Pink Elekks Now Tameable!

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Pink Elekks Now Tameable!

Unread post by Wain »

Absolutely fabulous! There's a TAMEABLE PINK ELEKK! (listens for the sound of WerebearGuy fainting, across the ocean).
This is live, not 9.1.5.

PinkElekks.png
PinkElekks.png (4.05 MiB) Viewed 12069 times

It can be found in the Grim Guzzler in Blackrock Depths (regular, not Brewfest boss version), just inside the entrance. You need to be drunk or wearing Synthebrew Goggles to see and tame it (but obviously it's visaible to everyone after taming). Before taming it's tiny and adorable!

PinkElekkGG1.png
PinkElekkGG1.png (2.59 MiB) Viewed 12069 times

It's possible it's only there during Brewfest, so don't delay in taming one, just in case.

It actually has the exact same ID as the Pink Elekks in Terokkar Forest, but they remain friendly and untameable. This one is neutral.

This is the work of Sarah Cotner: https://twitter.com/SarahCotner
She's also responsible for the Gromits coming in 9.1.5 :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Boven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Re: 9.1.5 PTR Beast Thread

Unread post by Boven »

Dang. Is it only on the ptr or has it been found on live servers too?
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Boven wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:33 pm Dang. Is it only on the ptr or has it been found on live servers too?
It's live now, grab it! :)
Boven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Boven »

But I'm still at work!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Boven wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:35 pm But I'm still at work!
Tell them you have to go home because you have a gastric upset. I've found people never ask for details then.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

They're so cute! I grabbed one on my nightborne since all of her pets are purple/pink themed. :D

If anyone hasn't been down to BRD for a while or gets lost easily, I followed this decade old video to find my way there. :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnJscvlwWdI
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_093021_121107.png
WoWScrnShot_093021_121107.png (1.53 MiB) Viewed 12046 times
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Excuse the spam, but
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

My day is perfect now. Someone, visit my grave when I die of happiness and put a pink elephant plushie on my tombstone.

EDIT: I can't even find an uncensored drunk/alcohol term to name it. Oh well, I'm absolutely content regardless!
Last edited by WerebearGuy on Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

WerebearGuy wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:59 pm Excuse the spam, but
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

My day is perfect now. Someone, visit my grave when I die of happiness and put a pink elephant plushie on my tombstone.
Lol, I knew I was going to see this comment on a post, imma also get one of my own instead of one of my boring elekks
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

With how much I wouldn't shut up about them, I'm certainly surprised that it happened. Time to meme plant hydras into pet-dom next!
braunmar
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Grizzly Hills

Unread post by braunmar »

How much did i drink last night p01.png
How much did i drink last night p01.png (891.11 KiB) Viewed 12012 times
How much did i drink last night p02.png
How much did i drink last night p02.png (809.56 KiB) Viewed 12012 times
How much did i drink last night p03.png
How much did i drink last night p03.png (513.29 KiB) Viewed 12012 times
Last edited by braunmar on Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Fun fact, since someone had to do it; the tameable Pink Elekk does not drop any loot at all. Would've been funny if it dropped an empty mug or some other silly comment about the taps running dry, but there is absolutely zero benefit in killing it. Not like anyone would kill it since you're likely here alone, but still.

Now, we just gotta find out what the lowest level is to tame it.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Soul eaters are my pink elekk, or your mandragora now, I’ll scream when they’re flagged tameable, because I haven’t shut up about them for over a year now, I’ll die in my bedroom when the winged ones are mine
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Whoo hoo. Now we should all go on Parade with our Pink Elekk ! :D
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

I totally logged in tonight to tame one. It actually cracked me up because when I got to the Grim Guzzler, I used the Mystery Keg toy so I could get drunk. The Elekk didn't appear until it literally gave the message "you feel drunk!"

I hit tame and then midway through the tame, the Elekk just vanished from my sight. I could still hear it attacking me and I saw my character 'Dodge' a bunch of Elekk attacks. That's when I noticed that apparently my character almost immediately had dropped down to 'Feeling Tipsy'. I drank a few more mugs and the Elekk became visible again. This time I was able to tame lol

This is pretty fun to finally see, it's a pretty old model but... it's been a favorite of mine for a long time simply because its so 'wild and out there' color. Yanno, without the toned down 'modern model' colors.

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Rikaku wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:52 am I totally logged in tonight to tame one. It actually cracked me up because when I got to the Grim Guzzler, I used the Mystery Keg toy so I could get drunk. The Elekk didn't appear until it literally gave the message "you feel drunk!"

I hit tame and then midway through the tame, the Elekk just vanished from my sight. I could still hear it attacking me and I saw my character 'Dodge' a bunch of Elekk attacks. That's when I noticed that apparently my character almost immediately had dropped down to 'Feeling Tipsy'. I drank a few more mugs and the Elekk became visible again. This time I was able to tame lol

This is pretty fun to finally see, it's a pretty old model but... it's been a favorite of mine for a long time simply because its so 'wild and out there' color. Yanno, without the toned down 'modern model' colors.
I just grabbed the Synthbrew Goggles from Brewfest. I don't like the drunk effect, so being able to instantly remove it was nice.

Sadly, I won't be able to use this pet until they fix Tenacity pets survivability. X_X
Boven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Boven »

Wain wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:01 pm
Boven wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:35 pm But I'm still at work!
Tell them you have to go home because you have a gastric upset. I've found people never ask for details then.
I kinda sorta might have used a couple vacation hours so that I could head home early. I didn't want to risk a hotfix that might take the opportunity away.
elekks.jpg
elekks.jpg (130.36 KiB) Viewed 11853 times
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Boven wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:25 am
I kinda sorta might have used a couple vacation hours so that I could head home early. I didn't want to risk a hotfix that might take the opportunity away.
They were deliberate, so there was no risk of a hotfix :) The only risk if if they go away with the end of Brewfest.

Brilliant naming of your pair! I actually tried to name one of my original pair "PinkyTuskadero" but the name was too long. I didn't try to split it like you did :)
Boven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Boven »

I'd originally named the one 'Tuscadero'. Just as I did, I realized I should've gone for 'Tuskadero' It took me a little time to figure out which of my hunter alts had the stack of Certificates of Ownership my scribe made a while back.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Wain wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:57 am
Boven wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:25 am
They were deliberate, so there was no risk of a hotfix :) The only risk if if they go away with the end of Brewfest.

Brilliant naming of your pair! I actually tried to name one of my original pair "PinkyTuskadero" but the name was too long. I didn't try to split it like you did :)
Can't name it BingBong :(

Also, just to confirm, the Tenacity bug is still present. The elekk died while fighting 2 non-elites in the Necrolord assault lol. Meanwhile, my Shardhide didnt even drop below 60% fighting 3 elites.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Maizou wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:13 am Also, just to confirm, the Tenacity bug is still present. The elekk died while fighting 2 non-elites in the Necrolord assault lol. Meanwhile, my Shardhide didnt even drop below 60% fighting 3 elites.
Just a heads-up on the Tenacity thing. I have been told it's been brought to the attention of the hunter devs and should be in the process of being looked at. But I don't know any more than that, or how long it'll take to fix. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for 9.1.5.