9.1 Beasts

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

9.1 Beasts

Unread post by Wain »

Here's what we have so far for 9.1.

Thanks to Valnaaros, Werebearguy, Aroim and others for all their work!

See also our official Patch 9.1 page on Petopia.

Shardhides

Note: even though these are currently classed as Bears I've decided not to note a family until we're certain what's going on there.

FamilyNameTitleLookTame?LevelSound on Click?Retain Name?AreaLocationNotes
scalehideKah-BearKah-Dee's PetNo60Keeper's RespiteKorthiaFriendly.
scalehideNyemiDen MotherYes60 Rare EliteSuggestWindswept AerieKorthia
scalehideShardhide BruteYes60Windswept AerieKorthia
scalehideShardhide GrowlerYes60Windswept AerieKorthiaFound inside the caverns
scalehideShardhide PulverizerYes60 EliteHope's AscentKorthia
scalehideShardhide CubYes60Mauler's OutlookKorthia
scalehideShardhide GrowlerYes60Seeker's QuorumKorthia
scalehideShardhide DominatorYes60Hope's AscentKorthia
scalehideShardhide AlphaYes60Mauler's OutlookKorthia
scalehideShardhide ScraperYes60Hope's AscentKorthia
scalehideShardhide BearYes60Mauler's OutlookKorthia
scalehideShardclaw Den MotherYes60Mauler's OutlookKorthia
scalehideShardhide MaulerYes60Hope's AscentKorthia

Unavailable Looks
None.

Razorwings

unclassifiedGrimtalonNo60 EliteSuggestWindswept AerieKorthiaOnly spawns when the quest, Broker's Bounty: Grimtalon is up.
unclassifiedRazorwing HatchlingNo60Windswept AerieKorthia
unclassifiedFrenzied RazorwingNo60Estuary of Awakening, Windswept AerieKorthiaThe Mature Slitherwings with this ID are more often found on the ground.
unclassifiedFrenzied RazorwingNo60Estuary of Awakening, Windswept AerieKorthiaThe Mature Slitherwings with this ID are only found in the air.
unclassifiedSiphoned RazorwingNo60Estuary of Awakening, Windswept AerieKorthiaCannot be attacked.
unclassifiedVoracious RazorwingNo60Hope's AscentKorthia
unclassifiedPredatory RazorwingNo60Seeker's QuorumKorthia
unclassifiedRazorwing NestguardNo60Estuary of Awakening, Windswept AerieKorthia
unclassifiedRazorwing MatriarchNo60Windswept AerieKorthia
unclassifiedRazorwing GnasherNo60 EliteHope's AscentKorthia
unclassifiedScavenging RazorwingNo60 EliteKorthiaAppears through most of Korthia, but only on days when the daily quest "Think of the Critters" is available.

Unavailable Looks

Gromits

unclassifiedCrested GromitNo60Korthia
unclassifiedKorthian GromitNo60Korthia
unclassifiedFierce GromitNo60Mauler's OutlookKorthia
unclassifiedFlashy GromitNo60Windswept AerieKorthiaFound inside the caverns.
unclassifiedZelnithopNo60 RareSuggestWindswept AerieKorthiaFound inside the caverns.

Unavailable Looks

Devourer Scavengers

unclassifiedNimble ScavengerNo60Mauler's OutlookKorthia
unclassifiedRavenous ScavengerNo60Estuary of Awakening, Windswept AerieKorthia

Unavailable Looks

Wilderlings

None have yet been found in the wild.

