Chains of Domination PTR is up! June 29 (NA) / June 30 (EU) Release!

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Chains of Domination PTR is up!

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I would agree with that.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Wain wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:18 am Given that wasps already contain aqiri stingers, bees and fireflies, maybe they should be renamed something like Vilestings, or Venomstings, or... something of that nature. It makes it more inclusive, and also a more natural home for corpseflies.
They should be called stingers or stinging bastards
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Wain wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:18 am Given that wasps already contain aqiri stingers, bees and fireflies, maybe they should be renamed something like Vilestings, or Venomstings, or... something of that nature. It makes it more inclusive, and also a more natural home for corpseflies.
Or maybe Wingy Stingy just so Scorpids don't get mixed up ;) 8-)
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Quiv wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:15 am
Or maybe Wingy Stingy just so Scorpids don't get mixed up ;) 8-)
Yeah it’s odd since wasps and scorpids have the same abilities different name and Icon and both are in ferocity
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Keep an eye out around Seeker's Quorum for a rare star to pop up on the map, and it's called something similar to "heap of corpses". I saw it earlier but wasn't quick enough to get to it.

My hunch (and it's only a hunch), is that the rare corpsefly Fleshwing may appear. Its title is "Lord of the Heap" after all.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

worgpower wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:58 am They should be called stingers or stinging bastards
Laugh. I forgot about that :D
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Wain wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:31 am Keep an eye out around Seeker's Quorum for a rare star to pop up on the map, and it's called something similar to "heap of corpses". I saw it earlier but wasn't quick enough to get to it.

My hunch (and it's only a hunch), is that the rare corpsefly Fleshwing may appear. Its title is "Lord of the Heap" after all.
It’s crazy how all of these things are being added to taxavesh and korthia. I’m hoping the dark owl steed will make an appearance over there or maybe a new npc in bastion, I’m excited for the unsaddled covenant mounts are becoming tameable
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Not quite relevant to your point but to the bee, aqir drone, moth and now corpsefly models. It seems they're all scaled similarly based on their rig (which is the bee one), and I hope they all get a bit of a size increase. They're not bad, but I thinjk they could be just a tad larger, honestly.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Qraljar wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:04 pm
Not quite relevant to your point but to the bee, aqir drone, moth and now corpsefly models. It seems they're all scaled similarly based on their rig (which is the bee one), and I hope they all get a bit of a size increase. They're not bad, but I thinjk they could be just a tad larger, honestly.
I agree, these skeletons make the wasp look badass and more natural than the old skeleton, only to be small in size, they honestly need a huge size increase, and not a relevant creature, but old Ravagers also need to be larger, about the same size as the draenor ravagers
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I'm fine with wasps and similar butt thrusters being small, because not all threats need to come in big packages, but if they got scaled up a bit, I wouldn't mind. Though, it wouldn't make sense due to the way bugs' bodies work. Their wings would need to be thicker and more membranous like a bat's to support their chitinous bodies. Have you ever seen a bug with bat-like wings? I haven't, but damn that would be scary.

If we're talking Ravagers, the OG ones need new models first. they're low res and pretty janky. I'm all for finally grabbing my Scrab again, but they look so horribly outdated now. Give them some boar-level TLC first, and THEN make them bigger. Especially the spiny versions.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Fleshwing does come from that pile, based off of data mined info regarding the Conquering Korthia achieve.

That said, it is currently not tamable.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Valnaaros wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:56 pm Fleshwing does come from that pile, based off of data mined info regarding the Conquering Korthia achieve.

That said, it is currently not tamable.
I’m still hoping that invasive corpse fly will be mine, because I love the name
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

worgpower wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:43 pm
I agree, these skeletons make the wasp look badass and more natural than the old skeleton, only to be small in size, they honestly need a huge size increase, and not a relevant creature, but old Ravagers also need to be larger, about the same size as the draenor ravagers
I remember finishing the Aqir Drone raising quest and thinking "Wow, it would be cool if the tamed pets were that size."
Only for them to not be. At all.
(The only pic I could find. I did the quest a long time ago now)

That looks very nice and chunky. Not as big as the mount, maybe a bit on the large side, but definitely more enjoyable than the current small size for me, to be honest.

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Qraljar wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:33 pm
worgpower wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:43 pm
I remember finishing the Aqir Drone raising quest and thinking "Wow, it would be cool if the tamed pets were that size."
Only for them to not be. At all.
(The only pic I could find. I did the quest a long time ago now)

That looks very nice and chunky. Not as big as the mount, maybe a bit on the large side, but definitely more enjoyable than the current small size for me, to be honest.
They would of been good if they were the size of dogs, but they are smaller than marsuuls
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Found Fleshwing. It is spawned by an event in Seeker's Quorum that can only be triggered by a Necrolord, but once started anyone can help participate in gathering corpses that will summon Fleshwing. 180042. Min Level: 61, Max Level: 61. Rare. Uses the Green & Purple variant. Title: <Lord of the Heap>. Recommend tamability, classified as a Wasp, and that it retains its name.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Ripmaul. 178907. Uses the purple Shardhide variant. Elite. Min Level: 60. Max Level: 60. Found in a cave in southwestern Mauler's Overlook, but is only up during the daily "Broker's Bounty: Ripmaul". Recommend tamability and name retention.

Darkmaul. 180063. Uses the purple saddled Shardhide variant. Friendly. Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60. Found just west of Mauler's Overlook. Currently classified as an Oxen, should be a Scalehide.

Malbog. 179684. Uses the Gold & Brown Scalehide variant. Min Level: 61, Max Level: 61. Rare. Found in Mauler's Overlook, but can only be spawned if you have Kah-Bear with you to follow the tracks to Malbog and to spawn him. Recommend tamability and name retention.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Found the Black Aquilon. Unfortunately, it is Friendly and so it cannot be tamed.

Sputtering Aquilon. 180146. Black Aquilon variant. Friendly. Spawns during the rare event "Popo's Potion Patrol", which is triggered by Kyrians. Recommend that it is flagged as a Mechanical, just incase.

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

The stack of corpses for Fleshwing had me take a double take; it looked like a visual glitch from the thumbnail. I wish we could tame piles of corpses. Be a fun undead worm pet. As with everything that's currently not tameable, here's hoping the flies and the dark Aquilion become available in some magnitude.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

WerebearGuy wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:22 pm The stack of corpses for Fleshwing had me take a double take; it looked like a visual glitch from the thumbnail. I wish we could tame piles of corpses. Be a fun undead worm pet. As with everything that's currently not tameable, here's hoping the flies and the dark Aquilion become available in some magnitude.
Yeah, I really want more aquilon colors to be tameable, I do want the darker corpsefly, and I’m still waiting for a new razorwing to use the brown and yellow variant so I can have my outlandish flying tiger on my side when 9.1 releases
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Valnaaros wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 8:04 pm Found Fleshwing. It is spawned by an event in Seeker's Quorum that can only be triggered by a Necrolord, but once started anyone can help participate in gathering corpses that will summon Fleshwing. 180042. Min Level: 61, Max Level: 61. Rare. Uses the Green & Purple variant. Title: <Lord of the Heap>. Recommend tamability, classified as a Wasp, and that it retains its name.

I assume that this mob is a rare that will drop the Lord of the Corpseflies mount for Necrolord members.