Chains of Domination PTR is up! June 29 (NA) / June 30 (EU) Release!

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Re: Chains of Domination PTR is up!

Unread post by worgpower »

WerebearGuy wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:54 pm Excellent. Same moonhazed nightsaber, I assume?
Yes, all sabers are found, now it’s my time to search for the brown hyena, and unused mechanicals
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Wow these are some great finds!! Is there going to be a master list with pictures of new / previously unused skins?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

It is at the beginning of the thread.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Wain will compile and post one on the main site once the ptr is further along.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

As Valnaaros said, I compiled the new skins in text format. Wain will almost definitely get on it and make a better list with images, but for now, you can check pages 8-10 for images.
Clayford13
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Korgath

Unread post by Clayford13 »

This is so cool! I LOVE that all the awesome unused skins are being added! I love the white diemetrodon and the pale pink pterrodax!
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Terrorclaw scrapers at hope’s ascent have cub sounds and retains them when tamed, now you can have a baby buddy with your killmaw pup if you have one or interested in one
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

WoWScrnShot_042121_211518.jpg
WoWScrnShot_042121_211518.jpg (580.59 KiB) Viewed 2057 times
i just tamed an old pterrordax for the sake of it, and as you see on my pet hotbar, updraft finally returned, and i think its slightly bigger than it used to be
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Yay!!!!
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Aw, I liked my pterrordaxlet. The tiny old model was cute. Good to see the slowfall is back though; that's huge news. Weren't other pets missing abilities too?
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

WerebearGuy wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:31 am Aw, I liked my pterrordaxlet. The tiny old model was cute. Good to see the slowfall is back though; that's huge news. Weren't other pets missing abilities too?
I think it was only pterrordaxes, I’m still hunting for some unused pet looks, with hopes to find a new variant of an old family
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

I checked every Phalynx except those in Torghast, and didn't find any bronze ones. Killed the few respawning silver ones a few times too, no luck.
I checked every juvenile teroclaw in both Shadowlands and Draenor, what with them being my favorite carrion birds, and none spawned in the yellow or blue variants. Hen Chick would be a perfect choice for the yellow ones, hint hint mystery dev!

No idea where to look for some of the other skins. I gave up after murdering phalynxes and carrion birds. For reference on how long I was at it, I gained almost a full level from killing random enemies in hopes of recolored spawns on my low level hunter. I ain't doing another PTR leveling spree like I did for Guardian of the Elders again lol. Sure hope we have more hidden new skins out there.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

After hours of looking, here’s the following I tried to find but wasn’t found or successful enough to look

I think I’m also a bit lazy and not very sharp when it comes to this type of thing, but eventually at least one of these will be added
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The Mammoth's Trample ability is no longer a channel. It is an instant cast. Prior to this fix, if a Mammoth used their ability, they would stop dpsing and would do nothing until they were done channeling their ability.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Valnaaros wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:13 am The Mammoth's Trample ability is no longer a channel. It is an instant cast. Prior to this fix, if a Mammoth used their ability, they would stop dpsing and would do nothing until they were done channeling their ability.
What about crabs, I wonder if they’re channel is removed too
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

WerebearGuy wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:48 am I checked every Phalynx except those in Torghast, and didn't find any bronze ones. Killed the few respawning silver ones a few times too, no luck.
Sadly, a bronze phalynx is still not possible. The skin has still not been copied to the non-mount model.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Wain wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:09 am
WerebearGuy wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:48 am I checked every Phalynx except those in Torghast, and didn't find any bronze ones. Killed the few respawning silver ones a few times too, no luck.
Sadly, a bronze phalynx is still not possible. The skin has still not been copied to the non-mount model.
I am kinda disappointed that the brown hyena wasn’t found or added, but, I’m glad those other looks like the new nightsabers I found, and the tan hyena, we needed a hyena with lighter snouts, paws, spots and manes for a while now, and on to mechanicals, mechagon prowlers unfortunately don’t use any of the unused colors
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

OK, I'm experimenting with a new feature that will display upcoming additional looks to existing NPCs, since there are so many to document right now.

So far I've just added the new look to the Bladewing Bloodletter: https://www.wow-petopia.com/npc.php?id=21033

I'll add all the new looks tomorrow. It's gotten way too late to continue, and I have work in 7 hours :s
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Sounds good, Wain. Thanks for the hard work! :)
Drayk
Realm: Velen

Unread post by Drayk »

Any chances of the grand wyvern mode finally being added that's the one unused model I'm dying for...