9.1 Beasts

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: 9.1 Beasts

Unread post by Wain »

As I'm updating the 9.1 bestiary, I'm cross-checking some of the data and I just need to clarify a two things:

- Is the ID of the Coastal Seagull in the Tazavesh dungeon really 97809? This is the existing ID for some tameable seagulls in BfA. It's not impossible they're using it here as well, and making it friendly, but it's unusual so I thought I'd check.

- Is Malbog (shalehide) still gold and brown? His Wowhead page shows him as red but that isn't always accurate.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Yes, that is the ID of them. I checked them again recently and that is the ID that they are using.

I can check on Malbog when I get home soon.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Mawsworn Seeker. 178630. Uses the Grey Soulseeker variant. Elite. In the Shadowsteel Foundry in the Sanctum of Domination (Raid). Min and Max Level unknown, though it is likely above tamable level since it is in a raid. Tamable.

Mawrat. 178626. Uses the Teal Mawrat variant. Found in the Sanctum of Domination (Raid). Tamable. Unknown level range, but it is not an elite. Likely Min Level: 60, Max Level: 62.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The following is a summary of all the new 9.1 beasts for me to add to the database, since the last update.

Could you please let me know if any of the things marked as tameable haven't been tested yet? If so I'll mark that they need checking.

Other than that, is there anything on this list that should be recommended for tameability? If models belong to families that are currently unclassified I haven't marked them as "suggest" taming on this list. We can just assume we want them to be tameable if they end up allowed.

Also, what's the approx. location of the Sputtering Aquilon?

Thanks! :)
FamilyNameTitleLookTame?LevelSound on Click?Retain Name?AreaLocationNotes
carrionbirdAnima-Starved SoulfeasterSuggest60 SpawnedThe BeastwarrensThe MawSpawns during the Assault Supply Carriage event.
corehoundAncient Core HoundNo61 EliteTazavesh, the Veiled Market (Dungeon)Tamable, but cannot be tamed yet due to level.
courserLastNo60The BeastwarrensThe MawFriendly. Pulls the carriage for the Assault Supply Carriage event.
courserFastNo60The BeastwarrensThe MawFriendly. Pulls the carriage for the Assault Supply Carriage event.
courserVenthyr SinrunnerNo60CocyrusThe MawFound during the Venthyr Assault. Friendly. Should be flagged as a Courser.
dragonhawkAmani DragonhawkYes60 EliteTazavesh, the Veiled Market (Dungeon)
houndAnima-Starved CorpsehoundSuggest60 SpawnedThe BeastwarrensThe MawSpawns during the Assault Supply Carriage event.
houndMawsworn SeekerYes60 EliteShadowsteel FoundrySanctum of Domination (Raid)
mechanicalPrototype AquilonYes60Ta RepositoryBastionFound during the quest, "Dead Drop".
mechanicalPrototype AquilonNo60Ta RepositoryBastionCannot be attacked. Found during the quest, "Dead Drop" after you have defeated the Aquilon that uses ID 178937
mechanicalSputtering AquilonNo60 SpawnedLOCATION?KorthiaFriendly. Spawns during the rare event "Popo's Potion Patrol", which is triggered by Kyrians. Recommend that it is flagged as a Mechanical, just in case.
ridentMawratYes60Sanctum of Domination (Raid)Found in the Sanctum of Domination (Raid)
scalehideAnkylodon BullYes60 EliteTazavesh, the Veiled Market (Dungeon)Found in Tazavesh.
scalehideShardhide PulverizerNo61 EliteTazavesh, the Veiled Market (Dungeon)Tamable, but cannot be yet due to level.
scalehideRipmaulSuggest60 EliteSuggestMauler's OverlookKorthiaFound in a cave in the south-west of the area, but is only up during the daily "Broker's Bounty: Ripmaul".
scalehideMalbogSuggest61 Rare SpawnedSuggestMauler's OverlookKorthiaCan only be spawned if you have Kah-Bear with you to follow the tracks to Malbog and to spawn him.
scalehideShardhide AlphaYes??60Windswept AerieKorthia
stonehoundVrednicPrince Renathal's PetNo60Planes of TormentThe MawFound during the Venthyr Assault. Friendly.
unclassifiedInvading MiteNo60 SpawnedWindswept AerieKorthiaSpawns from the Devouring Tear.
unclassifiedInvading ScavengerNo60 SpawnedWindswept AerieKorthiaSpawns from the Devouring Tear.
unclassifiedDusklight MatriarchNo60 EliteWindswept AerieKorthiaFriendly. Found on the western edge of the area.
unclassifiedFrenzied RazorwingNo60Windswept AerieKorthia
unclassifiedReliwik the DefiantNo60 Rare SpawnedSuggestVault of SecretsKorthiaSpawns from clicking the Uncorrupted Razorwing Egg (about 56, 66) in the Vault of Secrets in Korthia.
unclassifiedHollow GromitNo60Gromit HollowKorthiaThe Gromit Hollow cave system can be entered from the Windswept Aerie.
unclassifiedTwilight WilderlingNo60ArdenwealdFound just north of the Heart of the Forest.
unclassifiedBrilliant WildclawNo60Glitterfall HeightsArdenwealdRecommend that it uses the Blue and/or Red variants instead.
unclassifiedYoung WildclawNo60Glitterfall HeightsArdenweald
waspAqir ImpalerNo60Tazavesh, the Veiled Market (Dungeon)Cannot be attacked. Found during the quest, "Dead Drop" after you have defeated the Aquilon that uses ID 178937
waspGiant Hive GuardianNo60 EliteTazavesh, the Veiled Market (Dungeon)Needs to be flagged as a wasp.
waspFleshwingLord of the HeapSuggest61 Rare SpawnedSuggestSeeker's QuorumKorthiaFleshwing is spawned by an event that can only be triggered by a Necrolord, but once started anyone can help participate in gathering corpses that will summon this corpsefly.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Looks great, Wain!

