Chains of Domination PTR is up! June 29 (NA) / June 30 (EU) Release!

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Re: Chains of Domination PTR is up!

Unread post by worgpower »

Aroim wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:59 am i found some Hellhounds and Darkhounds in the Maw, but none of them are tameable
So long for my brown chained guarm’s uniqueness, but it’s good that there are more appearances, we mostly need more npcs that have the white soulseeker
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I've created a comparison chart for the new and old boars here:

https://www.wow-petopia.com/modelupdate ... odel_boars

The updates truly are faithful and gorgeous, and show great attention to the original designs. I think this is one of the best updates we've seen!
BoarReplacementSShot.png
BoarReplacementSShot.png (1.92 MiB) Viewed 2511 times
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I'm still working on images for the new models. It's taken a long time to sort out the texture files but I'm now ready to take shots. I've just run out of time today.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I really love how armor is now a separate geoset, when I was young, I was confused about the armored boars since it’s just a paint over, and I love to see the armor on all the different colors, I never even knew they made copper boar armor until I saw the boar page
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Yeah! The copper armour style is brand new, but if it's used anywhere then I haven't seen it. I wonder if the artist just created it for fun or if there's a specific purpose in mind for it.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Wain wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:03 am Yeah! The copper armour style is brand new, but if it's used anywhere then I haven't seen it. I wonder if the artist just created it for fun or if there's a specific purpose in mind for it.
There definitely should be purpose, maybe the next xpac will use these boars
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

OK, for Petopia, what are the most common names given to the new-model creatures in 9.1? I need generic names I can use for them in the Petopia database.
- the lizard-bears (Shardhides?)
- the lizard hopper things
- the reptilian flying creatures
- the wolf-serpents
- the new saurid-looking devourers
- the mechanical bird phalynxes

Are there any others? I know the Brokers have some little worms and robo cats, but those are too critterish for pets.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Shardhide, Hopper, Razorwing, ???, ???, Aquilon. I think the wolf serpents had a name like "wildling" in their mount journal entries. Whatever that is, use that. For the Devourer crawgs, just go with their model viewer name if that's something usable. Otherwise, I'm drawing a blank and would suggest "Devourer Crawg" as a temp name lol.
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

Valnaaros wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:29 am @Aroim Yes, I found those a couple of days ago. Even still, great work searching and keeping an eye out :) They should be up on the main site once Wain finishes compiling all of the new models and creates a preview page for 9.1 :)
Ah, that's great :)
I'm late with the PTR explorations thanks to technical difficulties, good hunt to all of our hardworking pet finders!
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

For whoever was wondering about saddleless Corpseflies. They do exist. I assume the system just 'dynamically' removes the saddle geoset.

I do hope they become tameable pets, too.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Qraljar wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:18 pm Image
For whoever was wondering about saddleless Corpseflies. They do exist. I assume the system just 'dynamically' removes the saddle geoset.

I checked them out on MV and they have a stinger, so I think they’d be fine in wasps, like aqir, they’re not really wasps but fit, same for fireflies
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

worgpower wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:20 pm

I checked them out on MV and they have a stinger, so I think they’d be fine in wasps, like aqir, they’re not really wasps but fit, same for fireflies
Yeah. For now, you can definitely cram them in there. But that family definitely could get a better and more generalized name down the line. :)
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Qraljar wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:43 pm

Yeah. For now, you can definitely cram them in there. But that family definitely could get a better and more generalized name down the line. :)
I would call it buzzers or stingers
Muzzie
Realm: Hydraxis

Unread post by Muzzie »

Yay boars! I would love to see this guy get an update as well:
https://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id ... rskinblack
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

WerebearGuy wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:31 pm Shardhide, Hopper, Razorwing, ???, ???, Aquilon. I think the wolf serpents had a name like "wildling" in their mount journal entries. Whatever that is, use that. For the Devourer crawgs, just go with their model viewer name if that's something usable. Otherwise, I'm drawing a blank and would suggest "Devourer Crawg" as a temp name lol.
Thanks! :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

worgpower wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:40 pm
Stinging Bastards. A good Aussie name for them.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Wain wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:29 am
worgpower wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:40 pm
Stinging Bastards. A good Aussie name for them.
That name would be great, I would laugh if that ended up as the new family name
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Ok, I've uploaded all the model shots!

I've created a rough 9.1 page here: https://www.wow-petopia.com/patch91.php (also linked on the Petopia main page).

Currently it just has the look info, no look tameability status or NPC tame info.

Let me know if you think anything's missing :) I have taken shots of the Broker worms and rats but I don't think either is a strong candidate for taming, so I left them off the page.

There were more wolf serpent looks than I thought (8).
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Great work, Wain :D
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Not sure if it was reported already, but I wanted to see if the "Hitbox" issue that was plaguing some Dread Ravens and Cloud Serpents was finally fixed (where they attacked out of range and missed Stomp/Beast Cleave hits). *Most* of them seemed to be fixed as of 9.1 (I still have issues with my tames on live, so I feel its a fix with 9.1? Not sure though). I noticed their hotboxes still display at a massive size, but all the pets seemed to run up appropriately close and land their hits properly.

The one I did find still having the bug was the Heavenly Black Cloud Serpent. I do not know if it is all Heavenly Black Cloud Serpents, but I know that the one I tamed still has the bug (which is the "Azure Serpent" from the Shado-Pan dungeon). I don't think it's all Heavenly Cloud Serpents still bugged either, because Rei Lun was not bugged in my 9.1 Testing.

So not sure if that's useful to anyone but felt I'd post it here (since that bug was keeping me from using some of my favorite-looking models to date lol).

Just for clarity sake, the ones I tested and found that were not bugged anymore:
Black/Blue Unarmored Dread Raven (from Spires of Arak)
Rukhran
Rei Lun
Onyx Warserpent
Milau