Unavailable Looks

Aquilons

Unavailable Looks

Corpseflies

Unavailable Looks

Older Models

beetleAgitated DeathroachNo60Seeker's QuorumKorthiaFound in a cave in the west of Seeker's Quorum.
stagAldermeighNo60AREA?KorthiaOnly present on days when the daily quest, Charge of the Wild Hunt is available.
feathermaneAndiraNo60CocyrusThe MawFriendly. Spawns during the Kyrian Assault.
feathermaneBattleready LarionNo60CocyrusThe MawFriendly. Misclassified as Mechanical. Spawns during the Kyrian Assault.
mechanicalBattleready PhalynxNo60CocyrusThe MawFriendly. Spawns during the Kyrian Assault.
unclassifiedChained DusksavageNo60DesmotaeronThe Maw
houndFrekkiChild of GuarmYes60 EliteYesHelgarde KeepThe Maw
mechanicalGatamatosNo60CocyrusThe MawFriendly. Spawns during the Kyrian Assault.
houndGirsChild of GuarmYes60 EliteSuggestHelgarde KeepThe Maw
houndHrodvetniChild of GuarmYes60 EliteYesHelgarde KeepThe Maw
unclassifiedHungering MiteNo60Sanctuary of GuidanceKorthia
unclassifiedHungering MiteNo60Estuary of AwakeningKorthia
courserMaelie the WandererNo60Seeker's QuorumKorthiaFound in the west of Seeker's Quorum, on a cliff edge. Cannot be attacked.
houndRampaging ShadehoundNo60Perdition HoldThe MawDead. Spawns during the Necrolord Assault.
carapidScenery Chewing GormNo60Dominance KeepRevendrethOnly present during the patch 9.1 campaign quest, The Big Squeeze.
unclassifiedShadecoat RidgebackNo60Seeker's QuorumKorthia
houndStarving CorpsehoundYes60DesmotaeronThe Maw
craneTerrified GlitterfeatherYes60ArdenwealdOnly present during the "Battle for Ardenweald" scenario.
houndVanargunChild of GuarmYes60 EliteYesHelgarde KeepThe Maw
houndVargirChild of GuarmYes60 EliteYesHelgarde KeepThe Maw
rodentVoracious MawratYes60The Path of UnderstandingKorthia
houndYivaMate of GuarmNo62 EliteSuggestHelgarde KeepThe MawFlagged tameable but her level is currently too high.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: 9.1 Beasts

Unread post by Wain »

9.1 Known Beast Bugs
  • Battleready Larion (178376) is currently classed as a Mechanical. It should be a Feathermane.

Armoured Boar Suggestions
The updated boar model in 9.1 means that all boar skin colours can now be used with all armour colours. They're no longer part of the base skin. Also, there's one extra armour colour that was never used on the original skin (copper, with no sigil).
The following are some suggestions to increase the number of available skin/armour combos. The one restriction is that the armours are Quilboar themed, which means they can only really be used in Quilboar areas, i.e. mostly on boars that already have armour.
  • The Battle Boar (74620) in RFK currently comes in all 3 original armour colour combos: black with armour that has a blue sigil, brown with armour that has a black sigil, and pale with armour that has a red sigil. I suggest you mix and match them to create all 9 possible combos of black, brown or pale skins with each colour of sigilled armour. The 6 looks you'd have to add (on top of the existing 3) are: this, this, this, this, this, and this.
  • The Armored Battle Boar (36696) in Mulgore is currently only Brown with armour that has a black sigil. I suggest you also add two more base skin colours: orange-brown (probably called "crimson") and yellow, and make combos with all three sigilled armour colours. This is kind of fitting as the unarmoured boars in the same area are yellow. The 8 looks you'd be adding are: this, this, this, this, this, this, this, and this. If you're happy to add even more combos you could also give them the copper armour (with no sigil) looks.
    There are several other armoured boars in the game, none of which are associated with Quilboars, even though they seem to have Quilboar armour markings. Since their looks are changing anyway in 9.1, I suggest they get the new coppery armour that has no sigil on it. Unless this is contentious because they'd be then a little more different to how they appear currently, but they would have unique looks. If it's suitable to do so, then:
  • Change the armoured black rares Scruff (50945) and Finn's Gambit (50949) to be black with copper armour (no sigil), like this.
  • Change the armoured brown rare Swee (50940) to have the brown w/ copper armour (no sigil) look, like this.
  • Change the armoured pale rare Hogzilla (50946) to be pale with copper armour (no sigil), like this.

Wowhead Links to NPC lists
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Looks great! :D
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

In the second post I've added links to a bunch of Wowhead pages for NPCs that use the various new models.

It should help us identify anything we haven't already found in the wild. And I know at least two NPCs on our list use multiple IDs for the one name, so it helps us find those, too.

Sadly, there isn't much for the wilderlings, corpseflies and aquilons yet.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Hopefully Wilderlings, Corpseflies, and Aquilons will be found in their respective zones by anyone. Otherwise, they might be something restricted to the questline tied to the mount.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

In my earlier list I included an entry for a Chimaera at the end.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:31 am In my earlier list I included an entry for a Chimaera at the end.
I remember it. I'm not sure how it got cut off :/ I'll go check where it went.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The other Slitherwing Matriarch - 178894 - can also be found on the Windswept Aerie. Found near the western edge.