The Sputtering Aquilon spawns around the middle of the zone, along the main road. It spawns in a few set locations.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks. I've updated the database with all the new NPCs. Some of the ones listed above were actually already listed. I also somehow messed up the Notes section for a couple. Hopefully they're all added correctly now.

Rather than simply add the new ones to the OP, I'll probably erase those tables and add a new list directly from the database. Tomorrow. :)
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Is this for new beasts only? We still have a few cloud serpent colors we can't tame due to being 'friendly'. Like the gold, green and blue.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Talihawk wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:23 pm Is this for new beasts only? We still have a few cloud serpent colors we can't tame due to being 'friendly'. Like the gold, green and blue.
Yes, this is just for things added in 9.1. The pet bugs and suggestions thread would be for the other Cloud Serpent colors, but they are already recommended over there :)
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Thanks! :D
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Talihawk wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:05 pmThanks! :D
You bet :)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Relic Gatherer. 179823. Uses the Grey Soulseeker variant. Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60. Rare. Found all over Korthia. Can only be seen if you have the buff "Reliquary Sight", which is obtained after using the item: Research Progress: All-Seeing Crystal. Recommend tamability. Flag as a Hound.

Relic Gorger. 179565. Uses the Light Devourer Scavenger variant. Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60. Rare. Found all over Korthia. Can only be seen if you have the buff "Reliquary Sight", which is obtained after using the item: Research Progress: All-Seeing Crystal.

Ella. 179671 and 179672. Uses the White Fen Strider variant. Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60. Friendly. Found in Torghast.

Gralebboih. 177979. Uses the Black Greater Gorm variant. Found in The Maw during Tormentors of Torghast event. Elite. Min Level: 62, Max Level: 62. Recommend flagged as a Carapid.

Swagsnout Gromit. 180598. Uses the Green Gromit variant. Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60. Found in Keeper's Respite in Korthia. Friendly. Spawned by the Trained Gromit Carrier item sold by Archivist Roh-Suir and acts as a companion.
Last edited by Valnaaros on Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks!

Is Nyemi still broken?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Wain wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:37 am Thanks!

Is Nyemi still broken?
Yes she is. I used Eagle Eye to get below Korthia and she is just floating in the void.

Updated the previous post with another beast.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Angry Needler. Niya's Pet. 179385 and 179386. Uses all of the Gorm wasp variants. Wasp. Friendly. Can be found in The Maw during the Night Fae Assault. Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60. The second ID uses the same variants as the first, but spawns during the quest, "That's Going to Sting".
Last edited by Valnaaros on Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Desperate Shade. 177790. Uses the Skeletal Hound variant. Found in Perdition Hold in The Maw during the Necrolord Assault. Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60. Recommend tamability and that it is a Hound.

Toxic Saurid. 180510. Uses the Green Saurid variant. Found in Tazavesh, the Veiled Market (Dungeon). Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60. In a cage and cannot be attacked. Is flagged as a Raptor.

Enraged Direhorn. 180495. Uses the Red Direhorn variant. Found in Tazavesh, the Veiled Market (Dungeon). Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60. Recommend tamability. Looks like it may have replaced the Shardhide Pulverizer that was found in this dungeon.

Frenzied Nightclaw. 180567. Uses the Grey and Pale Nightsaber variants. Found in Tazavesh, the Veiled Market (Dungeon). Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60. Recommend tamability.

Deranged Helboar. 180856. Uses the Grey & Orange Felboar variant. Found in Tazavesh, the Veiled Market (Dungeon). Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60. Recommend tamability.

Infested Bear. 180852. Uses the Sickly Grey Bear variant. Found in Tazavesh, the Veiled Market (Dungeon). Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60. Recommend tamability.

Devourer Mite. 180855. Uses the Blue Animite variant. Found in Tazavesh, the Veiled Market (Dungeon). Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60.

Dew Monster. 180848. Uses the three unused Loa Dire Toad variants. Found in Tazavesh, the Veiled Market (Dungeon). Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60. Recommend tamability.

Nether Beast. 180858. Uses all of the mana serpent variants. Found in Tazavesh, the Veiled Market (Dungeon). Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60. Recommend tamability and flagged as a Serpent.

