Pink Elekks Now Tameable!

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Pink Elekks Now Tameable!

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Could have the unused fire Kaliri for Midsummer.

The Headless Horseman’s steed, or one that looks like it, for Hallow’s End.

IMO, it would be ideal for new tameable npcs to be added for holidays that have a dungeon associated with them, to prevent competition between hunters.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Rather than dungeons, it could be like Hati; NPCs any hunter can see, but instanced in a way that other hunter competition won't cause problems with other hunters. You can't see other hunters' Hati when they're taming it, but it pops up next to them once tamed, for example. An instanced pet would be fine since I'm sure someone would find it on day one now that we're aware that our new pet benefactors are willing to do silly things, but I think the Hati method would be more valuable since it'd be easier to access and it'd make use of tech that's severely underused.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

To be honest, I think the next xpac will hopefully have more plant creatures, then we can have a tome for them including mandagoras, and I would love to have a full plant bear like the ones from Free realms(game which shut down years ago), plant wolves from the same game as above, and the best of all, we need plant cats, but wicker beasts could easily be made tameable this Xpac with some sort of skill that could drop in ardenweald and then send us back to drustvar to tame our pets
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Oh yes! The Headless Horseman's steed is iconic for that festival. It's this look:

Sadly I don't think there's any situation where it stands alone and could be made tameable. It could be added to the HH instance, however.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

@Wain Exactly what I was thinking. Could have it off to the side somewhere in the graveyard. Could spawn before or after the Horseman is killed, depending on whether or not the steed is the one is rides or just is one that looks like it.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Could also be a challenge tame. Make the Headless Horseman spawn if you manually walk to the dungeon, then have the pet be possible if you defeat the Headless Horseman solo.

That said, I'd prefer they limit how many holiday locked pets exist. I have way too many hunters, and dragging all of them to BRD was a pain. Lol.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Maizou wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:46 pm Could also be a challenge tame. Make the Headless Horseman spawn if you manually walk to the dungeon, then have the pet be possible if you defeat the Headless Horseman solo.

That said, I'd prefer they limit how many holiday locked pets exist. I have way too many hunters, and dragging all of them to BRD was a pain. Lol.
I just think both of the Midnights should be tameable, it’s a simple flag, but skeletal horses still need their tameability before that, these looks are natural enough, Blizz hasn’t had the opportunity to make those tameable, I can’t quit wow over the fun of pet taming and collecting