Chains of Domination PTR is up! June 29 (NA) / June 30 (EU) Release!

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Aroim
Pet Finder

Re: Chains of Domination PTR is up!

Unread post by Aroim »

More great finds! and yes Porfus has a really long name :D
I will keep an eye out about Grimkor's Hound, if he might keep his name one day
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I think Grimkor's Hound doesn't keep its name because it's no longer Grikmor's hound after it gets tamed. Hopefully it does keep the name eventually, along with every single beast, but still.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Kalan'ii, the crab that has no reason to have a unique name, keeps its name when tamed now. Also, I really hate the "challenge" tames of Pandaria. I found Portent's footprints, followed them, and they disappeared. I backtracked because I figured it reached the end of its path, but no. The tracks just outright disappeared between Tu Shen Burial Ground and the southern giant Mogu statue, right before the Sha-infested path. Waited almost an hour at the last footprint I saw (it despawned while I was standing by it, so I know I was in one of the right spots) and the footprints never showed up again. Thank god its skins are not unique, and are available on the four bosses in Mogu'shan Vaults.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Head's up; there was apparently another PTR update today. It started downloading when I booted the launcher for the first time today, and it was a fairly small patch (I think 90mb? It went quickly). Wowhead doesn't seem to have anything noted yet, and it may be likely that there wasn't anything really to show off, but it's worth checking stuff again on the pet front.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

WerebearGuy wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 2:12 pm Head's up; there was apparently another PTR update today. It started downloading when I booted the launcher for the first time today, and it was a fairly small patch (I think 90mb? It went quickly). Wowhead doesn't seem to have anything noted yet, and it may be likely that there wasn't anything really to show off, but it's worth checking stuff again on the pet front.
There's no new database content, so it appears to be a very minor update. It's still possible changes/fixes/tames have changed, but I'm not sure.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

The WoW Classic PTR updated today with TBC prepatch, maybe that's what you saw?
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

There was definitely a 9.1 PTR patch update, but there doesn't seem to have been much in it.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Wain wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:55 pm There was definitely a 9.1 PTR patch update, but there doesn't seem to have been much in it.
ahh that's too bad! I'm still crossing my fingers for some of the tameable but I know realistically those could be much later :D
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Do yall need any help with testing the Pandaria tracking tames to see if they retain name? I saw a post back where some couldn't be found. I've done those on so many alts, I don't mind giving it a go if it would help.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

So, I have some bad news. The quest The Search For Baine" no longer has the tameable hounds Lor the Loyal or Ventun the Ravenous. I went on my fresh 60 Hunter on live, that did the Threads of Fate leveling, and started the covenant storyline. The first chapter where you actually do something takes you to Torghast, which leads to the aforementioned quest. On live, I went in and found both hounds on floor 4. I left the instance and checked again, and sure enough, they were there. I logged over to PTR, copied that hunter, and did another run. Rather than getting the long floor 4 that ended in the two hounds and their master, I was greeted with a short floor with tons of guillotines and no hounds at the end. All other floors remained the same as on live, but not this one. I left and retried, thinking it w as just random, but no; the quest version of the Torghast run you do for this quest has definitely been changed. The two do not keep their names on live, and if this remains as it is on the PTR, they never will retain the names when tamed.

I've got that character parked in Torghast to check every time we get a new build, but considering that you can skip all the early Maw stuff in 9.1, it's unlikely that this will change.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

WerebearGuy wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 1:20 pm So, I have some bad news. The quest The Search For Baine" no longer has the tameable hounds Lor the Loyal or Ventun the Ravenous. I went on my fresh 60 Hunter on live, that did the Threads of Fate leveling, and started the covenant storyline. The first chapter where you actually do something takes you to Torghast, which leads to the aforementioned quest. On live, I went in and found both hounds on floor 4. I left the instance and checked again, and sure enough, they were there. I logged over to PTR, copied that hunter, and did another run. Rather than getting the long floor 4 that ended in the two hounds and their master, I was greeted with a short floor with tons of guillotines and no hounds at the end. All other floors remained the same as on live, but not this one. I left and retried, thinking it w as just random, but no; the quest version of the Torghast run you do for this quest has definitely been changed. The two do not keep their names on live, and if this remains as it is on the PTR, they never will retain the names when tamed.

