Chains of Domination PTR is up! June 29 (NA) / June 30 (EU) Release!

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Re: Chains of Domination PTR is up!

Unread post by PorrasouxRex »

I dislike any changes to the old hippogryph models. Why make them just run on the ground instead of fly? That takes away the point of "winged beasts" if most of them just run along the ground. I think they really should meet down the middle and just have a toggle command to fly or run.
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

PorrasouxRex wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:53 pm I dislike any changes to the old hippogryph models. Why make them just run on the ground instead of fly? That takes away the point of "winged beasts" if most of them just run along the ground. I think they really should meet down the middle and just have a toggle command to fly or run.
I can relate on how you feel, but on my opinion flying hippogryphs were obnoxious to use, fast flapping and jumping in the air, now they’re on the ground, the only way I see their wings in action is when they’re in combat and jumping(sort of)
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

PorrasouxRex wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:53 pm I dislike any changes to the old hippogryph models. Why make them just run on the ground instead of fly? That takes away the point of "winged beasts" if most of them just run along the ground. I think they really should meet down the middle and just have a toggle command to fly or run.
We can agree on this. Pets that have both flying and ground animations should be able to switch.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Qraljar wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:56 pm
We can agree on this. Pets that have both flying and ground animations should be able to switch.
We had flying rylaks, well I tamed one, and irewing also was able to fly, and animal companion, so sad Blizz bugfixed my rylak, it became just a rylak, flying pets should fly to attack enemies on the sky
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I just looked on petopia, made a little reason why Shardhides should be scalehides, they look very similar to mushan, they both have ridges, hard scales on their back, while having rough skin on the middle to the bottom

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

worgpower wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:51 am I just looked on petopia, made a little reason why Shardhides should be scalehides, they look very similar to mushan, they both have ridges, hard scales on their back, while having rough skin on the middle to the bottom

I agree with them being made Scalehides. They may be bear-like in certain ways, but they are more reptilian than they are mammalian, so would fit better in Scalehides.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Valnaaros wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:26 pm
worgpower wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:51 am I just looked on petopia, made a little reason why Shardhides should be scalehides, they look very similar to mushan, they both have ridges, hard scales on their back, while having rough skin on the middle to the bottom

I agree with them being made Scalehides. They may be bear-like in certain ways, but they are more reptilian than they are mammalian, so would fit better in Scalehides.
I just want them to be there since ferocity pets are practically the best, and if shardhides are in ferocity, it will be my go to pet no matter what spec I’m in
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

On to Slitherwings, has anyone found this look , it’s my favorite color out of all due to the dark stripes and yellow tips, making it a nice jungle creature, if there’s none with this color, I’m going to be sad
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I went and documented the names of every potential beast in Korthia that is available at all times (assuming the zone doesn't change during dailies), and which color(s) they have. I'm including hoppers because let's face it; it has to be a thing. I'm not including the devourers because they're abberations right now, and they seem unlikely until much later at earliest. Not going to mention critters either.

/ = Friendly, unattackable, untameable
^ = Rare
* = Elite
^^ = Rare Elite

I. Shardclaws
- Gold and Brown = Shardclaw Bear, Terrorclaw Mauler
- Green = Kah-Bear/, Terrorclaw Pulverizer*, Slatespine Brute, Slatespine Juvenile, Nyemi^^
- Pale Yellow & Brown = Shardclaw Cub
- Purple = Terrorclaw Dominator, Shardclaw Mauler
- Red = Shardclaw Alpha, Terrorclaw Scraper

II. Slitherwings
- Brown and Yellow = None
- Green = None
- Purple = Mature Slitherwing, Siphoned Slitherwing/, Juvenile Slitherwing
- Red = Korthian Flier, Korthian Needlewing, Slitherwing Matriarch
- Yellow = Saberwing Gnasher*

III. Korthian Hoppers
- Gold & Brown = Critters only
- Green = Flashy Hopper, Korthian Hopper
- Purple = Fierce Hopper
- Red = Critters only
- Yellow = Rockhopper, Zelnithop^

Notes:
- Nyemi is extremely far underground and inaccessible. It's likely the den mother for the Slatespine shardclaws, because of the matching color.
- The NPC "Korthian Hopper" is the only non-rare, non-elite hopper that's hostile by default.

The only missing ones are Brown and Yellow Slitherwing, Green Slitherwing, Gold & Brown Hopper, and Red Hopper. The rest are available at level 60, elites included. I'm with worg on liking that Brown and Yellow variant for Slitherwings, but unless it spawns rarely or is part of a daily or quest, it's not available. Yet.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

WerebearGuy wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:10 am I went and documented the names of every potential beast in Korthia that is available at all times (assuming the zone doesn't change during dailies), and which color(s) they have. I'm including hoppers because let's face it; it has to be a thing. I'm not including the devourers because they're abberations right now, and they seem unlikely until much later at earliest. Not going to mention critters either.

