9.1.5 PTR Beast Thread

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: 9.1.5 PTR Beast Thread

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I haven't seen any changes in this build.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks for all the checking!

At this stage I guess we can't expect too much more for this .5 patch, but it's always worth checking just in case. :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Decided to check Vakkiz the Windrager to see if he keeps his name on PTR, and as I expected, it doesn't. I propose tweeting out the list to see if our new pet benefactor is willing to adjust them. (And confirm for us if Blood Seeker does keep the name, since nobody has reported it since the last massive wave of name retention).
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Montages I made for Twitter: the four upcoming corpseflies and five upcoming gromits.

Corpseflies.png
Corpseflies.png (3.34 MiB) Viewed 5614 times
GromitMontage.png
GromitMontage.png (2.9 MiB) Viewed 5612 times
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I split off all the pink elekk posts to their own thread, since they're currently tameable and not 9.1.5 tames. That was my fault for posting on the wrong thread.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

No updates to today's ptr build.

Wilderlings, Corpseflies, Devourers, Razorwings, and Nyemi remain unchanged.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

How has Nyemi still not been fixed when Korthia's been live for months? Lol.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Maizou wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:41 am How has Nyemi still not been fixed when Korthia's been live for months? Lol.
Probably because most people have no idea that she exists. Unless you are a Hunter, you have really no other way of knowing that she is under the ground. She isn’t close enough to the service for other classes to see her nameplate.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I did directly report Nyemi to a dev who was involved in implementing Korthia rares, back before 9.1 was released, but no dice :(
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

No changes in today's build as far as I can tell.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

No changes in today's build.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

That’s sad, no attention since the gromits, aquilons and corpseflies, Blizz focused on emotes 98% of the time, turning wow, a 17+ mmo to a 5+ mmo, i still want my soul eaters and razorwings
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

worgpower wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:34 pm That’s sad, no attention since the gromits, aquilons and corpseflies, Blizz focused on emotes 98% of the time, turning wow, a 17+ mmo to a 5+ mmo, i still want my soul eaters and razorwings
This is a .5 patch, so there wouldn't normally be a lot of stuff done for pets anyways. Besides that, over the course of this past xpac and now in SL, we have been given a ton of new pets and families. Blizz is by no means required to do anything further, let alone to really add any new hunter pets. I am very thankful for what has been done.

17+ as in an ages 17 and up mmo? WoW has never been a rated M game. The various changes being made are truly for the betterment of the game and its community.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Valnaaros wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:46 pm
worgpower wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:34 pm That’s sad, no attention since the gromits, aquilons and corpseflies, Blizz focused on emotes 98% of the time, turning wow, a 17+ mmo to a 5+ mmo, i still want my soul eaters and razorwings
This is a .5 patch, so there wouldn't normally be a lot of stuff done for pets anyways. Besides that, over the course of this past xpac and now in SL, we have been given a ton of new pets and families. Blizz is by no means required to do anything further, let alone to really add any new hunter pets. I am very thankful for what has been done.

17+ as in an ages 17 and up mmo? WoW has never been a rated M game. The various changes being made are truly for the betterment of the game and its community.
Oh yeah, I didn’t realize it was that small of a patch, removing all these adult references and emotes makes it feel weird, but I hope 9.2 will add the rest of the pets to our hands
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I think we're doing pretty well for a minor patch. There are 13 new looks: 5 gromits, 4 corpseflies, 2 aquilons, the awesome banana snake, and the skeletal raptor that has a very subtle difference to the other bronze.
All are here: https://www.wow-petopia.com/patch915.php
Tsukina
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shen'dralar

Unread post by Tsukina »

Wain wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:58 am the awesome banana snake
:lol: :lol:

It gave me a laugh that I fell from the chair ... I know what name to put it when I caught it with my vulpex, xd
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Seeing as 9.1.5 will be coming out November 2nd, I am fairly certain that we won’t see any more additions or changes other than what we have already received.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Ooh, I can’t wait to get my new gromit, corpsefly, and repaint my aquilon with the black one to match my phalynx and other black mechanicals
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Also remember that 9.1.5 will bring solo Island Expeditions, which will make it much easier to grab tameables, and also farm any mounts you're missing.

There are actually only 8 creatures in IE that are currently tameable, and I think only one of these has a unique look (Blazeseeker). A few others are rares that retain their names, so you can always grab them for that reason. The list is here:
https://www.wow-petopia.com/search.php? ... familylook

(And if you're interested, our wishlist for IE tameables is: https://www.wow-petopia.com/islandexpeditions.php )
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Wain wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:05 am Also remember that 9.1.5 will bring solo Island Expeditions, which will make it much easier to grab tameables, and also farm any mounts you're missing.

There are actually only 8 creatures in IE that are currently tameable, and I think only one of these has a unique look (Blazeseeker). A few others are rares that retain their names, so you can always grab them for that reason. The list is here:
https://www.wow-petopia.com/search.php? ... familylook

(And if you're interested, our wishlist for IE tameables is: https://www.wow-petopia.com/islandexpeditions.php )
Since that’s happening, I can also be good help for hunters to get skycrack or blazeseeker since those can be hard to find in some cases, but the other benefit is I can collect the Stinkrot smasher mace and slap around with my fishes