'Gargon Training Manual' - Not dropping for me

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
zerochimp

'Gargon Training Manual' - Not dropping for me

Unread post by zerochimp »

I just wrapped up my thirtieth kill of Huntmaster Petrus for the Gargon Training Manuel... no dice.

Everything else I've read seems to be a mix of answers. Some say that it's a guaranteed drop. Some say that they got it on their "first try". :roll: Is this bugged or something? I don't even see it in the loot table or in any of my bags.

One thing I've been trying to get an answer to--despite there being nothing to say otherwise on the tooltip--is if belonging to the Venthyr covenant is a requirement for the book to drop. Has anyone else had issues with this? I really appreciate the help.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: 'Gargon Training Manual' - Not dropping for me

Unread post by Wain »

zerochimp wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:00 am I just wrapped up my thirtieth kill of Huntmaster Petrus for the Gargon Training Manuel... no dice.

Everything else I've read seems to be a mix of answers. Some say that it's a guaranteed drop. Some say that they got it on their "first try". :roll: Is this bugged or something? I don't even see it in the loot table or in any of my bags.

One thing I've been trying to get an answer to--despite there being nothing to say otherwise on the tooltip--is if belonging to the Venthyr covenant is a requirement for the book to drop. Has anyone else had issues with this? I really appreciate the help.
It's definitely not a requirement to be Venthyr. My hunter is Night Fae.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Are you absolutely, 100% sure you don't know how to tame them already? :)

Also, what level is your hunter? It shouldn't matter, as I know level 50-something hunters have received it even though they couldn't learn it until 60, but maybe that has changed.
zerochimp

Wain wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:08 am Are you absolutely, 100% sure you don't know how to tame them already? :)

Also, what level is your hunter? It shouldn't matter, as I know level 50-something hunters have received it even though they couldn't learn it until 60, but maybe that has changed.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I've tried killing both gargons before Petrus and killing Petrus before the gargons.

I'm level 60 as well.

Is there a mechanic or something I'm missing here? It bugs me because everyone I know has had it be an almost "guaranteed" drop.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

It has me stumped, sorry :(

The only other thing I can think of is that at some point you killed him when your bags were full and it’s sitting in your mail and won’t give you a second. Or you put it in your bank a long time ago and forgot you had it. These are longshots, I know :/
zerochimp

Wain wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:01 pm It has me stumped, sorry :(

The only other thing I can think of is that at some point you killed him when your bags were full and it’s sitting in your mail and won’t give you a second. Or you put it in your bank a long time ago and forgot you had it. These are longshots, I know :/
That's what I was thinking. Although I did check my bank and mail the other day. I usually check my mail often but my bank looks like a trainwreck. I feel like a hoarder. :lol:

I did put in a ticket with Blizz but I'm not holding my breath. If it ends up getting worked out, I will definitely post that here for anyone else who may have the same issue. Thank you for trying to help me. :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

No worries! Sorry we didn’t have a solution for you, and I hope that the GMs do.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Back when I played It worked om first drop without me and my hunter is bastion. She was specced Bm when I killed it's but I don't know if spec matter
Last edited by Ana on Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

ace_of_hearth
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by ace_of_hearth »

zerochimp wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:00 am I just wrapped up my thirtieth kill of Huntmaster Petrus for the Gargon Training Manuel... no dice.

Have you killed the rare on a different hunter? The spell book is 100% drop rate on the first kill and the spell is learned account wide.