Chains of Domination PTR is up! June 29 (NA) / June 30 (EU) Release!

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Chains of Domination PTR is up!

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Drayk wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:35 pm Any chances of the grand wyvern mode finally being added that's the one unused model I'm dying for...
Unfortunately, the only npc that uses it that we could tame is still untamable.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Valnaaros wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:39 pm
Drayk wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:35 pm Any chances of the grand wyvern mode finally being added that's the one unused model I'm dying for...
Unfortunately, the only npc that uses it that we could tame is still untamable.
Yeah. Even has a diet and such. :C
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

An update on a prior post: Scavenging Slitherwing - 179359 - uses the Yellow variant. It spawns from the daily, "Think of the Critters", and can be found throughout Korthia.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Still hoping for the brown and yellow variant cuz unlike most of the slitherwings, this one has dark stripes on its body to make it look like an alien tiger creature, and the other colors aren’t nearly as good as this one, but I do like the purple and green one, but brown and yellow is still better on my opinion
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

I have the PTR downloaded, but I've been swamped with pet battle world quests this past week. Less than 2k charms to go to have the 10k for the pet. :c

Then I can start helping search if y'all haven't found everything by then, lol.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

My hunter is still 56. I really don't like SL leveling, lol.. anyway, been looking around too, mostly for new Kunchong looks, Cloud Serpent looks, the white Alpaca, the rusty Tarantula look. No luck so far.

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I also looked for the purple patterned stag, the two unused wind serpents, and I looked all over kalimdor for the brown hyena and I didn’t find anything, I also checked if they flag gilneas gryphons tameable and they didn’t cuz there is no reason to flag them untameable if they are just put there for nothing
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

If I didn't suggest it in this post I'd say there's a much lower chance of it being done. I didn't suggest places for every unused look, some are hard to find places for, others might be better waiting for a rare, and a lot more I just didn't because there's so many.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

While a stretch, and definitely a VERY low priority change, here's a possible solution to the unused skins. You know those Brokers next to the orbs with beasts and critters in them? Put random appearances in those, and have a Broker that you can pay to unlock the cage. That way, the tameable skin can be put on an NPC that makes sense. Brokers like to collect unusual and rare things, right?

- Broker NPCs with captured beasts with themes (Horse collector, Lizard enthusiast, etc)
- Different Broker appears daily, on a set rotation
- Broker has a single orb, and you can see what's inside. You can pay them for the current beast.
- If you do not want what is in there, you can ask "What else do you have?" and it will reroll the skin to a different one
- Optionally, provide an option to pay a lower price for a random beast and see what you get.

I don't know how code-intensive this is, but it'd be a fun thing for hunters to play with if they want a random pet.

EDIT: I threw my suggestion on the official forums. Shameless plug: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t ... sts/946456
Last edited by WerebearGuy on Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

So yeah, the gorloc-salamanders ought to be tameable for sure if you ask me.

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

While OBJECTIVELY true, the fact that it's domesticated doesn't necessarily mean that all of its kind are as easy to domesticate. Take real world foxes for example; only a few kinds are able to be pets, but they're predominantly wild animals. As much as I want a Korthian Hopper, that description is probably not enough justification. Also, I'm sad that the skin I want is only on pets and critters right now. Love the yellow hopper.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Since ptr is assault rotating to amathet tonight, imma find out if Tat the Bonechewer gets changed or remain
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Also worth checking if the hawks retain their glow effect or not. It's a real shame that they still dont.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

WerebearGuy wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:43 pm Also worth checking if the hawks retain their glow effect or not. It's a real shame that they still dont.
I tried checking if the unarmored shadehounds, or ghostly hellhounds will retain their effects along with checking for tameability of the soul feasters
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Some updates from the ptr.

Vrednic 178012 - Stone Hound - Black gargon variant - Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60 - Title: Prince Renathal's Pet - Found in The Tremaculum in The Maw during the Venthyr Assault.

Each of the following have four separate IDs. The first IDs listed belong to the NPCs that are present before taking the quest, "They Grow Up So Quickly". After you select one of them for the quest, they will change into different stages of growth with an ID for each stage.

Creep 178679 - Purple Gormling variant - Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60 - Found in The Tremaculum in The Maw during the Venthyr Assault.

Roots 178678 - Green Gormling variant - Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60 - Found in The Tremaculum in The Maw during the Venthyr Assault.

Goo Goo 178680 - Blue Gormling variant - Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60 - Found in The Tremaculum in The Maw during the Venthyr Assault.

Stinky 178621 - Orange Gormling variant - Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60 - Found in The Tremaculum in The Maw during the Venthyr Assault. Has a green gas aura.

178622. Will use the saddled Orange Gorm variant once it has been fully fed.

178709. Uses the saddled Orange Gorm variant.

Bubbles 178677 - Silver Gormling variant - Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60 - Found in The Tremaculum in The Maw during the Venthyr Assault.

178682. Uses the saddled Silver gorm variant once it has been fully fed.

Shadow 178681 - Black Gormling variant - Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60 - Found in The Tremaculum in The Maw during the Venthyr Assault.

178688. Will use the saddled Black Gorm variant once it has been fully fed.
Last edited by Valnaaros on Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

WerebearGuy wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:13 pm While OBJECTIVELY true, the fact that it's domesticated doesn't necessarily mean that all of its kind are as easy to domesticate. Take real world foxes for example; only a few kinds are able to be pets, but they're predominantly wild animals. As much as I want a Korthian Hopper, that description is probably not enough justification. Also, I'm sad that the skin I want is only on pets and critters right now. Love the yellow hopper.
If it can be domesticated, then our hunters can probably domesticate it.

It can't be more difficult than an Aqir Goliath, Silithid, Shadehound, etc.

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Qraljar wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:01 pm
WerebearGuy wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:13 pm While OBJECTIVELY true, the fact that it's domesticated doesn't necessarily mean that all of its kind are as easy to domesticate. Take real world foxes for example; only a few kinds are able to be pets, but they're predominantly wild animals. As much as I want a Korthian Hopper, that description is probably not enough justification. Also, I'm sad that the skin I want is only on pets and critters right now. Love the yellow hopper.
If it can be domesticated, then our hunters can probably domesticate it.

It can't be more difficult than an Aqir Goliath, Silithid, Shadehound, etc.
Yeah take it for example, some people have pet wolves, some people even have pet bears and tigers, so I think it’s not wrong to make most beasts tameable since hunters know how to keep them just right
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Tat now uses the unused dark brown hyena and retains his name.

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Odd on two accounts there; one that they changed a rare's skin, and two that worgpower straight up guessed that Tat would get the skin. Very odd coincidence, but still neat that all hyena skins are now accounted for.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

https://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=174795/centurion-flier
Found a tameable Aquilon in the PTR database. Will it be tameable? Maybe, maybe not. Very likely not, but still.