^ = Rare
* = Elite
^^ = Rare Elite

I. Shardclaws
- Green = Kah-Bear/, Terrorclaw Pulverizer*, Slatespine Brute, Slatespine Juvenile, Nyemi^^

II. Slitherwings
- Green = None

III. Korthian Hoppers
- Purple = Fierce Hopper
- Red = Critters only

Notes:
- Nyemi is extremely far underground and inaccessible. It's likely the den mother for the Slatespine shardclaws, because of the matching color.
- The NPC "Korthian Hopper" is the only non-rare, non-elite hopper that's hostile by default.

The only missing ones are Brown and Yellow Slitherwing, Green Slitherwing, Gold & Brown Hopper, and Red Hopper. The rest are available at level 60, elites included. I'm with worg on liking that Brown and Yellow variant for Slitherwings, but unless it spawns rarely or is part of a daily or quest, it's not available. Yet.
Ty, hopefully Blizz will add all of the colors like add the brown and yellow to saberwing gnasher, and add the green to korthian flyers
Gaskarga

Unread post by Gaskarga »

I was able to tame the Terrorclaw Predator on ptr. I found them on a floating island attached to what's labelled "Chain 014" . Map location of the island is 37.79,40.04. This beast has been asleep each time I've checked and was an easy tame without any unusual issues. The base of the chain (where it's attached to the ground) is in the Windswept Aerie 33.92,50.86. Hope this is helpful!
Attachments
Terrorclaw Predator.png
Terrorclaw Predator.png (442.69 KiB) Viewed 1934 times
Clayford13
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Korgath

Unread post by Clayford13 »

worgpower wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:51 pm
I can relate on how you feel, but on my opinion flying hippogryphs were obnoxious to use, fast flapping and jumping in the air, now they’re on the ground, the only way I see their wings in action is when they’re in combat and jumping(sort of)
I loved seeing them fly. I don't mind that they walk now but I do prefer the flight. Do they fly when going in to attack?
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks everyone for your work tracking down the Korthia beasts! :)

I know Valnaaros has compiled a list too. I'll collate everything we have so far and post a table here tomorrow.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Man I really hope the Hoppers become tameable. Also the three Devourer types, the Corpsefly and the new Warp Stalker model (if it gets attack anims and alt skins)

Also hope Blizzard eventually buffs the size of all bee rig using models after taming. (Bee, Aqir Drone, Ardenmoth, Corpsefly)
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Qraljar wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:54 pm Man I really hope the Hoppers become tameable. Also the three Devourer types, the Corpsefly and the new Warp Stalker model (if it gets attack anims and alt skins)

Also hope Blizzard eventually buffs the size of all bee rig using models after taming. (Bee, Aqir Drone, Ardenmoth, Corpsefly)
I would love to have hoppers too, but I want nothing more than a soul eater, and I’ve been praying for months that they will become tameable, especially the ones with wings, they’re not even sentient, they are also pets of some maw creatures
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I am really hoping for hoppers, I just love them and I think they're beast-like enough to be feasible taming candidates, they have a really unique skeleton and animations that I'd adore as a pet, and for once they're not really a humanoid like most NPCs using this skeleton are.

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Vephriel wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:33 pm I am really hoping for hoppers, I just love them and I think they're beast-like enough to be feasible taming candidates, they have a really unique skeleton and animations that I'd adore as a pet, and for once they're not really a humanoid like most NPCs using this skeleton are.

Yeah, definitely no reason to leave them out, they’re just hopping and chilling like a frog rather than live in huts like Gorlocs
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The creatures of Korthia almost feel like they're extreme morphs of a single species, their art styles are so related. As a few people have noted, the style is also similar to that of panthara from Argus and they'd probably fit there really well.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Wain wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:38 am The creatures of Korthia almost feel like they're extreme morphs of a single species, their art styles are so related. As a few people have noted, the style is also similar to that of panthara from Argus and they'd probably fit there really well.
I think those unused panthara colors you put on the page would of been perfect for korthia except that there is no purple glow
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

WerebearGuy wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:10 am I went and documented the names of every potential beast in Korthia that is available at all times (assuming the zone doesn't change during dailies), and which color(s) they have. I'm including hoppers because let's face it; it has to be a thing. I'm not including the devourers because they're abberations right now, and they seem unlikely until much later at earliest. Not going to mention critters either.

^ = Rare
* = Elite
^^ = Rare Elite

I. Shardclaws

II. Slitherwings
- Green = None

III. Korthian Hoppers
- Purple = Fierce Hopper
- Red = Critters only

Notes:

The green slitherwing is available, but only on an npc that spawns when a particular daily is up.