Chains of Domination PTR is up! June 29 (NA) / June 30 (EU) Release!

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Re: Chains of Domination PTR is up!

Unread post by worgpower »

I’m excited for a updated warpstalker, and we get a new mount version, and I hope it’s not running in slow motion, which is why I never loved a warpstalker pet, same with saurolisks, but yeah, I’m looking forward to more model updates, hopefully raptor, gnoll, and old wolves and worgs, but I mostly want a updated monkey, but give it gorilla animations, the monkey animations make it look broken, I hate looking at the running
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Gnolls are certainly way overdue. I am surprised that they haven't been updated yet. They, along with Dragonspawn (the centaur-esque servants of dragons), are the only races that have not yet been updated, off the top of my head.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

WerebearGuy wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:30 pm I sure hope that thing is easily accessible. Warp stalker mount was something I wanted a long time ago.
Depending on when TBC Classic comes out, they might launch it with WoW's 17th anniversary. They'll also be having the Doomwalker and Illidari spawning in Tanaris outside the Caverns of Time for that event.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

All of the boar updates look amazing but I'm particularly struck by how great the undead one is, I wish I could personally thank the artist for spending so much time adding more gory details and keeping the skull face faithful to the original. The plagued swine was my original favourite pet in the game, and Frankenswine has been with me for a long time. I'm really impressed and happy with this revamp. :)
Attachments
aaa.png
aaa.png (322.08 KiB) Viewed 2697 times
bbb.png
bbb.png (296.52 KiB) Viewed 2697 times
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Those Korthian wolfhawks, do they have the same annoying idle animation bug the current wolfhawk hunter pets do? I'm really hoping that annoying idle animation is fixed in 9.1 Its weird seeing nonstop whiplash on those poor wolfhawks lol

edit:

Those updated boars look SO NICE! I'm glad to see they're more faithful to the original models than some of the other "model upgrades". Especially with colors :D

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

From the few times I was next to them without aggroing, they don't seem to have it. I've seen them actually look forward and stay looking forward. They still look to the sides, but not as often.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Rikaku wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:44 pm Those Korthian wolfhawks, do they have the same annoying idle animation bug the current wolfhawk hunter pets do? I'm really hoping that annoying idle animation is fixed in 9.1 Its weird seeing nonstop whiplash on those poor wolfhawks lol

edit:

Those updated boars look SO NICE! I'm glad to see they're more faithful to the original models than some of the other "model upgrades". Especially with colors :D
When I first looked at them doing the idle animation, I was like aww crap, another cool ruined pet until it did the normal non head turning, and I hope they fix wolfhawks too, I love them so damn much, and I’m sad I can’t use it cuz of its side to side animation, makes it look like a scared pet
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Just checked the wolfhawks on the PTR, taming a new one. It's in permanent flight mode when tamed, but runs when you run. No more idle left and right animations if it flies at all times!

EDIT: Kveldulfnir flies, Marvarnir walks normally and has the constant looking idle, and best boy Varoudnir does the flying animation too. So, two are "fixed" but broken, while the other is still broken.

Double EDIT: Boars animate way too often now.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

WerebearGuy wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:48 pm Just checked the wolfhawks on the PTR, taming a new one. It's in permanent flight mode when tamed, but runs when you run. No more idle left and right animations if it flies at all times!

EDIT: Kveldulfnir flies, Marvarnir walks normally and has the constant looking idle, and best boy Varoudnir does the flying animation too. So, two are "fixed" but broken, while the other is still broken.

Double EDIT: Boars animate way too often now.
Many pets constantly animate, like gorillas for example, always itching their behinds, I think the wolfhawks should have the custom1 animation which just stands with its head forwards, and I would love if the wind riders could stand rather than fly, same with old gryphons, and the wolfhawk flight disappears when you dismiss then call pet, unless that bug is only present on marvarnir, aka my favorite
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

The only one that doesn't fly when idle is the green one. The other two will ALWAYS fly when idle, even after being dismissed. Clearly a bug, of course. As for the constant animation, I mean that it's almost as bad as how often the wolfhawks animate. The boars do stay still for like a moment, but they will rapidly hop between all of their different idle animations far faster than on live.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

The boar update seems to only affect the Azeroth Boar model so far right? I checked Grunter who is on Azeroth but uses the yellow outland felboar model, and he is still the old look. I was so worried he would be ruined (got a long connection to this piggy boi), but they seem to be really faithful to the originals, so if they ever get to the Outland Boars, perhaps I shan't worry! They do look really rad, I must say.
Vephriel

Yeah I was a little sad to find they didn't touch the Outland felboar models, but I guess those are a bit different so maybe they just didn't have a reason to yet.

