Chains of Domination PTR is up! June 29 (NA) / June 30 (EU) Release!

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Re: Chains of Domination PTR is up! June 29 (NA) / June 30 (EU) Release!

Unread post by Talihawk »

Yay!!!!!!! I hope they'll still get some more pets fixed between then and now!
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Im disappointed they’re already releasing without the other korthian beasts becoming tameable, other than that, I’m looking forward to the patch
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I've split off the forum theme discussion into its own thread:
viewtopic.php?f=62&t=26601

If you want to have a say on what the default board theme looks like in the future, check it out.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

A hotfix was pushed today on the ptr. No changes were made as far as I can see, including Nyemi still being underground.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

so this is the patch where the playes face off Sylvanas?
I kinda like her despite what she´s been doing so I hope she wont go away for good

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Yes, we confront her as the final boss of the new raid. I want her gone for good though because her EXTREMELY lengthy story has been a complete drag. I was sick of her by the end of BfA, and now we finally get to put a knife in her. Blizzard better not cop out on us and let her get away or get redeemed. She deserves only death.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I respect your opinion but Im still semi rooting for her ;).
Once you get to the raid let me know how it turns out :D

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I was sympathetic to Sylvanus all the way through Wrath but started souring on her during Cataclysm. She committed genocide. Completely indefensible.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

*coughs softly and glances to the Dalaran Purge*

Siggy under construction!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I didnt want to start a discussion. I just simply wanted to know whats happening heh.
Every one is entitled to his/her/their opnion about it :)

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Bowno wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:54 pm *coughs softly and glances to the Dalaran Purge*
1. Jaina ordered the IMPRISONMENT of the Sunreavers. She allowed all of the Horde other than them leave Dalaran peacefully.
2. The only blood elves who died were the ones who fought back. What, were the Silver Covenant and Jaina just supposed to let the Sunreavers fighting back kill them?
3. The Sunreavers knew they did something wrong. Aethas in Legion outright admits he knew what they were doing and didn't put a stop to it, and that he takes responsibility for those who died.

A peaceful expulsion of Horde, and the imprisonment of a guilty party and killing those who resist imprisonment =/= Genocide in the least.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Maizou wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:50 am
Bowno wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:54 pm *coughs softly and glances to the Dalaran Purge*
1. Jaina ordered the IMPRISONMENT of the Sunreavers. She allowed all of the Horde other than them leave Dalaran peacefully.
2. The only blood elves who died were the ones who fought back. What, were the Silver Covenant and Jaina just supposed to let the Sunreavers fighting back kill them?
3. The Sunreavers knew they did something wrong. Aethas in Legion outright admits he knew what they were doing and didn't put a stop to it, and that he takes responsibility for those who died.

A peaceful expulsion of Horde, and the imprisonment of a guilty party and killing those who resist imprisonment =/= Genocide in the least.
Completely agree. Sometimes it is pointed out that Jaina would randomly fire a spell and kill a random Sunreaver that wasn't even attacking her, but Blizz has a couple of times said that such was a bug and she wasn't supposed to be doing that.

Since Cata, you can't really defend Sylvanas' actions, with the Burning of Teldrassil being the worst of them all. I forget where it was mentioned - it might've been in an interview, but it has been stated that Sylvanas has been purposefully trying to cause as much death as possible since Legion in order to send souls to the Jailer. Even if Sylvanas suddenly has a change of heart and turns against the Jailer, she can't be redeemed after all that she has done.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

I don't think the 5 Dalaran shopkeepers that attacked Jaina and got blasted are equivalent to, I dunno.. thousands of night elves?

There is a bigger issue with what happened with Dalaran. It wasn't what Jaina did, it was that the Silver Covenant took it as an opportunity to wreak more havoc and harm more people than was needed.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!