Chains of Domination PTR is up! June 29 (NA) / June 30 (EU) Release!

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Re: Chains of Domination PTR is up!

Unread post by worgpower »

Qraljar wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:13 pm
Valnaaros wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 8:04 pm Found Fleshwing. It is spawned by an event in Seeker's Quorum that can only be triggered by a Necrolord, but once started anyone can help participate in gathering corpses that will summon Fleshwing. 180042. Min Level: 61, Max Level: 61. Rare. Uses the Green & Purple variant. Title: <Lord of the Heap>. Recommend tamability, classified as a Wasp, and that it retains its name.

I assume that this mob is a rare that will drop the Lord of the Corpseflies mount for Necrolord members.
Definitely, if it’s necrolord only, it has to drop it
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks for all these finds! I’ll have to add them tomorrow. I’m glad Fleshwing showed up where I thought it might. And yes, that corpse stack is so weird! It took me a while to realize what it was. I thought it was some kind of strange antenna or tower at first.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Also, I guess the quest story behind the Necrolord mount is we go to Korthia to get it? If so, I guess these flies aren’t meant to be native to Maldraxxus after all. I wonder, are any of the other covenant mounts like that? Like, might wilderlings be native to Korthia instead of Ardenweald?
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Wain wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:36 am Also, I guess the quest story behind the Necrolord mount is we go to Korthia to get it? If so, I guess these flies aren’t meant to be native to Maldraxxus after all. I wonder, are any of the other covenant mounts like that? Like, might wilderlings be native to Korthia instead of Ardenweald?
I don't think so. The lore for Corpseflies is that they used to be all around Maldraxxus but died out when the anima drought hit. And now that anima is coming back, they're back.

Not sure why they're in Korthia, though. Brought over by Necrolords who then lost control of them?
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

There apparently isn’t a questline for the mounts. You’ll get some of the mounts through Renown and others through rares or vendors. Each of the mounts are native to their respective covenant’s zone.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

@Qraljar Most likely. The Escaped Wilderling was just a mount that escaped from the Night Fae and you help capture it again.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I see, thanks! :)

I haven’t had time to explore the 9.1 quest chaina any further yet. I’ve been doing Warcraft mounts images, and will return to the quests next :)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Currently, the quest chains make no reference to the Corpseflies or the Wilderlings. The Graveborn are shown briefly but not discussed, and the Aquilon are brought up in a side questline for Tazavesh.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I can't seem to solo Mechagon to check the Junkyard D.0.G because the HK-8 fight appears bugged, unless there's something I'm misunderstanding. The issue is with the phase where you hack the tower. The Hack bar appears grey and never actually moves no matter how long I'm there. The other annoying issue is that the two bots that are meant to circle that tower appear stationary, but I guess they are actually moving because if I stand still long enough something boots me back to the start, so I have to just hack for a bit and run around and hope I'm avoiding them.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Also, does Morguliax (Maw rare, Crucible of the Damned) still spawn a Hound of Morguliax during combat? I solo fought him for a bit but never saw one.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I mentioned it a couple pages ago, but that hound was removed near the end of Beta.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 10:49 am I mentioned it a couple pages ago, but that hound was removed near the end of Beta.
Thanks! Sorry, it’s easy to miss stuff when most of the posts happen while I’m asleep or at work. Or, it’s just me 😜
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

No worries, Wain! :)
Kaydia
Pet Finder

Unread post by Kaydia »

Finally reached the Accuser questline on PTR. Both Justice and Doom keep their names when tamed.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_051421_164744.jpg
WoWScrnShot_051421_164744.jpg (233.85 KiB) Viewed 2846 times
WoWScrnShot_051421_164830.jpg
WoWScrnShot_051421_164830.jpg (183.72 KiB) Viewed 2846 times
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

So those two roaming fellas were quest locked? No wonder I couldn't find them on any alts. I always skipped leveling in Revendreth with alts since pvp and Threads were faster. I remember seeing them on my original 60, but that was before level 60 and thus before you could actually tame them. Good to see two more keep their names.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

WoWScrnShot_051421_175127.jpg
WoWScrnShot_051421_175127.jpg (111.41 KiB) Viewed 2840 times
not new, but the aquilon is so big for a pet, not even a gryphon is that tall, anyway, im hoping there will be aquilons not tied to a quest, since in the beginning of the patch there will be many people killing it, we need more colors
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Kaydia wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:51 pm Finally reached the Accuser questline on PTR. Both Justice and Doom keep their names when tamed.
That's fantastic, thank you! :)

I checked some more off the suggestion list for name retention, and we're now down to six that remain unconfirmed on the 9.1 PTR:
- Blood Seeker is really hard to find
- Junkyard D.0.G. requires reaching that stage of Mechagon
- Haofeng requires a certain event to be up during a Mogu invasion of Pandaria. Unfortunately, the Mogu invasion just ended and I never saw that event appear.
- Nyemi is in Korthia, but is bugged and spawns somewhere underneath the world.
- Lor the Loyal and Ventun the Ravenous may have been removed on the PTR. They appear in a special quest version of Torghast as part of the The Search For Baine quest, but WerebearGuy couldn't find them when he checked.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I keep checking every so often with fresh copies, but those two do on the Baine quest just keep refusing to show. It's baffling. I have one theory as to why I can't see them on ptr though; it's possible that since I saw them on live and immediately left the instance, they disappeared for me entirely. Like, you have to go in to that specific Baine quest's Torghast for the very first time to encounter them. I don't want to believe that sort of stupid mechanic is in place, but if anyone else can check with any character, that would be very helpful. All of my alts are either 60 and past that, or level 50 and not even logged on for rested exp since launch.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Yeah, unfortunately I don’t have any characters near 60 that haven’t already done that quest. :/ hopefully someone else has a 60 Hunter who is up to it.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I know I still have more 9.1 beasts to add to our database, but I’m taking a break to work on Warcraft Mounts. I’ve taken all the 9.1 shots and am currently adding the mounts to the database. When I’m done I’ll link them with matching pet looks. I’ll also have to do the same with matching battle pets at some point…