Plaguerocs in Plaguefall are tamable

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
ScvgrHyena
Realm: Shandris

Plaguerocs in Plaguefall are tamable

Unread post by ScvgrHyena »

So while my guild was leveling up their alts, they asked if I wanted to level up my hunter since he was still level 57. I said sure and we spammed normal dungeons (the Necrotic Wake and Plaguefall) since these were the only 2 dungeons most of us had unlocked. While doing Plaguefall for the 3rd time I decided to see if the Plaguerocs were tamable. They came up as tamable with Beast Lore, and then while I was waiting for the tank to come back from his break I decided to tame the first Plagueroc I could find which is straight ahead if you walk in from the entrance. I tamed it and it looks like it used the purple color for the Death Roc skin. But then again I could be wrong as all of the Plaguerocs look kinda the same in the Maldraxxus green light. I'm just wondering why on Petopia it says they aren't tamable when they are. Anyway, someone on normal can maybe go through and test to see which ones are tamable and where there are, my hunter only has 158 ilevel so he isn't high enough to run around checking Plaguerocs. I hope it turns out to be true and not a bug, as it seems a lot of the Plagueroc skins are tied behind convent quests that most can't get access too.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Re: Plaguerocs in Plaguefall are tamable

Unread post by worgpower »

ScvgrHyena wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:59 pm So while my guild was leveling up their alts, they asked if I wanted to level up my hunter since he was still level 57. I said sure and we spammed normal dungeons (the Necrotic Wake and Plaguefall) since these were the only 2 dungeons most of us had unlocked. While doing Plaguefall for the 3rd time I decided to see if the Plaguerocs were tamable. They came up as tamable with Beast Lore, and then while I was waiting for the tank to come back from his break I decided to tame the first Plagueroc I could find which is straight ahead if you walk in from the entrance. I tamed it and it looks like it used the purple color for the Death Roc skin. But then again I could be wrong as all of the Plaguerocs look kinda the same in the Maldraxxus green light. I'm just wondering why on Petopia it says they aren't tamable when they are. Anyway, someone on normal can maybe go through and test to see which ones are tamable and where there are, my hunter only has 158 ilevel so he isn't high enough to run around checking Plaguerocs. I hope it turns out to be true and not a bug, as it seems a lot of the Plagueroc skins are tied behind convent quests that most can't get access too.
I found out months ago, werebearguy and I shared pictures of it months ago, this was right when I tamed it as a low level, werebearguy found out that the scripted ones can be tamed at level 60
DCBA1721-073A-408C-B75E-5FB583AB189F.jpeg
DCBA1721-073A-408C-B75E-5FB583AB189F.jpeg (36.92 KiB) Viewed 1992 times
Eisengrind
Realm: Durotan

Unread post by Eisengrind »

worgpower wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:25 pm
ScvgrHyena wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:59 pm So while my guild was leveling up their alts, they asked if I wanted to level up my hunter since he was still level 57. I said sure and we spammed normal dungeons (the Necrotic Wake and Plaguefall) since these were the only 2 dungeons most of us had unlocked. While doing Plaguefall for the 3rd time I decided to see if the Plaguerocs were tamable. They came up as tamable with Beast Lore, and then while I was waiting for the tank to come back from his break I decided to tame the first Plagueroc I could find which is straight ahead if you walk in from the entrance. I tamed it and it looks like it used the purple color for the Death Roc skin. But then again I could be wrong as all of the Plaguerocs look kinda the same in the Maldraxxus green light. I'm just wondering why on Petopia it says they aren't tamable when they are. Anyway, someone on normal can maybe go through and test to see which ones are tamable and where there are, my hunter only has 158 ilevel so he isn't high enough to run around checking Plaguerocs. I hope it turns out to be true and not a bug, as it seems a lot of the Plagueroc skins are tied behind convent quests that most can't get access too.
I found out months ago, werebearguy and I shared pictures of it months ago, this was right when I tamed it as a low level, werebearguy found out that the scripted ones can be tamed at level 60 DCBA1721-073A-408C-B75E-5FB583AB189F.jpeg
But why are they still listed under untameable than if this is known since months? Guess that's what confused the OP.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Eisengrind wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 6:04 am
worgpower wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:25 pm
I found out months ago, werebearguy and I shared pictures of it months ago, this was right when I tamed it as a low level, werebearguy found out that the scripted ones can be tamed at level 60 DCBA1721-073A-408C-B75E-5FB583AB189F.jpeg
But why are they still listed under untameable than if this is known since months? Guess that's what confused the OP.
It’s confusing cuz most of the rocs are a level higher while that specific scripted one is 60, Wain forgot to change it
ScvgrHyena
Realm: Shandris

Unread post by ScvgrHyena »

Ah okay I didn't know they were tamable, sorry if this is old information.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

ScvgrHyena wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 2:04 am Ah okay I didn't know they were tamable, sorry if this is old information.
No worries! It is good that you are keeping an eye out :)
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

ScvgrHyena wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 2:04 am Ah okay I didn't know they were tamable, sorry if this is old information.
Ever since these are tameable, I’ve helped one person get the purple roc, and I’m down to help even more people get it
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

How did I miss this thread? Sorry. I've now set the scripted plagueroc just inside the dungeon entrance as tameable. Are there any others in there that can be tamed? Or are they all either not-attackable, or too high level?
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Wain wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 6:58 am How did I miss this thread? Sorry. I've now set the scripted plagueroc just inside the dungeon entrance as tameable. Are there any others in there that can be tamed? Or are they all either not-attackable, or too high level?
The others can be tamed if you are below level 60, I’ve tamed those multiple times
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

So all the ones from the dungeon that I have marked as "flagged tameable but will always be one level higher than you" are actually tameable, but only below level 60? Are they now the same level as the player up to 59, but then become 61 when you reach 60?
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Wain wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 12:06 pm So all the ones from the dungeon that I have marked as "flagged tameable but will always be one level higher than you" are actually tameable, but only below level 60? Are they now the same level as the player up to 59, but then become 61 when you reach 60?
I’ve tamed them multiple times, so I can confirm that they’re tameable in lower levels, idk what level the rocs would be if I was level 59 for example, but yeah, it’s so complicated how it scales up so quickly to 61
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks! I'm gonna have to work out the levelling patterns, I guess.