Chains of Domination PTR is up! June 29 (NA) / June 30 (EU) Release!

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Re: Chains of Domination PTR is up!

Unread post by worgpower »

I entered ptr and saw new hippogryph animations which are great, but I’m completely heartbroken that The mammoth run has been changed, cuz I loved the gallop, but the animations are much smoother than a elekk’s, I guess my dream was only there for 2 patches
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

As worg said, Mammoths now run in a way more similarly to real life elephants. While I do think the animation is better, it feels wrong with the mammoths' current design. The live animation is more intense, like a barreling behemoth charging. Now, it looks like a pleasant trot through the forest. It looks off however since the way mammoths' woolly bodies are basically a big sheet. The floppy wool doesn't look that good with the new animation when moving due to its aged graphics. When the goats got their pleasant update, it was fine on them because their model's geometry didn't have weird folding parts. I hope this is a hint at updating mammoth models, because it's a bad animation with their current looks.

Also as said, the Legion hippogryphs have a modified run animation too. Rather than their head, neck, and torso remaining stiff, they now move along with the rest of the body as it gallops. It seems to extend to the mount forms as well. Also worth noting; vanilla and BC hippogryphs NOW WALK ON LAND WHAT. It seems the old hippogryphs got the more modern animation set!
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

I looked at gryphons and they also seem to have one or two new animations.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Gonna feel weird seeing them walking instead of flying, but it's a welcome change.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_041421_130124.jpg
WoWScrnShot_041421_130124.jpg (630.18 KiB) Viewed 2266 times
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

WerebearGuy wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:02 pm Gonna feel weird seeing them walking instead of flying, but it's a welcome change.
Glad to see this since I like old hippogryphs better than the new ones, since they can run, I’ll tame those instead, same with old gryphons
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Anyone able to check on the ghostly spider from the garrison? I can't check it on ptr despite having it on live.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Still praying to tame those soul eaters, the animites, the alien planet anima crawg, hoppers, bone horses, but I want a pet hopper the most, well they currently have gorloc sounds, but I know it may be changed, same with the bears, even though one of them is called “shardclaw bear”, so it is possible that they are alien bears
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Went on PTR again to show a few things, I saw one thing i found hilarious, and one that needs to be fixed
WoWScrnShot_041421_083613.jpg
WoWScrnShot_041421_083613.jpg (29.73 KiB) Viewed 2234 times
this specific Razorwing walks on the sky instead of flies, its a hilarious animation file mistake
WoWScrnShot_041421_114052.jpg
WoWScrnShot_041421_114052.jpg (298.56 KiB) Viewed 2234 times
The old hippogryphs look better than ever, it was so weird that they constantly fly, anyway, the target icon looks buggy, only an antler, hopefully blizz looks into it
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

As much as I do hope they fix that "flying" for the razorwing, I kind of want one that remains like that. Be it as a pet or a mount, I want the chad razorwing who doesn't need to flap his wings to fly. Agreed on the hippogryph though. The changed animations are an absolutely massive improvement.
Clayford13
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Korgath

Unread post by Clayford13 »

Vephriel wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:57 pm I'll be honest, I don't like the new warp stalker at all. It looks squished and different and the horn shape change is really throwing me off. If it's just a fancy new mount that's fine, but I'd actually be devastated if this was a new version that replaced the old ones.
I can def see what you're talking about Veph. I do like it, but it is very hunched. The horns are too angled and the tail loses a lot. I still enjoy it a lot though.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Clayford13 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:54 pm
Vephriel wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:57 pm I'll be honest, I don't like the new warp stalker at all. It looks squished and different and the horn shape change is really throwing me off. If it's just a fancy new mount that's fine, but I'd actually be devastated if this was a new version that replaced the old ones.
I can def see what you're talking about Veph. I do like it, but it is very hunched. The horns are too angled and the tail loses a lot. I still enjoy it a lot though.
I can relate with other opinions, but I think it’s really good, the spines look different, positioned way back since it looks like a bigger more stretched model, on my opinion, the old warp stalker looks good, at the same time looks flat and tight since they’re also used on critters
Clayford13
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Korgath

Unread post by Clayford13 »

I hope the warp stalker model improves the run animation. It needs it desparately. They just kind of moonwalk/glide on live.

Also, Happy Birthday Wain! You do so much for the Hunter community and I hope you get a break!
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Clayford13 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:10 pm I hope the warp stalker model improves the run animation. It needs it desparately. They just kind of moonwalk/glide on live.

Also, Happy Birthday Wain! You do so much for the Hunter community and I hope you get a break!
Will probably move like the Saurolisk models from BfA did.

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

My mind is blown. I thought saurolisks had the same animations as warp stalkers this whole time. They looked so similar.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

WerebearGuy wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:40 pm My mind is blown. I thought saurolisks had the same animations as warp stalkers this whole time. They looked so similar.
They actually did have the same skeleton, the saurolisks is a bit modified due to the tongue that moves
Gregom
Realm: Mazrigos

Unread post by Gregom »

Flaming boar confirmed :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: <3
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_041421_234927.jpg
WoWScrnShot_041421_234927.jpg (230.11 KiB) Viewed 2178 times
WoWScrnShot_041421_234942.jpg
WoWScrnShot_041421_234942.jpg (265.15 KiB) Viewed 2178 times
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

That fire effect is extremely underwhelming. Did they nerf it? I remember it being extremely bright and vibrant.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Good news for mount enthusiasts, bad news for pet enthusiasts.

The new Warpstalker2 model currently has no attack animations. It does however have the same mountspecial as the low-res TBC Warp Stalker mount that was datamined as well as a special mount summoning animation.

Naturally, I hope that they do get attack animations and the same color combinations as the current existing TBC Warp Stalkers do so that Blizzard can put them in the game as wild beasts and have them tameable.

Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

I sure hope that thing is easily accessible. Warp stalker mount was something I wanted a long time ago.