Tenacity Pets dying really fast?

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Re: Tenacity Pets dying really fast?

Unread post by DannyGreen »

Outside of removing pet family restrictions and going back to the choose your own spec.
The leech should just be default for all families, and give ferocity something else.
Maybe a minor root, or armour reduction effect.
I'm still jealous BM get pteradons they are so cool. But even if I got one, i'd be stuck to a clefthoof. I'm currently using a crocodile because it's nice and low to the ground and doesn't get in the way during mythics.

As for trees, I agree with some previous comments in the thread, there will be a cookie cutter choice, but let's be completely real here.
There's always a cookie cutter choice in every game with talent trees or an option to optimise.
People will always find the most optimal build because it's what they do.
Last expansion it was Tranq pets if I remember correctly.

Going on about trees. If I had to make one.
1st row
15% leech, 15% Damage reduction for you and pet, 15% movement speed Cant be slowed below a certain threshold.
2nd row
Intimidate, Aoe taunt with a shield, Mass entanglement
3rd row
Blood lust, Masters call, 2nd charge of turtle

And if we can have fun here, Remove exotic pet limitations and instead add a 4th row exclusively for BM
4th row.
Bleed on KC, lesser bleed on Beast cleave (doesn't refresh), Mastery increase on Hunters mark? I dunno for the 3rd one.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

So, I went and tested it. I sent my pet to attack an elite in the Desmotaeron and recorded how long it took the pet to die. I did it 5 times per pet.

Ferocity (Soundless): 59 Seconds, 57 Seconds, 61 Seconds, 55 Seconds, 59 Seconds
Cunning (Shadow of Dhambala): 56 Seconds, 54 Seconds, 56 Seconds, 57 Seconds, 53 Seconds
Tenacity (Maw Roach): 29 Seconds, 23 Seconds, 25 Seconds, 28 Seconds, 23 Seconds

As you can see, even with a Shield Wall ability, the Maw Roach dies in almost half the time of the other ones.

I also repeated this with a Shardhide, Mechanical, and Giraffe. Same results. Shardhide lasted over a minute due to its shield wall, Mechanical was pretty much the same as Dhambala, and Giraffe had times under 20 seconds.

Tenacity is broken. I'm not sure how, but it definitely is.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Maizou wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:24 am So, I went and tested it. I sent my pet to attack an elite in the Desmotaeron and recorded how long it took the pet to die. I did it 5 times per pet.

Ferocity (Soundless): 59 Seconds, 57 Seconds, 61 Seconds, 55 Seconds, 59 Seconds
Cunning (Shadow of Dhambala): 56 Seconds, 54 Seconds, 56 Seconds, 57 Seconds, 53 Seconds
Tenacity (Maw Roach): 29 Seconds, 23 Seconds, 25 Seconds, 28 Seconds, 23 Seconds

As you can see, even with a Shield Wall ability, the Maw Roach dies in almost half the time of the other ones.

I also repeated this with a Shardhide, Mechanical, and Giraffe. Same results. Shardhide lasted over a minute due to its shield wall, Mechanical was pretty much the same as Dhambala, and Giraffe had times under 20 seconds.

Tenacity is broken. I'm not sure how, but it definitely is.
I hope the fix will take place in this update, I have not used a tenacity in a while since it barely has any use since ferocity is a better tank, maybe let tenacity have that passive instead of ferocity or something that makes them both equally good
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Maybe rename blood of the rhino and let that be an ability for all tenacity pets?

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Maria wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:33 pm Maybe rename blood of the rhino and let that be an ability for all tenacity pets?
Yess, just like the old days, clefthooves at this stage are you guessed it, boring, if we can have more armor and healing effectiveness on a tenacity, i would use tenacity as my go to, blizzard just wants us to go ferocity since other specs don’t do too well on elite battles compared to ferocity