Edit: Found another along the eastern edge.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Posting this list here. Most of the information was already taken and updated from it, but a few things were missed.

Changes to beasts in Korthia

Gromits

Flashy Hopper is now Crested Gromit.

Fierce Hopper is now Fierce Gromit.

The Rockhopper is now the Flashy Gromit.

The Korthian Hopper is now the Korthian Gromit.

Shardhides

Terrorclaw Scraper is now Shardhide Scraper.

Terrorclaw Mauler is now Shardhide Mauler and uses the gold and brown variant.

Terrorclaw Dominator is now Shardhide Dominator.

Terrowclaw Pulverizer is now Shardhide Pulverizer.

Slatespine Brute is now Shardhide Brute.

Slatespine Juvenile is now Shardhide Growler and uses the yellow variant.

Shardclaw Mauler is now Shardhide Growler.

Razorwings

Korthian Flier is now Voracious Razorwing.

Both Mature Slitherwings are now Frenzied Razorwing.

Siphoned Slitherwing is now Siphoned Razorwing.

Slitherwing Matriarch is now Razorwing Nestguard.

Juvenile Slitherwing is now Razorwing Hatchling.

Korthian Needlewing is now Predatory Razorwing.

Scavenging Slitherwing is now Scavening Razorwing.

Saberwing Gnasher is now Razorwing Gnasher.

New NPCs: Fallen Razorwing. Uses the purple variant. 179731. 179732 uses the red variant. Found in the Windswept Aerie in Korthia. Is always dead.

Beetles

Agitated Deathroach. 179812. Uses the dark blue and purple maw roach variants. Found in a cave in western Seeker's Quorum. Recommend tamability.

Hounds

All of Guarm's children are now elite and can be tamed. All of them except for Girs retains their names. Ylva is also tamable, but cannot be yet due to being elite and lvl 62.

Carapids

Scenery Chewing Gorm. 179405. Uses the Black gorm variant. Recommend tamability. Found in Dominance Keep in Revendreth during the quest, "The Big Squeeze".

Fixed Bugs

Battleready Larion is now properly classified as a Feathermane.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I've added all the above to the database (oops, except for the Scenery Chewing Gorm*) and I've updated the new colour finds from the other thread. But I haven't updated all the instance tames yet, which may also add some new colours.

Anyway, our 9.1 page is looking quite substantial now! https://www.wow-petopia.com/patch91.php

*Now I'm thinking they should add a gorm that is devouring a pile of fruit, and call it a Juicy Fruit Chewing Gorm.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

:lol:
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

You know, it's funny; I'm looking at the updated 9.1 page, and I see that we STILL don't have a grey musken. Thunderhorn is unique and not strictly grey, so the initial "problem" (if it can be called that) remains. I miss the original blonde look Thunderhorn had, but I'm glad we get a unique oxen finally. Regardless, where would the grey one be placed now? Perhaps as an alt to one of the two black musken enemies?
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

WerebearGuy wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 2:28 pm You know, it's funny; I'm looking at the updated 9.1 page, and I see that we STILL don't have a grey musken. Thunderhorn is unique and not strictly grey, so the initial "problem" (if it can be called that) remains. I miss the original blonde look Thunderhorn had, but I'm glad we get a unique oxen finally. Regardless, where would the grey one be placed now? Perhaps as an alt to one of the two black musken enemies?
While I’m excited for the black ram to be tameable, since the npc became tameable, now no one has to wait until bastion to tame a silver ram, and it’s odd how thunderhorn has a unique color and effect, just like Wildtusk where it uses the dry gray color and retains its spear while the regular hasn’t been used at all
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Maelie the Wanderer. 179912. Should be in Coursers, though cannot be attacked. Found in western Seeker's Quorum on a cliff edge. Uses the Brown & Grey Ardenweald Dreamrunner w/ Purple Horn variant.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Aldermeigh. 179404. Stag. Spawns during the daily, "Charge of the Wild Hunt". Friendly. Grey & Brown Runestag w/ Backswept Horns.
Jangalian
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Jangalian »

