9.1.5 PTR Beast Thread

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Re: 9.1.5 PTR Beast Thread

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Word of warning for engineers; don't try to use the Interdimensional Companion Repository on PTR right now. You will be unable to do anything other than see chat in real time. It's kind of like a disconnect that never actually disconnects you, forcing you to close the game and wait a bit for it to register your character as logged out. Ran into Val, who I didn't even see behind me, and I got hit by the bug when trying to get two gromits.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Good to know. Thanks for the heads up!
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

WerebearGuy wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:04 pm Word of warning for engineers; don't try to use the Interdimensional Companion Repository on PTR right now. You will be unable to do anything other than see chat in real time. It's kind of like a disconnect that never actually disconnects you, forcing you to close the game and wait a bit for it to register your character as logged out. Ran into Val, who I didn't even see behind me, and I got hit by the bug when trying to get two gromits.
I had this issue when I tried to visit the Stablemaster, so it might just be the stables in general that are (...heh) ...unstable.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

I'll be leaving the game updating overnight, if my computer doesn't overheat and crash, I should be able to help scout pets tomorrow. Lol.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

I just saw the pics, I’m excited I can tame the black aquilon, and I’ll get a black phalynx to match it, the gromits could be a bit bigger, but not big, but I’m super excited, corpseflies will be great too, they are ferocity pets so, wahoo! We still need the wilderlings, razorwings, and balrogs that I have been waiting for
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Can confirm that Zelnithop is tameable and retains his name.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Good to see that it's tameable, but I hope nobody goes for him on live. The name isn't unique, as it can just be copy-pasted onto the other purple gromits, and it drops a battle pet (that I STILL don't have, come on RNG).
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Awesome!
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

As long as he isn't changed to one of the unused variants, I don't see why people would really want to focus on taming him.
Dino
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Dino »

Some people tame for different reasons. Blizzard could change him to not be tameable.

Not going to tell people what they can and can't tame. I've been harassed over pet tames in the past and I'm tired of it. If there's a hunter that wants to tame it I'll go out of my way to help them or wish them luck.

I'm one of those hunters that would like to tame Zelnithop. Had my eye on him for awhile. If he's tameable when patch releases that's cool. If he's not then that's alright. His spawn timer isn't that long on the days he's up. Zelnithop isn't just a named rare, it's got it's own id number too that's different.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Unfortunately, due to the changes to Hunter pets post-tame, you can't actually see the original ID of the pet. All pets now have the same ID once they are tamed.
Dino
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Dino »

Valnaaros wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:15 pm Unfortunately, due to the changes to Hunter pets post-tame, you can't actually see the original ID of the pet. All pets now have the same ID once they are tamed.
The mob retains data from the rare it was tamed from. A normal purple gromit is a different mob in the game from the rare. I am the same when it comes to the MF spiders. I would rather try taming the rares first than the normal mobs that share the models.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Dino wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:26 pm
Valnaaros wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:15 pm Unfortunately, due to the changes to Hunter pets post-tame, you can't actually see the original ID of the pet. All pets now have the same ID once they are tamed.
The mob retains data from the rare it was tamed from. A normal purple gromit is a different mob in the game from the rare. I am the same when it comes to the MF spiders. I would rather try taming the rares first than the normal mobs that share the models.
Correct. It carries over the appearance and, if flagged to retain the name, it'll carry that over. But it no longer carries over the ID of the original NPC.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Went into an IE. As far as I can tell, nothing has been updated in them.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Dino wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:13 pm Some people tame for different reasons. Blizzard could change him to not be tameable.

Not going to tell people what they can and can't tame. I've been harassed over pet tames in the past and I'm tired of it. If there's a hunter that wants to tame it I'll go out of my way to help them or wish them luck.

I'm one of those hunters that would like to tame Zelnithop. Had my eye on him for awhile. If he's tameable when patch releases that's cool. If he's not then that's alright. His spawn timer isn't that long on the days he's up. Zelnithop isn't just a named rare, it's got it's own id number too that's different.
I'm also going to try to get him. :) Not because he'll be any different in the game (I'd even rename him truthfully), but because there's a unique enjoyment I get from targeting special mobs for a tame, if there is one for a specific pet skin. I still like to think of when hunter pets used to retain the ID number deep down in their coding, but even if they don't anymore, it's still a little more special to me than just aiming for one of the generic plentiful ones in a zone. A personal goal and sense of fulfillment, even if only for myself and no one else.
Dino
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Dino »

Vephriel wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:39 pm I'm also going to try to get him. :) Not because he'll be any different in the game (I'd even rename him truthfully), but because there's a unique enjoyment I get from targeting special mobs for a tame, if there is one for a specific pet skin. I still like to think of when hunter pets used to retain the ID number deep down in their coding, but even if they don't anymore, it's still a little more special to me than just aiming for one of the generic plentiful ones in a zone. A personal goal and sense of fulfillment, even if only for myself and no one else.
Yeah. I tame for IDs, Names, and if the pet fits a stable theme for my hunter. I'll be taming him on one of my hunters. I also like going for rare mobs cause it's like a story thing too for my characters. Not all my hunter tames are rare mobs, just certain ones. I like having personal challenges for tames too. Like going after Deepglider, Soundless, MF Spiders, and even other rare creatures out in the world. Like I have Blackbog the Fang on one of my hunters and I renamed him to something else, but to me he's still that rare tame that I ran into in the game.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

I love the new black aquilon so much, but i noticed a difference in size to the one i tamed on 9.1, they shrunk a bit in size, i tamed a gold one too, it's that way, sad, but im still excited for it, ill be even more when they will keep the old size
WoWScrnShot_051421_175127.jpg
WoWScrnShot_051421_175127.jpg (111.41 KiB) Viewed 1791 times
WoWScrnShot_090321_230941.jpg
WoWScrnShot_090321_230941.jpg (85.19 KiB) Viewed 1791 times
Cozzene
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Cozzene »

And then there's me. If the rare has a non-unique skin, excellent - takes far less effort, I can tame and move on. Already did the camps and fly-bys for the spirit beasts and Krush, not real keen to do it again unless it's my only option for the skin.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

So uh, anyone have an issue with the game crashing when logging into a character?

I was in Korthia, tamed a Gromit, headed back towards camp, crashed, and now I crash anytime I log into that character. It won't let me delete her either.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I haven’t had any issues like that yet.