Any other races missing their starting pet?

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Any other races missing their starting pet?

Unread post by Maizou »

So, it was brought to my attention that new gnome hunters that choose to start in Gnomeregan do not start with a pet.

I made a gnome hunter, no pet. Ran to Ironforge to check Stable Master, no pet in my stables.

I'm assuming that when they switched the gnome starting pet from the mecha rabbit to the mecha spider, they forgot to add that to the Gnomeregan starting gnomes? You do indeed get the Mecha Spider in Exile's Reach, but not in Gnomeregan.

Is there any other race with this issue?
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Re: Any other races missing their starting pet?

Unread post by worgpower »

Maizou wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:46 am So, it was brought to my attention that new gnome hunters that choose to start in Gnomeregan do not start with a pet.

I made a gnome hunter, no pet. Ran to Ironforge to check Stable Master, no pet in my stables.

I'm assuming that when they switched the gnome starting pet from the mecha rabbit to the mecha spider, they forgot to add that to the Gnomeregan starting gnomes? You do indeed get the Mecha Spider in Exile's Reach, but not in Gnomeregan.

Since the pet abilities have been moved to level 5, core race hunters no longer start with pets again like in old wow, if you start in a old starting zone, you get tame beast at level 5 and can choose the pet you want to start with, I leveled a worgen hunter in gilneas instead of exile’s reach since I get more levels that way, I never started with a mastiff, I manually tamed it while I was still in gilneas, but I wish the allied races start with the updated pets from the creation screen, like void elves with a panthara instead of a void stalker, or lightforged Draenei with a mana ray instead of a talbuk, which is strange since they still start with older pets
Cozzene
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Re: Any other races missing their starting pet?

Unread post by Cozzene »

worgpower wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:52 am
Maizou wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:46 am So, it was brought to my attention that new gnome hunters that choose to start in Gnomeregan do not start with a pet.

Since the pet abilities have been moved to level 5, core race hunters no longer start with pets again like in old wow, if you start in a old starting zone, you get tame beast at level 5 and can choose the pet you want to start with
Whoa, I had no idea. Made a disposable hunter to check and yeah, sure enough! Glad I ran into this post before I inevitably make another hunter and have the same ??? moment.