Any sightings of a tameable RED vulpin? I have my heart set on Reynard :)
( •_•) Many whelps!
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■) Handle it.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Jangalian wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:46 pm Any sightings of a tameable RED vulpin? I have my heart set on Reynard :)
Sadly, there isn't any tamable red vulpin yet. There is a new one that was added in the first ptr build, and it might be located inside the new dungeon, but it isn't known for sure and it isn't currently tamable (though that can be changed).
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Valnaaros wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:51 pm
Jangalian wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:46 pm Any sightings of a tameable RED vulpin? I have my heart set on Reynard :)
Sadly, there isn't any tamable red vulpin yet. There is a new one that was added in the first ptr build, and it might be located inside the new dungeon, but it isn't known for sure and it isn't currently tamable (though that can be changed).
It’s odd how out of every vulpin color, both of the reds are unused, hopefully there will be tameable red vulpins in a later patch
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Aqir Impaler. 180153. Uses the Blue Aqir Flier variant. Found in Tazavesh, the Veiled Market (Dungeon). Cannot be attacked. Flagged as a wasp. Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60

Coastal Seagull. 97809. Uses the Seagull model. Found in Tazavesh, the Veild Market. Friendly. Flagged as a Bird of Prey. Min Level: 45, Max Level: 45.

Prototype Aquilon is tamable. 178937. Uses the copper variant. Found in the Ta Repository in Bastion during the quest, "Dead Drop". Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60.

Prototype Aquilon. 178938. Untamable. Cannot be attacked. Uses the copper variant. Found in the Ta Repository in Bastion during teh quest, "Dead Drop" after you have defeated the Aquilon that uses ID 178937. Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60.

Ancient Core Hound. 180091. Core Hound. Min Level: 61, Max Level: 61. Elite. Tamable, but cannot be tamed yet due to level. Found in Tazavesh. Orange Core Hound variant.

Giant Hive Guardian. 180092. Needs to be flagged as a wasp. Not tamable, but should be. Min Level: 60. Max Level: 60. Elite. Found in Tazavesh. Uses Yellow Bee variant.

Shardhide Pulverizer. 180094. Scalehide. Tamable, but cannot be yet due to level. Min Level: 61. Max Level: 61. Elite. Found in Tazavesh. Green Shardhide variant.

Ankylodon Bull. 180095. Scalehide. Tamable. Elite. Min Level: 60. Max Level: 60. Found in Tazavesh. Uses Black and Light Grey variants.

Amani Dragonhawk. 180119. Dragonhawk. Tamable. Elite. Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60. Found in Tazavesh. Yellow & Pink variant.

Fleshwing. It is spawned by an event in Seeker's Quorum that can only be triggered by a Necrolord, but once started anyone can help participate in gathering corpses that will summon Fleshwing. 180042. Min Level: 61, Max Level: 61. Rare. Uses the Green & Purple variant. Title: <Lord of the Heap>. Recommend tamability, classified as a Wasp, and that it retains its name.

Ripmaul. 178907. Uses the purple Shardhide variant. Elite. Min Level: 60. Max Level: 60. Found in a cave in southwestern Mauler's Overlook, but is only up during the daily "Broker's Bounty: Ripmaul". Recommend tamability and name retention.

Darkmaul. 180063. Uses the purple saddled Shardhide variant. Friendly. Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60. Found just west of Mauler's Overlook. Currently classified as an Oxen, should be a Scalehide.

Malbog. 179684. Uses the Gold & Brown Scalehide variant. Min Level: 61, Max Level: 61. Rare. Found in Mauler's Overlook, but can only be spawned if you have Kah-Bear with you to follow the tracks to Malbog and to spawn him. Recommend tamability and name retention.

Sputtering Aquilon. 180146. Black Aquilon variant. Friendly. Spawns during the rare event "Popo's Potion Patrol", which is triggered by Kyrians. Recommend that it is flagged as a Mechanical, just incase.

Escaped Wilderling - 180013 - Uses the saddle green variant. Spawns from an event in Hope's Ascent in Korthia. Min Level: 61, Max Level: 61. Rare. Is currently classified as a wolf, though needs to be flagged as tamable.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Invading Mite. 180044. Dark Blue Animite variant. Spawns from the Devouring Tear in the Windswept Aerie in Korthia. Min Level: 60. Max Level: 60.

Invading Scavenger. 180045. Light Devourer Scavenger variant. Spawns from the Devouring Tear in Windswept Aerie in Korthia. Min Level: 60. Max Level: 60.

Dusklight Matriarch 179871. Uses the purple razorwing variant. Friendly Elite. Found on the western edge of the Windswept Aerie in Korthia. Min Level: 60. Max Level: 60.