9.1.5 Non-Pet Fainting Couch - RIPCORD HAS BEEN PULLED

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

9.1.5 Non-Pet Fainting Couch - RIPCORD HAS BEEN PULLED

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Edit: On August 27th, Blizzard dropped a lot of info on HIGHLY requested features being brought in 9.1.5. While none of these address hunter pets, here's the snippets of all the info they've told us so far:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/ ... te-preview
- At high enough renown, you can freely swap covenants.
- You can use Covenant cosmetics you've earned, regardless of your current covenant, once unlocked. This applies to alts as well.
- Conduit Energy is being removed. Blizzard outright acknowledges that this was a stupid concept.
- If you completed a Covenant campaign, alts immediately unlock the rewards that pick that covenant.
- Lightforged Draenei, Nightborne, and Void Elves are getting new cosmetic options.
- Legion Timewalking is confirmed, as well as Mythic+ difficulty for those runs, and its initial availability will be two weeks instead of one week.
- Maw introduction will be skippable! About time!
- Island Expeditions will be available in a solo queue. No more carrying two deadweight players!
- Unlisted balance changes for talents, abilities, and other tuning.
- Allied Races will be able to skip dungeon run requirements for unlocking them.
- You can fast travel to Perdition Hold and Desmotaeron, two of the worst places in the Maw. Yay...?
- You can turn in your five bags of anima items in Korthia, rather than having to go back to your Covenant to do so.
- You can link your transmog in chat. No need for addons to do this anymore.
- Alt leveling is being improved, including heirloom updates and the promised Torghast leveling!
- Low-Ilvl pvp gear will scale better so new players won't feel as worthless as they are feel!
- Runecarving drops are now 100% in any difficulty. If you still don't have that one elusive dungeon drop, then you will get it in one run soon!
- BfA is getting legacy loot rules for level 60 players. More loot, no drop restrictions! Get those items you couldn't get before without someone trading it to you!

Many long-overdue changes are coming, and potentially m ore.
Last edited by WerebearGuy on Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Re: 9.1.5 Will Introduce Solo Island Queue!

Unread post by worgpower »

It’s about time they add this feature, now I can solo farm island expeditions for mounts, and maybe I can help people get skycrack or blazeseeker
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

And introduce we can get all covenants cosmetics!!!

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

So many cool updates. I can't wait. I sure hope we finally get a taming pass. I ran into that crimson / bright red vulpin in Tazazvesh and was so disappointed to find that it wasn't tameable!
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

They dropped a few massive bombshells today with new info, good lord. Solo islands are probably the least interesting thing coming in 9.1.5, next to the horribly lackluster LF Draenei cosmetics. I may as well rename the thread to "9.1.5 Fainting Couch - Pre-release Version" since there's so much good stuff coming (WAY later than it should have, but still).

EDIT: Posted the official 9.1.5 preview and changed the OP post to TL:DR it. The ripcord has been pulled!
MadCat2K6
Realm: Nesingwary

Re: 9.1.5 Non-Pet Fainting Couch - RIPCORD HAS BEEN PULLED

Unread post by MadCat2K6 »

and still no new heritage armor yet.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Just saw the updated information posts, I heard their adding capital city/safe zone only crittershapes, and new travel forms which is exciting and all, but I think Blizz should do the following
-make sure the travel forms are not old reskins that nobody gets all hyped about, make sure their theme is their race to make them fun
-give more ghost wolf forms besides wolves and raptors, shamans need variety too, maybe elemental ghost wolf forms
-add claws of shirvallah, old incarnation bear and cat forms, if we can have a outdated fire cat, we can have outdated battle cats and bears
-legion timewalking mount better be legion themed and not use a reskinned old mount that has been used
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Most likely there isn't going to be any Heritage Armor this time around. You never know, of course, but I would think that would've been big enough that they would've announced it with the rest of the news.

The Legion TW mount will likely be a mount that was never used during Legion. All TWs has done this, including Wrath, though that one was certainly the most unique.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Lots of nice good QOL things. Could have wish they finally pulled the cord on tmogs too and removed all limits

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Valnaaros wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:56 am Most likely there isn't going to be any Heritage Armor this time around. You never know, of course, but I would think that would've been big enough that they would've announced it with the rest of the news.

The Legion TW mount will likely be a mount that was never used during Legion. All TWs has done this, including Wrath, though that one was certainly the most unique.
We still need a all class no faction fel bat mount with some cool armor
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Regarding the legion timewalking, here's all I hope for;
- It's as easy/fun as it was before
- If we use our artifact weapon when scaled down, it has everything unlocked and maxed (because I am NOT going back to do that on my alts for the effects, god no)
- Mount from 5k badges is either a purple infernal, a green Antoran charhound, or something totally 100% new (HAHAHAHA)
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Pink elephant mount? ;)
I am kinda excited to see how Thorghast lvling compares to quests in pve and lvl dungeons

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Currently there are two Infernals, a bunch of Argus talbuks, a yellow core hound, two manasabers, four basilisks, two felstalkers, six felbats, three ur'zuls, two stormdrakes, and four mana rays that could all be used as Legion TW rewards.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

How will the shifting if covenants work? First from renown 80?
And will i be able to go take a quest In revendreth, then switch and go to maldraxus for a quest, then switch and take a quest In ardenwald
Then do all 3 quest at the same time or do I need to pick one covenant, do that quest, then switch and no another covenants quest?
What will the new heirloom upgrade cost?

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

We don’t know any of that info yet. We won’t know until the ptr starts.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Valnaaros wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:39 pm Currently there are two Infernals, a bunch of Argus talbuks, a yellow core hound, two manasabers, four basilisks, two felstalkers, six felbats, three ur'zuls, two stormdrakes, and four mana rays that could all be used as Legion TW rewards.
Here’s two mounts that should be used for TW, I made up the names
Legionnaire’s Felbat, uses the red Felbat with the spiked collar
Corrupted Gazer or Felsworn Basilisk, uses the green basilisk, it has many interesting name ideas
If we get a Felbat and a basilisk, this way, EVERYONE can have a Felbat, not only demon hunters or horde players, and a basilisk, because everyone needs a standard basilisk, not everyone got the brawler’s one, and we need a bunch of legion toys, like a teleporter that transfers us to Wotlk dalaran and back, and maybe a Atiesh’s raven form for druids
ace_of_hearth
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by ace_of_hearth »

WerebearGuy wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:53 pm Edit: On August 27th, Blizzard dropped a lot of info on HIGHLY requested features being brought in 9.1.5. While none of these address hunter pets, here's the snippets of all the info they've told us so far:
I would argue that it does address pets because it would mean non-Night Faes could have an easier access to Shadow of Dambalah.