
Disengage speed stacker.
The bottle of fog that stops enemies being able to target you.

Some that are not mandatory but make things a hell of allot easier
The 90% pet damage reduction on misdirect
The stun = guaranteed crit.
Trap set on disengage (Great for when you mess up your trap set timing and the enemy has about 10 stacks of power.

It's doable, It's just not very fun.
AdamSavage

Re: Twisting Corridors

Unread post by AdamSavage »

Welp it seems I either suck @ my hunter, or I had bad powers. Was struggling a little on the 17th floor, with mobs almost 1 shooting my pet. Then couldn't kill the 18th floor boss. Too much HP, not enough DMG and she was hitting me way too hard. Even with all the healing cooldowns/defensive.. The fight would of dragged on too long to be of any use. Pretty sad I can't even get past layer 1. So I will not be trying again, unless it's unchanged with later patches and better gear. The rewards of a mount are simply not enough to bother wasting basically a full 24 day of playing. The problem with Torghast is that it is very RNG and not at all tuned right. Those green circle things that show up on the ground. If stand in them, I take dmg. If my pet stands in it, nothing happens. When I was on my lock, it one shotted my lock pet..

Thinking back, I didn't have enough Health buffs and I was not expecting a 3.5 mill HP boss, and for said boss to be hitting me for about 1/3 my HP. It was a caster boss, as the melee ones I can easily kit around. Even with the defensive cooldowns. I simply didn't have enough health to last till the next one. I was also simply not doing enough dmg to bring him down quick enough. I had to always MD on my pet when cooldown was up, while trying to stay mobile as to avoid stuff on the ground and what not.. It really took the sail of me playing to game.. I've lost a bunch of motivation to play..
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!