9.1 Beasts

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: 9.1 Beasts

Unread post by Wain »

Shade wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:16 pm
Valnaaros wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:12 pm You have to switch the phasing, I think.
Aha, that did it!

Might need to update the petopia page to reflect that.
I never registered that the update was to one version of the Rabid Hyena and not the other. Sorry, I should have. I'm updating the entry wording now.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

I know so many hunters that are pissed Gromits aren't tameable.

They could have easily been added to the Rodent family. :/ They're hunter pet sized too, so sizing wouldn't have been a problem.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Maizou wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:42 pm I know so many hunters that are pissed Gromits aren't tameable.

They could have easily been added to the Rodent family. :/ They're hunter pet sized too, so sizing wouldn't have been a problem.
They would be a much better fit with Toads than with Rodents :)
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Gromits should be in the gruffhorn family because everything is a goat.

Joke aside though, have any of you found a Relic Hunter on live while playing on your hunter? Because I don't recall that being checked. It's a rare shadehound you find after buying the upgrade to see enemies with relics on them in Korthia. I found it by Malbog's spawn.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

With cleffhoves being such a superior solo per i had hoped for more models.. pref one who doesnt look so mad

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

WerebearGuy wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:37 pm Gromits should be in the gruffhorn family because everything is a goat.

Joke aside though, have any of you found a Relic Hunter on live while playing on your hunter? Because I don't recall that being checked. It's a rare shadehound you find after buying the upgrade to see enemies with relics on them in Korthia. I found it by Malbog's spawn.
Yes, I found one last night. They aren’t tamable.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Ah bummer. With the two in Torghast being confirmed gone in 9.1, I was hoping we could get a named one finally. Oh well.

@Maria: I agree. I'd love for rhinos and outland clefthooves to get a much needed model update like the boars were given, but some new stuff would be nice. Sadly, the clefthoof family is likely doomed to be just rhinos and rhino-like things. Rhinos are odd-toed ungulates, and other members of the odd-toed ungulate family include tapirs (cute little things), horses, and some extinct freaks like Chalicotherium and Phenacodus. I doubt we'll get combat tapirs since we're still missing capybara pets, and horses are already their own thing along with goofy unicorns, so unless we get aliens, the only thing left for this family is extinct and vaguely related things.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

A couple of additions:

Doomed Gormling. 180499. Uses the Black Gormling variant. Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60. Spawned by Gralebboih, and so can be found throughout The Maw.

Riftborn Scavenger. 180111. Uses the Black Winged Soul Eater w/ Red Eyes variant. Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60. Found in The Rift, which is a separate phase of Korthia and The Maw which can be entered by using the Repaired Riftkey item. Specifically, it is found flying around northern Korthia.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks! :)

Regarding gromits (and razorwings, wilderlings and corpseflies), it does seem like a sadly missed opportunity there. Hopefully they’ll be made tameable later, and hunters will undoubtedly still be excited for them when they are, but there’s still nothing quite like being able to tame things when you’re exploring a brand new zone and everything is novel.

I suspect they simply ran out of time, and there are higher priorities, unfortunate as that is :(
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Wain wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:54 pm Thanks! :)

Regarding gromits (and razorwings, wilderlings and corpseflies), it does seem like a sadly missed opportunity there. Hopefully they’ll be made tameable later, and hunters will undoubtedly still be excited for them when they are, but there’s still nothing quite like being able to tame things when you’re exploring a brand new zone and everything is novel.

I suspect they simply ran out of time, and there are higher priorities, unfortunate as that is :(
This is for sure a factor. It's exciting to see a new and unique creature and learn you can tame it.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Sorry, somehow I managed to lock the first page of threads for this forum 😖 I had only intended to unsticky and lock the thread from Beta. Fixed now.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

No worries, Wain! Thanks for fixing it :)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I was able to confirm that Blazeseeker is tamable. He does retain the white fire/smoke effect and does retain his name.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:34 pm I was able to confirm that Blazeseeker is tamable. He does retain the white fire/smoke effect and does retain his name.

That's awesome you were finally able to check it! Thank you! :) I've updated the site and sent out a tweet as well.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I hadn't even thought about the Island Expeditions pets we can test now. Here's the rest of the list of things that hopefully will be tameable:
viewtopic.php?f=62&t=26552

They're just models that were first made tameable in Shadowlands. Any creatures with a model that was tameable (elsewhere) prior to Shadowlands will almost certainly remain untameable. So, mostly undead hounds, low snakes, cloud serpents, kunchong, things like that.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

You bet! :)

As for the other things, I don’t know. I made that list for you a while back of things that should’ve been tamable but weren’t, and as far as I know they haven’t been fixed yet. But hopefully so :)

Also, the link you posted just sends someone to this same page on the thread.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:20 am You bet! :)

As for the other things, I don’t know. I made that list for you a while back of things that should’ve been tamable but weren’t, and as far as I know they haven’t been fixed yet. But hopefully so :)

Also, the link you posted just sends someone to this same page on the thread.
Oops! Updated the link. Thanks.

I'll add the other stuff later, but this new tameable had priority and I did it quickly :)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

You bet!

Sounds good. :)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Another addition

Scorched Dredbat. 178283. Uses the Red Dredbat variant. Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60. Found in Revendreth on a piece of land floating to the southwest of the main landmass. Is accessed during the Venthyr Assault in The Maw. Tamable.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Soul Hunter has been fixed and is now tamable. Retains its name.