Glimmershell Crab. 180850. Uses the Ivory w/ Orange and Blue Shell Hermit Crab variant. Found in Tazavesh, the Veiled Market (Dungeon). Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60. Recommend tamability.

Dew Monster. 180849. Uses the unused Small Dire Toad variants. Found in Tazavesh, the Veiled Market (Dungeon). Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60.

Dragonbone Condor. 180851. Uses the Blue Condor variant. Found in Tazavesh, the Veiled Market (Dungeon). Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60. Recommend tamability.

Sickly Gazelle. 180846. Uses the Diseased Gazelle variant. Found in Tazavesh, the Veiled Market (Dungeon). Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60. Recommend tamability.

Skeletal Lasher. 180853. Uses the White Skeletal Raptor variant. Found in Tazavesh, the Veiled Market (Dungeon). Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60. Recommend tamability.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Valnaaros wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:24 am Desperate Shade. 177790. Uses the Skeletal Hound variant. Found in Perdition Hold in The Maw during the Necrolord Assault. Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60. Recommend tamability and that it is a Hound.

Toxic Saurid. 180510. Uses the Green Saurid variant. Found in Tazavesh, the Veiled Market (Dungeon). Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60. In a cage and cannot be attacked. Is flagged as a Raptor.

Enraged Direhorn. 180495. Uses the Red Direhorn variant. Found in Tazavesh, the Veiled Market (Dungeon). Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60. Recommend tamability. Looks like it may have replaced the Shardhide Pulverizer that was found in this dungeon.

Frenzied Nightclaw. 180567. Uses the Grey and Pale Nightsaber variants. Found in Tazavesh, the Veiled Market (Dungeon). Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60. Recommend tamability.

Deranged Helboar. 180856. Uses the Grey & Orange Felboar variant. Found in Tazavesh, the Veiled Market (Dungeon). Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60. Recommend tamability.

Infested Bear. 180852. Uses the Sickly Grey Bear variant. Found in Tazavesh, the Veiled Market (Dungeon). Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60. Recommend tamability.

Devourer Mite. 180855. Uses the Blue Animite variant. Found in Tazavesh, the Veiled Market (Dungeon). Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60.

Dew Monster. 180848. Uses the three unused Loa Dire Toad variants. Found in Tazavesh, the Veiled Market (Dungeon). Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60. Recommend tamability.

Nether Beast. 180858. Uses all of the mana serpent variants. Found in Tazavesh, the Veiled Market (Dungeon). Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60. Recommend tamability and flagged as a Serpent.

Glimmershell Crab. 180850. Uses the Ivory w/ Orange and Blue Shell Hermit Crab variant. Found in Tazavesh, the Veiled Market (Dungeon). Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60. Recommend tamability.

Dew Monster. 180849. Uses the unused Small Dire Toad variants. Found in Tazavesh, the Veiled Market (Dungeon). Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60.

Dragonbone Condor. 180851. Uses the Blue Condor variant. Found in Tazavesh, the Veiled Market (Dungeon). Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60. Recommend tamability.

Sickly Gazelle. 180846. Uses the Diseased Gazelle variant. Found in Tazavesh, the Veiled Market (Dungeon). Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60. Recommend tamability.

Skeletal Lasher. 180853. Uses the White Skeletal Raptor variant. Found in Tazavesh, the Veiled Market (Dungeon). Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60. Recommend tamability.
It’s cool how brokers are able to collect beasts from the normal world and transfer them into the shadowlands and into tazavesh, it’s sick, the only thing I’m disappointed about is gromits and razorwings were never made tameable throughout the ptr phase
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I'm just compiling all the new database additions, thank you!

Just a couple of questions before I finish:

- Ella (2 IDs): Where/when do these IDs occur in Torghast and how do they differ?
- Angry Needler <Niya's Pet> : does Niya have a bunch of these at once? Or does she have a single pet but it spawns in a random colour each time?
- can you confirm that the Nether Beast has the green look? The list says it uses all colours, but Wowhead only shows 4/5 - no green.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Wain wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:24 am I'm just compiling all the new database additions, thank you!

Just a couple of questions before I finish:

- Ella (2 IDs): Where/when do these IDs occur in Torghast and how do they differ?
- Angry Needler <Niya's Pet> : does Niya have a bunch of these at once? Or does she have a single pet but it spawns in a random colour each time?
- can you confirm that the Nether Beast has the green look? The list says it uses all colours, but Wowhead only shows 4/5 - no green.

Based off of Wowhead, they can spawn in the different possible halls of Torghast. How they differ, I don't know yet.

There are three that are spawned next to her if the quest "That's Going to Sting" is up. They don't follow her or anything but stay in the spot where you pick up the quest. The second ID spawns when you use the item given to you during the aforementioned quest.

You're right. The green look is the only one that it does not spawn in.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks! I've added everything except the toad that uses the critter model.

I had to add the loa toad model (finally), and added all the NPCs that use those looks, many of which are in Island Expeditions. I also added them to the suggested tames list.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

You bet!

Hopefully soon they'll be added in :)