Chains of Domination PTR is up! June 29 (NA) / June 30 (EU) Release!

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Re: Chains of Domination PTR is up!

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

You must've added them after I posted then, I didn't see that! As for Shade, I knew that as I keep trying every build, but you never know when/if it'll be changed.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:33 pm Girs is a new npc with 9.1 and doesn’t retain its name as of this build. The hound was cut from SL in late beta.
Oops! You reported that one before but I forgot it during the "checked" reset for the page. Fixed :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks heaps to Aroim and Quiv for checking so many more, and Werebearguy for keeping track of them all! :)

I've updated the database and there are 24 left to check. But of those, two may be missing in 9.1 (Lor and Ventun) and one is simply bugged and can't be reached (Nyemi). That leaves 21.

Also, I have an NPC up to the Yachi and Yao quest in Pandaria, so I can check those later.

There are still four that definitely don't retain their names. Five, if I include the Lost Netherwolf, though I'm not sure I should since it's meant to be Gara, what do you think?

For the list, see:
https://www.wow-petopia.com/tamenamesuggest.php
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

Wain wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:03 am Thanks heaps to Aroim and Quiv for checking so many more, and Werebearguy for keeping track of them all! :)

I've updated the database and there are 24 left to check. But of those, two may be missing in 9.1 (Lor and Ventun) and one is simply bugged and can't be reached (Nyemi). That leaves 21.

Also, I have an NPC up to the Yachi and Yao quest in Pandaria, so I can check those later.

There are still four that definitely don't retain their names. Five, if I include the Lost Netherwolf, though I'm not sure I should since it's meant to be Gara, what do you think?

For the list, see:
https://www.wow-petopia.com/tamenamesuggest.php

Gladly :) and i think the Lost Netherwolf should also be on the list, it also has a special name, even if it is theoretically Gara, it still has a different ID
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Oh, also...
WerebearGuy wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:12 pm Mechanical: 4.RF-4.RF, due to being too high level for players to tame in Shadowlands
I'm sure Valnaaros confirmed this one could be tamed, so is it actually 60 in the instance?

Also, Yachi and Yao confirmed to keep their names. Yachi also barks when clicked, Yao remains stoic.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Also...

- Izik the Dissolver requires you to have a Necrolord character with Atticus in the Stitchyard, and Atticus has to offer you the quest "Asset Extraction" this week to get the bug to spawn in Ardenweald. However Atticus is offering a different quest to my only necrolord player. Does that mean all players with the Stitchyard will get that quest from Atticus this week, or could it vary between players? If you have the Stitchyard, could you please check? It doesn't need to be your hunter - you can spawn the bug then switch characters quickly.

- we can't check on Haofeng until Mogu invasions are up and the Serpent Binding daily is available.

- Milo and Spitz require the Preemptive Assault WQ up in Nazmir, for Horde.

- was Hive Eater Matriarch removed at some point? It seems like it.

- it actually looks like none of the other spiders that were on the road around Keres' Rest (on the Beta) are in the live game. I can't find any of them, and none have maps or loot tables on Wowhead:
- Hive Eater
- Bonefang Spiderling
- Wasp Eater
- Anima Creeper
(Note: I've already set them all to retired, so please let me know if you find any in the game!)
Because of this, it's possible is restricted to one quest spawn and a spawn in the Plaguefall dungeon. At least the latter isn't too hard to reach, from memory.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Nightmother does retain her name.
Friender does retain its name.

I also went looking for Blood Seeker again, but with its spawn tied to Aeonaxx, multiple reports of it despawning quickly, and the fact it hovers in the middle of the air as a low level, I'm not sure how reasonable it will be to test this. Big yikes.

Edit: Just PTR doing PTR things

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

I've run into so many Aeonaxx on the PTR too. It's funny, especially after all the time I spent farming that stupid thing for the mount on live. According to the Secret Finder discord, Blood Seeker only exists for approximately 15 seconds. If I recall right, when Lemlia Luna helped me check when name retention first started, we sat at two focal points that covered all spawn points to where a /tar macro would reach it. One of those was a broken pillar to the north-west of the sanctum, and the other was south of the sanctum facing Stonecore. Two of its spawn points are on solid ground; one being that pillar I mentioned, and the other on the top of the pillars between Stonecore's entrance and the entrance to the sanctum. I'd suggest that, if you want to find it and NOT drive yourself nuts, just chill at one of the spots where you don't need to be mounted.