And I seem to recall the boars idling extremely often even before now, I think that's been a thing for a while. It would be nice if they slowed it down a tad, but I'm also not too bothered as their animations are very personable.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Vephriel wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:54 pm Yeah I was a little sad to find they didn't touch the Outland felboar models, but I guess those are a bit different so maybe they just didn't have a reason to yet.

And I seem to recall the boars idling extremely often even before now, I think that's been a thing for a while. It would be nice if they slowed it down a tad, but I'm also not too bothered as their animations are very personable.
I thought of the same thing with the runed darkhounds, I liked the darkhound update, while many people didn’t, why, it’s a skeleton change, it was just made to be more doglike, I always found the old ones ugly on my opinions, so I hope they update those, and the helboars, or instead give all boars, except for the pigs of course, the old boar animations, or at least give them a gallop instead of a fast walk, core hounds need a new run too
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Realistically, they could just make spikes as additional geosets like the new armor, and make new textures for the felboars. They are just corrupted normal boars, after all. Still, here's hoping the BC boars get some love too. I remember wanting Grunter for a long time, but oddly enough, I've never tamed it.
Vephriel

worgpower wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:02 am
Vephriel wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:54 pm Yeah I was a little sad to find they didn't touch the Outland felboar models, but I guess those are a bit different so maybe they just didn't have a reason to yet.

I thought of the same thing with the runed darkhounds, I liked the darkhound update, while many people didn’t, why, it’s a skeleton change, it was just made to be more doglike, I always found the old ones ugly on my opinions, so I hope they update those, and the helboars, or instead give all boars, except for the pigs of course, the old boar animations, or at least give them a gallop instead of a fast walk, core hounds need a new run too
I don't have many complaints about the new darkhound artwork, but the skeleton was a big step down for me. The original skeletons had a much more unique silhouette and they're only used on a couple of creatures now. The hyena skeleton, as nice as it is, feels overused a bit, and they just don't feel the same on it.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Vephriel wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:12 am
worgpower wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:02 am

I don't have many complaints about the new darkhound artwork, but the skeleton was a big step down for me. The original skeletons had a much more unique silhouette and they're only used on a couple of creatures now. The hyena skeleton, as nice as it is, feels overused a bit, and they just don't feel the same on it.
I 100% agree, I liked the wolf runs a bit better than those wonky hyena runs, but I like the mountspecial they have, I do like the old one, I’m glad the runed darkhounds, mechawolves and infernal hellhounds still use it, and i felt like the mawrat would look better if it had the wolf run, or maybe it’s own rodent like animation
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

the darkhounds make stupid howls when they merged them with coyote skeleton...
Darkhounds dont make doggy sounds :C I hate it so much.

Siggy under construction!

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Bowno wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:41 am the darkhounds make stupid howls when they merged them with coyote skeleton...
Darkhounds dont make doggy sounds :C I hate it so much.
I really hate those idle sounds, especially the darkhound and skeletal hellhound, but there is only one who isn’t annoying at all and it’s a darkhound I really love, the one and only flaming brown darkhound, it’s model is slightly different cuz of the tail and a bit of the flaming and extinguishing effects, I’m sorry to say it’s the only color that isn’t annoying, if you want a darkhound with no annoying sounds, go for the flaming brown ones from revendreth, or if your a dark iron, you already have one :p
Edit-I noticed mawrats also have those idle sounds, but it isn’t as annoying as the hounds, but still a bit weird to be honest
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

i found some Hellhounds and Darkhounds in the Maw, but none of them are tameable
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

@Aroim Yes, I found those a couple of days ago. Even still, great work searching and keeping an eye out :) They should be up on the main site once Wain finishes compiling all of the new models and creates a preview page for 9.1 :)