I've got that character parked in Torghast to check every time we get a new build, but considering that you can skip all the early Maw stuff in 9.1, it's unlikely that this will change.
That's odd for them to change that :/ If it makes it to live I'll definitely retire them! Thanks for checking :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Quiv wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 11:26 am Do yall need any help with testing the Pandaria tracking tames to see if they retain name? I saw a post back where some couldn't be found. I've done those on so many alts, I don't mind giving it a go if it would help.
Yes please! :)

If anyone has any spare time to check a few tames to see if they retain their names on the PTR, we're now down to a list of 48 creatures:
https://www.wow-petopia.com/tamenamesuggest.php

I checked off a heap tonight and all but one retain their names on the PTR, so it's likely pretty much all of those remaining on the list will also do so.

Oh, and please ignore Nyemi for now. She's in Korthia but we can't seem to reach her to tame her. She appears to be under the terrain and is possibly bugged (unless she's in a cave that has a special way of accessing it).
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Alright cool, I'll start on the Pandaria part of that list then since I'm pretty familiar with it.
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

retain its name:
Smolderos the Carbonizer

Wrinklefin
Malfunctioning Beastbot
Kroshik
Skarf
Gorebite, Khamen, Thartep
still doesn't keep their names:

Lost Netherwolf
Last edited by Aroim on Sat May 08, 2021 4:22 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Clayford13
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Korgath

Unread post by Clayford13 »

Awesome work guys!! I'm still holding out hope for the new warp stalker model to be tamable. If not, my hopes and dreams shall crumble into a thousand pieces. Not really.... but maybe. Lol
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

@Wain Nyemi is for sure bugged. I have been able to look under the terrain with eagle eye, and she and some devourers can be seen just floating out in the void.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

OK I can confirm the following retain their name once tamed (I can supply screenshots of mid and post tame if needed)

Hexapos
Bloodtooth
Bombyx
Bristlespine
Gumi
Stompy
Glimmer
Hutia
Ruukti
Savage
Rockhide the Immovable
Portent
Degu
Patrannache

Unable to test:
Yachi
Yao
Haofeng
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Excellent work hunting down all of those rares. I couldn't bring myself to do that because they're such a pain to find. With those added to the ever-growing list of beasts that keep their names, there are only 26 beasts left to verify now, hooray! For quick links to each that still requires verification:
Basilisk: Chomper
Bat: Blood Seeker (Good luck with this one)
Carapid: Izik the Dissolver
Crab: Steelplated Hardshell (Chromie alt time version)
Devilsaur: Thok the Bloodthirsty
Hound: Girs
Hound: Hound of Morguliax
Hound: Milo
Hound: Spitz
Lizard: Liskorath
Mechanical: Friender
Mechanical: Junkyard D.O.G.
Serpent: Haofeng
Spider: Hive Eater Matriarch
Spider: Nightmother
Spirit Beast: Gara
Stone Hound: Amethyst Guardian (Currently does not keep its name, unlike its companions. May change!)
Stone Hound: Doom
Stone Hound: Grenich
Stone Hound: Grond
Stone Hound: Justice
Stone Hound: Yachi
Stone Hound: Yao
Wind Serpent: Shade of Hakkar (Currently does not keep its name. May change!)

There are also four others who still need verification, but they can't be checked as of right now. Those four are:
Hound: Lor the Loyal, due to being missing on PTR
Hound: Ventun the Ravenous, due to being missing on PTR
Mechanical: 4.RF-4.RF, due to being too high level for players to tame in Shadowlands
Scalehide: Nyemi, for being placed below the world in 9.1

Of course, if you can prove the latter four wrong, please do so with screenshots. For Nyemi, if you do manage to tame it, have a screenshot showing its ID. I forgot the macro for this, but there is one that will print the targeted NPC's ID in chat when used. I'm sure someone else has that lying around.

EDIT: I'm aware that we have a page for name-related checking, but since we're congregating in this thread, I felt like posting what's left before Wain edits the actual page.
EDIT 2: I just realized how many stone hounds are left. We've barely taken that pet family for granite, huh?
Last edited by WerebearGuy on Sat May 08, 2021 8:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Girs is a new npc with 9.1 and doesn’t retain its name as of this build. The hound was cut from SL in late beta.
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

You can take out the two crocolisks, they are in my list, they keep their names, just like the third of them.
And Shade of Hakkar is already in the: doesn't keep his name, list. ^^