As for the other two mentioned, good to know that there's two more we can check off. I just wish Nightmother had a space in its name so I could perform the Black Sacrament. Oh well.

EDIT: Point and laugh at me; my /tar macro caught sight of Blood Seeker, but it despawned before I was able to reach it.
Kaydia
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Kaydia »

Nightmother does keep her name:
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_050921_141733.jpg
WoWScrnShot_050921_141733.jpg (317 KiB) Viewed 2795 times
Kaydia
Pet Finder

Unread post by Kaydia »

Doing the Gara questline now to check her.

*Edit:* Gara does keep her name while tamed.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_050921_151239.jpg
WoWScrnShot_050921_151239.jpg (392.04 KiB) Viewed 2787 times
Kaydia
Pet Finder

Unread post by Kaydia »

Chomper keeps his name when tamed:
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_050921_154332.jpg
WoWScrnShot_050921_154332.jpg (291.96 KiB) Viewed 2784 times
WoWScrnShot_050921_154350.jpg
WoWScrnShot_050921_154350.jpg (159.74 KiB) Viewed 2784 times
Kaydia
Pet Finder

Unread post by Kaydia »

Liskorath, the lizard in Tol Dagor, is only there when the WQ for it is up, from what I can see. I'll keep an eye out for it, it's not up at the moment.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

I haven't seen Liskorath's quest at all on PTR since we started noticing retained names this time around. Doesn't help that the dungeon quests are picked at random, and there's several per dungeon. We very well may never see Liskorath for the entirety of the ptr cycle due to that RNG. It's good to keep an eye out though. Here's hoping that nuisance can be tested soon.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks! I've updated the database and we're down to 14 now.
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

(since I couldn't find anything about it here, but if someone has already looked for it, then just ignore it)
not on the list,
(i looked after him because he is the only one of his kind there)
but also not keeping it's name: Ghost Howl
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Aroim wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 8:24 am (since I couldn't find anything about it here, but if someone has already looked for it, then just ignore it)
not on the list,
(i looked after him because he is the only one of his kind there)
but also not keeping it's name: Ghost Howl
Well spotted! I missed that one, so it's never been on our suggestion list :( I've added it now.
Bluefire
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Duskwood

Unread post by Bluefire »

WerebearGuy wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:09 pm I just realized why I like the appearance of those devourer crawgs. They kind of resemble the emperor sea strider from the Discovery Channel documentary "Alien Planet".
They remind me of of the Shreikers from Tremors.
Attachments
Tremor beasts.jpg
Tremor beasts.jpg (197.75 KiB) Viewed 2618 times
Clayford13
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Korgath

Unread post by Clayford13 »

Bluefire wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 2:33 pm
WerebearGuy wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:09 pm I just realized why I like the appearance of those devourer crawgs. They kind of resemble the emperor sea strider from the Discovery Channel documentary "Alien Planet".
They remind me of of the Shreikers from Tremors.
I KNEW they reminded me of something!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

WerebearGuy wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:29 pm
Valnaaros wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:25 pm
WerebearGuy wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:20 pm Sweet. Any chance for a pic? I'm curious how vibrant it is.
I don't see the wild glow there. That extreme blue glow the NPC had prior to taming seems lost.
Oh, and, I'm yet to work on the gyreworms and their slightly different glows. It seems that the tamed ones don't have the strong effects of certain untamed versions, but still may be a little different. It's really difficult to work out where those effects are coming from (for example, the creatureDisplayInfo data doesn't tell me why the Amber Parasite would have a different glow to the other amber gyreworms), and the model viewer doesn't show those differences, so I've kept putting it off.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Suggestion I posted regarding the new warp stalker model:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t ... ion/961370

(It hasn't been used in the game yet, so the suggestion is pre-emptive, assuming at some point they want to replace the old model with the new one).

Essentially, this is the difference between them:

<=

Clearly, the new model is lower / less upright. I'm not sure much could be done about that.

But other than that, I believe the horn style is one of the biggest changes to the overall feel/attitude of the model, and could be solved by implementing horn style variants, much like many modern stags/talbuk models have. It's been done a few times now, and hopefully would be simple. We could have forward-pointing horns (which I admit have a fun attitude to them), or a more backwards-leaning set for the originals.