Trick for Taming Huolon

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Trick for Taming Huolon

Unread post by Maizou »

For those who are looking to tame Huolon, but gave up due to the insane camping he's under for the mount, I stumbled upon a trick that I've now employed to tame him twice without any competition on my level 38 hunter.

For hunters, this works before level 49. You can also party sync someone under 49 for it.

Essentially, you choose Mists of Pandaria Chromie Time on your level 35+ character. Then you make the arduous journey to the Timeless Isle in Chromie Time. Due to the fact Timeless Isle is never actually visited during Chromie Time questing, Huolon is almost always up.

The downside to this is Huolon will one shot you if you get hit. (His Lightning Breath went through Aspect of the Turtle and did ~90% of my health at level 38)

If you have a friend go to the Timeless Isle in Chromie Time, then party sync to them, you will be dropped to level 50, and be phased into Chromie Time, just make sure you're in the same War Mode Setting. (I had someone join to kill Huolon earlier, which IS possible, but it involves misdirecting to your pet [who takes zero damage from Huolon in Chromie Time for some reason], and feigning any time you start pulling threat, as well as avoiding the lightning balls he throws.)

Thought I'd share for people who didn't know, even though it may impede my attempts to farm Huolon for the mount lol.

If you don't have a friend willing to do this, feel free to post your battletag and I'll add you to help you on my low level hunter, who is parked at Huolon lol. Can only help Alliance though.
Last edited by Maizou on Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Re: Trick for Taming Huolon

Unread post by worgpower »

The same method can be done for nalak, I once tamed him on Mop timewalking at level 30