9.1 Beasts

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Re: 9.1 Beasts

Unread post by Qraljar »

worgpower wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:31 am The family should get an amphibian rename, but I think we might get a last minute taming pass, I still remember after the release of 8.3, the aqir started getting flagged tameable, then a day later we got new tameables like dread ravens and all those other cool looks, so I think it’s going to be possible that soul eaters, soul feaster crows(hopefully) and possibly the Gorm matriarchs will get their tameability, unless they talk of course
Yeah. I'm hoping that this is what's going to happen. Otherwise, 9.1 will be rather sparse. 8.3 launched much the same way, so I'm crossing my fingers.

Hoping at least for Corpseflies and Gromits. Part of me still hopes Devourers make it in at some point, whether that's in 9.1, or 9.2 or 9.3. I would love myself a big alien gorilla.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Qraljar wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:50 pm
worgpower wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:31 am The family should get an amphibian rename, but I think we might get a last minute taming pass, I still remember after the release of 8.3, the aqir started getting flagged tameable, then a day later we got new tameables like dread ravens and all those other cool looks, so I think it’s going to be possible that soul eaters, soul feaster crows(hopefully) and possibly the Gorm matriarchs will get their tameability, unless they talk of course
Yeah. I'm hoping that this is what's going to happen. Otherwise, 9.1 will be rather sparse. 8.3 launched much the same way, so I'm crossing my fingers.

Hoping at least for Corpseflies and Gromits. Part of me still hopes Devourers make it in at some point, whether that's in 9.1, or 9.2 or 9.3. I would love myself a big alien gorilla.
Yeah, of course, we have to wait until every beast gets flagged tameable, I hope none will be exotics since I’m a SV main
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Yeah, at this point it is very unlikely that there will be a taming pass before Tuesday. There'll either been a hotfix done at some point after 9.1 launches, or we'll have to wait until 9.1.5 or 9.2 for a taming pass to be done.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Valnaaros wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:13 am Yeah, at this point it is very unlikely that there will be a taming pass before Tuesday. There'll either been a hotfix done at some point after 9.1 launches, or we'll have to wait until 9.1.5 or 9.2 for a taming pass to be done.
It should be fine after release, I think this should be the family order of these beasts
Gromits -> toad(family rename)
Razorwing -> Feathermane(considering the fact wind riders are included and don’t have a single feather so this should be the best fit)
Soul Eaters -> Warp Stalker(family rename)
Devourers -> new skill family
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

I don't know if they can rename or add families with hotfixes, but I definitely think they should just add Gromits to Toads and Soul Eaters to Warp Stalkers in a hotfix and then maybe rename them in 9.1.5.

Sadly, this would leave out Devourers as a possibility.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I guess a name with "hopper" or "gulper" in it? Hmmm.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I personally prefer Hopper :) For Warp Stalkers, their name could be changed to something like Phase Beasts or something along those lines.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Andira. 178362. Feathermane. Uses the Gold & Teal Larion variant. Friendly. Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60. Found in Cocyrus in The Maw as a potential companion from the quest "United in Pride" during the Kyrian assault.

Gatamatos. 178379. Mechanical. Uses the Silver Phalynx variant. Friendly. Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60. Found in Cocyrus in The Maw as a potential companion from the quest "United in Pride" during the Kyrian assault.
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

I honestly skim the posts here right now as I am trying to avoid spoilers.

Wowhead's recent post about upcoming huter pets makes it look like Prototype Aquilon is horde only as it spawns during a quest that they only show a horde version of. Is there an alliance version of this as well?
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

That quest is part of the intro for 9.1, and is thankfully not a Horde-only quest.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Just so everyone is aware, it doesn't look like the Aquilon will be available to be tamed today. Tazavesh doesn't open till next week, and so the questline that has the Aquilon is not available until then.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:40 am Just so everyone is aware, it doesn't look like the Aquilon will be available to be tamed today. Tazavesh doesn't open till next week, and so the questline that has the Aquilon is not available until then.
I see, thanks!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I've updated the database to set all the pets to available, swapped the boar looks in, fixed up the matching minipet links for WCP, and added a 9.1 retained names list to the guide. I think everything's ready for the patch!

https://www.wow-petopia.com/patch91.php

Thank you so much to everyone who contributed their time and their finds to collect our 9.1 data. It was heaps of work and I'm immensely grateful for all your help :) <3
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Great work, Wain, and I am always happy to help out :)

Great work to all whom helped in gathering information :)
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Patch came up roughly 15~ minutes before they said they would. Oribos is spooky now. The new task, after unlocking everything, is to see what slipped in under the radar for pets!
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Shade »

White spotted Gray Hyena-anyone have luck finding these?

Petopia list them as 'Rabid Hyena' in Uldum. All I am seeing is the 'Scavaging Dunerunner'.

The Amathet Assault is on my server right now-do these not spawn if this assault is up?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

You have to switch the phasing, I think.
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Shade »

Valnaaros wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:12 pm You have to switch the phasing, I think.
Aha, that did it!

Might need to update the petopia page to reflect that.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

I'm so bummed the new wolf serpents arn't tameable :( was really hoping they'd get that taming pass in. :P
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Talihawk wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:08 pm I'm so bummed the new wolf serpents arn't tameable :( was really hoping they'd get that taming pass in. :P
Maybe our Patron Saint of Pet Taming will give us a little fanservice via hotfixes. Fingers crossed.